Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Where do I go to find the roots of liberal morality?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Where do I go to find the roots of liberal morality? (Read 4,081 times)
Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Where do I go to find the roots of liberal morality?
Reply #10 - Apr 8th, 2017 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
I do not have to defend him, it is up to you to decide whether or not you will accept him.  Personally, I never exert effort arguing with someone who does not wish to believe, you will discover in the end.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #11 - Apr 8th, 2017 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 8th, 2017 at 2:17pm:
I do not have to defend him, it is up to you to decide whether or not you will accept him.  Personally, I never exert effort arguing with someone who does not wish to believe, you will discover in the end.

You're tiresome.

Non sequitur:

The Hamster is at it Again wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #12 - Apr 8th, 2017 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Apr 8th, 2017 at 3:09pm:
You're tiresome.

Don't exert yourself.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #13 - Apr 8th, 2017 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Apr 8th, 2017 at 3:37am:
That sounds like a sum up of Asimov's three laws of robotics.

Smiley he was one of them pesky sci-fi writers with an agenda.

Robert Sheckley.

Poul Anderson

Joe Haldemann

Arthur C Clarke

Etc etc

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Muckster
LNF Senior Staffer1

Reply #14 - Apr 13th, 2017 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 7th, 2017 at 2:37pm:
I am noting you seem to be very general in all of your postings lacking any credible details.  You seem as if you want to stir the pot and emotions.  Look, you insult, mock and ridicule but in the end you will have your answer.  It is not for me to convince you, you are presented with the gospel and if you choose not to accept what God has done on your behalf, my hands are clean on the day of judgement.  I would rather hope you would ask honest searching answers then to act as if you care when it's nothing more then a game.
Blah blah blah, again you just seem too far gone to recognize Jesus the Man (not Jesus your Bible cartoon) as the ultimate Liberal! Free healthcare, free education, complete tolerance of all. Oh and I doubt Jesus went around like you wondering what god has done for you today, how clean your hands are - see what I mean - it's all about you you you. Selfish.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #15 - Apr 13th, 2017 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Muckster wrote on Apr 13th, 2017 at 1:56pm:
Blah blah blah, again you just seem too far gone to recognize Jesus the Man (not Jesus your Bible cartoon) as the ultimate Liberal! Free healthcare, free education, complete tolerance of all. Oh and I doubt Jesus went around like you wondering what god has done for you today, how clean your hands are - see what I mean - it's all about you you you. Selfish.

Your rants are very vague muckster.  How about getting to the heart of what concerns you.  Feel free to reprove me regarding scriptures since this is what our discussions are revolving around.  Finally, you are new here and you really do not know me.  You have never asked me about my views, where they originate or the basis of my faith.  What you have done is create a strawman argument based solely on your assumptions about a stranger you have no knowledge of.  You would do yourself a big favor by asking questions first to base your remarks on, if instead you are going to assume then there is no further need to have this discussion.  Tell me your understanding of Jesus Christ and where your knowledge of him originates from and then lets move from there.

To be honest, I am suspecting you simply wish to initiate a reaction out of me and others then have an honest debate, been on here too long to have not seen this before, in case you are not aware.  If that is your game, do not expect me to participate.  On the other hand, if you want an honest back and forth discussion minus assumptions, strawman arguments and name calling, then you can count me in.
« Last Edit: Apr 13th, 2017 at 4:13pm by Seawolf »  

IP Logged

Muckster
LNF Senior Staffer1

Reply #16 - Apr 14th, 2017 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
It's enough for me to know that your understanding of Jesus comes from "scripture", as if using that word makes it somehow sacred. The NT is nothing more than a hobbled together bunch of stories told, retold, mistold, a hundred times over then translated into old English then loosely interpreted by numerous preachers who themselves have hardly a clue what they're reading. Do you even know that there most likely were no people named "Mark", "Luke", and "David"? I think maybe you should stop pontificating here and learn a little about the real Jesus, not the cartoon you pretend to pray to. AND THEN, when you've learned a little, come back and try to berate Liberals about morality.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #17 - Apr 14th, 2017 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
Muckster wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 1:42pm:
It's enough for me to know that your understanding of Jesus comes from "scripture", as if using that word makes it somehow sacred. The NT is nothing more than a hobbled together bunch of stories told, retold, mistold, a hundred times over then translated into old English then loosely interpreted by numerous preachers who themselves have hardly a clue what they're reading. Do you even know that there most likely were no people named "Mark", "Luke", and "David"? I think maybe you should stop pontificating here and learn a little about the real Jesus, not the cartoon you pretend to pray to. AND THEN, when you've learned a little, come back and try to berate Liberals about morality.

You are babbling, cite some links or move on.

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Trolls exterminated while
you wait.

Reply #18 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 10:26am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 5:32pm:
You are babbling, cite some links or move on.

It's interesting that you ask for 'links' when you (and I) know that there is no link..  no evidence.. no words whatsoever .. that could bring you to question your Faith.. 

Again we see that there is nothing 'scientific' about the bible or belief therein .. Anytime critical thinking enters into the decision making process a true believer's Faith quickly puts it aside..

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #19 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 10:26am:
It's interesting that you ask for 'links' when you (and I) know that there is no link..  no evidence.. no words whatsoever .. that could bring you to question your Faith.. 

Again we see that there is nothing 'scientific' about the bible or belief therein .. Anytime critical thinking enters into the decision making process a true believer's Faith quickly puts it aside..

There is, but you dismiss it or try to marginalize, we have history supporting scripture and scripture supporting history but that too is dismissed.  Faith is a subject you are very familiar with because you have to have faith that life sprang out of nothing and accidently created a balanced environment, despite evidence to the contrary.  This is where you put aside your critical thinking and simply hope it's true.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Where do I go to find the roots of liberal morality?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog