Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Was God A Boy or Girl?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Was God A Boy or Girl? (Read 1,385 times)
Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Was God A Boy or Girl?
Reply #10 - Apr 7th, 2017 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
The link below list several historians far closer to the event of Christ who do not deny his life, his death and the evnts that transpired according to scripture.  Take time to read them.

http://coldcasechristianity.com/2014/is-there-any-evidence-for-jesus-outside-the...

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Muckster
LNF Senior Staffer

Reply #11 - Apr 13th, 2017 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 7th, 2017 at 2:31pm:
Patently false.  Your remarks are mostly hearsay lacking irrefutable evidence.  I have heard the same claim regarding the old testament from folks like you who talk about second hand disagreements with no evidence. Yet Israel has the oldest manuscript of the book of Isaiah, over 1000 years old, and it matches our scripture today. There is history that makes it difficult to say the Bible is fantasy.  I have researched historian writings of the Christian events no further out then 100 years that are conclusive.

Your thread is a duplicate of the one in the religion forum, not appropiate for this forum as it is for the religion forum.
Actually I'm just repeating what modern biblical scholars, Christian and non-Christian alike, hold to be true. Now what filters down to church-goers is a different thing entirely.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #12 - Apr 13th, 2017 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Muckster wrote on Apr 13th, 2017 at 1:51pm:
Actually I'm just repeating what modern biblical scholars, Christian and non-Christian alike, hold to be true. Now what filters down to church-goers is a different thing entirely.

Then how about links to your sources?  I have linked you my sources and all you are offering me is your second hand opinions minus your resources.  I have no idea who you are referring to nor have you invested time in this discussion.
« Last Edit: Apr 13th, 2017 at 4:17pm by Seawolf »  

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #13 - Apr 13th, 2017 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 7th, 2017 at 2:31pm:
Patently false.  Your remarks are mostly hearsay lacking irrefutable evidence.  I have heard the same claim regarding the old testament from folks like you who talk about second hand disagreements with no evidence. Yet Israel has the oldest manuscript of the book of Isaiah, over 1000 years old, and it matches our scripture today. There is history that makes it difficult to say the Bible is fantasy.  I have researched historian writings of the Christian events no further out then 100 years that are conclusive.

Your thread is a duplicate of the one in the religion forum, not appropiate for this forum as it is for the religion forum.

1000 years old post dates the controversies described and therefore is not evidence for your position.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #14 - Apr 14th, 2017 at 10:36am
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Apr 13th, 2017 at 8:36pm:
1000 years old post dates the controversies described and therefore is not evidence for your position.

Wrong, the argument used frequently is that we can not trust scripture due to the constant passing down and rewriting.  The Dead Sea scrolls containing the book of Isaiah destroys this claim.  It is over 1000 years old and matches, almost perfectly what we have today.  I doubt few of you know the painstaking process over the centuries the Jews took to ensure accuracy.

IP Logged

XP
LNF Representative3
LNF Bunker

Reply #15 - Apr 16th, 2017 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 10:36am:
Wrong, the argument used frequently is that we can not trust scripture due to the constant passing down and rewriting.  The Dead Sea scrolls containing the book of Isaiah destroys this claim.  It is over 1000 years old and matches, almost perfectly what we have today.  I doubt few of you know the painstaking process over the centuries the Jews took to ensure accuracy.

Of the New Testament?

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #16 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 6:58am
Print Post  
XP wrote on Apr 16th, 2017 at 10:53pm:
Of the New Testament?

The Old Testament, the New Testament is a series of letters, mostly, from the Apostles.  Curious, what is it about the Bible's message that does not sit well with folks?

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Trolls exterminated while
you wait.

Reply #17 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 6:58am:
Curious, what is it about the Bible's message that does not sit well with folks?

The claimed existence of a god. .

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #18 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 5:46pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 4:41pm:
The claimed existence of a god. .

Well you can no more deny a Creator as you can a builder or a painter as their work is evidence of just that.  There is no way that all these accidents created a perfectly balance system of life.  The odds are impossible no matter how many thousands or million of years has passed.  We have not ever witness life created out of nothing by accident.  This is why I say it takes far more faith for you to believe this then for me to believe in God.

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #19 - Apr 26th, 2017 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
About as good a place as any for this post.

I was listening to a Christian radio station (yes, there are such things).  I listen to it frequently because I like what I call, for lack of a better word, "Christian rock and roll."

They also deliver news and editorial comment.  One item I listened to today concerned the relationship between education and "religiosity."  It said that studies have shown that the greater a person's educational attainment the less that person was involved in religious worship EXCEPT in the case of Christians. That was true for Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist, Hindu, etc.  but NOT true for Christians.  Which begs the question, why?

The broadcast did not answer that question.  But I know the answer.  While I know that all people who claim to be Christian are not, I also know the reason a person is a Christian.  It is because of what God did.  Members of all other religions do not even claim that.  But the Book of Books says that is the ONLY way to become Christian.

I'll leave it at that.  This forum is not a place to discuss theology.  But I figured the Christian forum was a good place for this post.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Was God A Boy or Girl?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog