Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEconomics, Financial News › Debt Limit $19.8 Trillion
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Debt Limit $19.8 Trillion (Read 94 times)
Possumpoint
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Proud Member of the Doom
& Gloom Club

Debt Limit $19.8 Trillion
Mar 29th, 2017 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
As of March 16, 2017, the Debt Limited was fixed at the level achieved the day before. In other words. once again the government is spending past the limit. Last I looked, we were at $19.96 Trillion.

The government now is taking what use to be considered extraordinary measures to fund expenditures. These measures will last at most for 5 months before even they run out.

Now we get to watch a fractured Republican party twist and turn to get the limit lifted or we start talking government shut down again.
« Last Edit: Mar 29th, 2017 at 8:32pm by Possumpoint »  

Learn all you can, it's a one way trip.

IP Logged

Possumpoint
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Proud Member of the Doom
& Gloom Club

Re: Debt Limit $19.8 Trillion
Reply #1 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
No replies, no concern? Both of the major parties are big government parties. I don't believe that they want to fix the problem and will continue to increase the debt till it blows up in every one's face. The political will isn't there to balance the budget.

The political cost required to change the approach to one that is needed is very high. A number of factions would scream bloody murder if their government teat was turned off. The voters would revolt unless they are presented the cold hard facts of what will happen and what it will take.

IP Logged

Rathbone
LNF Staffer2

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #2 - Apr 1st, 2017 at 4:46am
Print Post  
Possumpoint wrote on Mar 31st, 2017 at 3:26pm:
No replies, no concern? Both of the major parties are big government parties. I don't believe that they want to fix the problem and will continue to increase the debt till it blows up in every one's face. The political will isn't there to balance the budget.

The political cost required to change the approach to one that is needed is very high. A number of factions would scream bloody murder if their government teat was turned off. The voters would revolt unless they are presented the cold hard facts of what will happen and what it will take.

I came to the conclusion a long time ago that there really is not much of a difference in the two major parties. It's become like a shell game.  The Democrats gets the reins then the Republicans.

None of them have the fortitude to deal with it head on.  They each want to introduce more spending for political gain as the debt sinks this nation further and further into the abyss.

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Representative2

Reply #3 - Apr 1st, 2017 at 6:57am
Print Post  
Rathbone wrote on Apr 1st, 2017 at 4:46am:
I came to the conclusion a long time ago that there really is not much of a difference in the two major parties. It's become like a shell game.  The Democrats gets the reins then the Republicans.

None of them have the fortitude to deal with it head on.  They each want to introduce more spending for political gain as the debt sinks this nation further and further into the abyss.

You got that right!

But first and foremost, it's mostly because of our weak citizenry.

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

Rathbone
LNF Staffer2

Reply #4 - Apr 3rd, 2017 at 9:05am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Apr 1st, 2017 at 6:57am:
You got that right!

But first and foremost, it's mostly because of our weak citizenry.

I've often said we have become a nation of idiots and every generation gets dumber and dumber. Many can't even do basic math.

Give a few pennies to a cashier in order to round off your change and watch the dumbstruck look on his or her face.  Forget about history. It's pathetically sad to see how little they know and worse, how they don't actually care.

IP Logged

Possumpoint
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Proud Member of the Doom
& Gloom Club

Reply #5 - Apr 3rd, 2017 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
If you really want to get a dumb look in return, start talking about the functions of the Federal Reserve and what they have done to us with QE-1, 2, & 3. Most citizens don't have a clue on how bad off the economy is. Worse, all too many of them don't care so long as their TV works and their sports teams win.

My personal opinion is DJT will be made the fall guy when the house of cards falls down. As he discussed last spring, he'll have to be the one who files for bankruptcy for the USA. From that point on the citizens of this country will know what real hardship is.

IP Logged

Rathbone
LNF Staffer2

Reply #6 - Apr 3rd, 2017 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
Possumpoint wrote on Apr 3rd, 2017 at 3:01pm:
If you really want to get a dumb look in return, start talking about the functions of the Federal Reserve and what they have done to us with QE-1, 2, & 3. Most citizens don't have a clue on how bad off the economy is. Worse, all too many of them don't care so long as their TV works and their sports teams win.

My personal opinion is DJT will be made the fall guy when the house of cards falls down. As he discussed last spring, he'll have to be the one who files for bankruptcy for the USA. From that point on the citizens of this country will know what real hardship is.

They would think it's a cruise ship with a puzzled look on their faces as you rolled your eyes at them after they said it.  Wink Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEconomics, Financial News › Debt Limit $19.8 Trillion
LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog