Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Where do I go to find the roots of liberal morality?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Where do I go to find the roots of liberal morality? (Read 4,082 times)
Dying Breed
LNF Senior Staffer3

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Where do I go to find the roots of liberal morality?
Apr 6th, 2017 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
I would like to hear others thoughts on this more from a morality perspective that a political one.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/04/where_do_i_go_to_find_the_roots_of_l...

This article does raise some interesting points.

Since liberalism is dominant in the media, academia, and Hollywood, liberals' holier-than-thou message, sent out on a near daily basis, is that they are the compassionate ones and conservatives are the evil ones.

I would be interested in knowing where to find the morality with which this compassion is built.

There is an old saying by the religious: "We are spiritual beings having a human experience."  Liberalism has inverted this to be "We are humans that may or may not have spiritual experiences (mostly not)."  In other words, it is rooted in the philosophical heritage of materialism, where man is the measure of all things.

One could go on in trying to find the roots of liberal morality.  There's the trio of Jack Kerouac, William Burroughs, and Alan Ginsberg, the beat writers who paved the way for the nihilism and pseudo-liberation of the sixties that lives on today.  Or it could be found in the existentialism of Sartre or Heidegger, who held that all of being is reduced to simple existence, no more, no less, and that people have it in their power to create their own happiness (or unhappiness).  Putting individuals at the center of their own little universes created an illusion that's led to today's hyper-individualism and pervasive sense of self-importance (also commonly known as narcissism and egotism).  And one can't forget the research and published works of William Johnson and Virginia Masters that helped spark the sexual revolution, which continues to contribute to the downward spiral of self-destructiveness through the normalization of deviant social behavior in all kinds of manifestations.

I really would like to know when and how this compassionate liberal morality was constructed.  It is an edifice of smoke and mirrors, resting on a foundation of sand.

“There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who do not. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living.”---- José N. Harris

IP Logged

Muckster
LNF Senior Staffer1

Re: Where do I go to find the roots of liberal morality?
Reply #1 - Apr 6th, 2017 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
Funny thing is, the most egotistical, self-centered people I've ever met are Christians. They're always praying for themselves, trying to do good for others so they can score points for themselves to get to heaven, etc. Very selfish if you ask me.

As for liberal morality, I'd trace that back to Jesus the real person, not the cartoon character he's been made into by Christianity. He never asked anyone to pay him for healing (free healthcare for all), never charged admission to his sermons (free education), always hung around with the downtrodden of any color (unlike racist conversatives who don't like black guys dating their women or running their country). I mean geeziz Jesus was a liberal if ever there was one!

Honestly, I think He'd be ashamed at the way so many Christians have invoked his good name for all the hate and intolerance they've spewed all these years. Ashamed.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #2 - Apr 6th, 2017 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
Muckster wrote on Apr 6th, 2017 at 1:45pm:
Funny thing is, the most egotistical, self-centered people I've ever met are Christians. They're always praying for themselves, trying to do good for others so they can score points for themselves to get to heaven, etc. Very selfish if you ask me.

As for liberal morality, I'd trace that back to Jesus the real person, not the cartoon character he's been made into by Christianity. He never asked anyone to pay him for healing (free healthcare for all), never charged admission to his sermons (free education), always hung around with the downtrodden of any color (unlike racist conversatives who don't like black guys dating their women or running their country). I mean geeziz Jesus was a liberal if ever there was one!

Honestly, I think He'd be ashamed at the way so many Christians have invoked his good name for all the hate and intolerance they've spewed all these years. Ashamed.

We are told to pray, to bring all of our issues before our father, Abba.  Regarding scoring points to get to heaven, it is obvious you know very little about the Gospels.  Not a single person is capable of good works in order to avoid God's wrath.  God could care less about politics, but he is concerned regarding your salvation or lack of.  The problem is too many think they are good enough to get to heaven based on their own standards, but when compared to God's standards we fall woefully short of the mark.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Muckster
LNF Senior Staffer1

Reply #3 - Apr 7th, 2017 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
Not talking about god's motivations. I'm sure She'd be just fine without us. Talking about Christian's motivations, which seems very selfish and very un-Jesus-like.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - Apr 7th, 2017 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
Muckster wrote on Apr 7th, 2017 at 1:31pm:
Not talking about god's motivations. I'm sure She'd be just fine without us. Talking about Christian's motivations, which seems very selfish and very un-Jesus-like.

I am noting you seem to be very general in all of your postings lacking any credible details.  You seem as if you want to stir the pot and emotions.  Look, you insult, mock and ridicule but in the end you will have your answer.  It is not for me to convince you, you are presented with the gospel and if you choose not to accept what God has done on your behalf, my hands are clean on the day of judgement.  I would rather hope you would ask honest searching answers then to act as if you care when it's nothing more then a game.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - Apr 7th, 2017 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
Everyone is perfectly at liberty to behave as they wish so long as they do no harm to others except where that's necessary in order to stop others doing harm.

See how that doesn't restrict liberty except the liberty to do harm, nor does it impose any behaviour other than tolerance of others ' non-harmful actions?

The source? It's been said plenty because it's so obvious.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - Apr 8th, 2017 at 3:37am
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Apr 7th, 2017 at 8:05pm:
Everyone is perfectly at liberty to behave as they wish so long as they do no harm to others except where that's necessary in order to stop others doing harm.

That sounds like a sum up of Asimov's three laws of robotics.

Non sequitur:

The Hamster is at it Again wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - Apr 8th, 2017 at 3:43am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 7th, 2017 at 2:37pm:
...Look, you insult, mock and ridicule but in the end you will have your answer...

Always the same self-infatuated childish threat! It's getting old, you know.

Besides, you are at least as disrespectful and insulting as the people you keep accusing of being.

"Physician Heal thyself!"

That's in your bible. Maybe you could apply it to yourself sometimes.

Non sequitur:

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - Apr 8th, 2017 at 7:43am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Apr 8th, 2017 at 3:43am:
Always the same self-infatuated childish threat! It's getting old, you know.

Besides, you are at least as disrespectful and insulting as the people you keep accusing of being.

"Physician Heal thyself!"

That's in your bible. Maybe you could apply it to yourself sometimes.

A threat, so you are now acknowledging that there is a God?  If there is no God then all this is is a statement of fact.  Regarding being rude, I think you are being overly dramatic and extremely sensitive.  If discussions like these traumatize you then maybe this forum is too much for you.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #9 - Apr 8th, 2017 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 8th, 2017 at 7:43am:
A threat, so you are now acknowledging that there is a God?  If there is no God then all this is is a statement of fact.  Regarding being rude, I think you are being overly dramatic and extremely sensitive.  If discussions like these traumatize you then maybe this forum is too much for you.

As always you are incapable of getting the point and bullshitting your way through. Just because people make threats doesn't mean that there is anything real behind them. Anybody who knows about the internet is also acquainted with the kind of empty threats nitwits on boards like this, make all the time.

It only goes to show how desperate you are for validation if you keep seeing an acknowledgement of your presumptuous and arbitrary beliefs in absolutely everything that is said to you, no matter how far fetched!

As for your constant whining that people are being rude to you as I have shown many times over, it's not only tiresome, it's also hypocritical.

Try to read an acknowledgment of your god in that, wise guy!
« Last Edit: Apr 8th, 2017 at 12:57pm by BowHunter »  

Non sequitur:

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Where do I go to find the roots of liberal morality?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog