Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Where do I go to find the roots of liberal morality?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Where do I go to find the roots of liberal morality? (Read 2,387 times)
Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Where do I go to find the roots of liberal morality?
Reply #30 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
Seawolf,  just because you believe something,  that doesn't make it true.

However much you believe it.

Same goes for t'other side, of course.

We both need to acknowledge the difference between "believe"  and "know".

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #31 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 6:19pm:
Seawolf,  just because you believe something,  that doesn't make it true.

However much you believe it.

Same goes for t'other side, of course.

We both need to acknowledge the difference between "believe"  and "know".

Just because you do not believe in a Creator does not make it so.  For all the questions posed at my faith very little discussion about the lack of science to support evolution.  Virtually no answer regarding how a simple cell evolves into a complex cell that eventually creates a species, something they can not provide to support evolution.  I agree we need to know the difference between "believe" and "know" regarding the theory of evolution, not JUST Christiananity.  I can prove a variety of historical facts such as the existence of Jesus.  History supports his existence which is critical to our faith.  Very few historians denies his existence.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Muckster
LNF Senior Staffer

Reply #32 - Jun 1st, 2017 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 12:12pm:
Just because you do not believe in a Creator does not make it so.  For all the questions posed at my faith very little discussion about the lack of science to support evolution.  Virtually no answer regarding how a simple cell evolves into a complex cell that eventually creates a species, something they can not provide to support evolution.  I agree we need to know the difference between "believe" and "know" regarding the theory of evolution, not JUST Christiananity.  I can prove a variety of historical facts such as the existence of Jesus.  History supports his existence which is critical to our faith.  Very few historians denies his existence.
Jesus existing says nothing about him being divine in any way. My guess is, of all the jewish preachers in his day, he was walking on a hot path once, there was that illusion of walking on water which any kid knows about nowadays, and someone said "He Walks on water, he's divine", and off we go. BTW, how do you know you're not insulting your god by not believing in evolution? How do you know She's not up there thinking, my goodness Evolution was one of my greatest inventions and these clowns are sitting around wasting brain power with this crap they call faith. Evolve already, use your brain for chrissake.

IP Logged

Capt. Obvious B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Bronze Swimming Certificate

Reply #33 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 12:27am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 25th, 2017 at 12:12pm:

Critical to your religion is faith, accepting the He existed on faith.  You also must accept that He died and was risen on faith.

If there was concrete evidence, there'd be no room for faith and your religion would lose it's magic, become mundane.

"Be Kind; Everyone You Meet is Fighting a Hard Battle" Plato

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #34 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 7:41am
Print Post  
Capt. Obvious B.S.C. wrote on Jun 8th, 2017 at 12:27am:
Critical to your religion is faith, accepting the He existed on faith.  You also must accept that He died and was risen on faith.

If there was concrete evidence, there'd be no room for faith and your religion would lose it's magic, become mundane.

Yet you have faith there is no God, an absolute statement that he can not exist which means you have absolute proof.  Now in all honesty you can not possibly have absolute proof.  the problem with your statement of faith is that you, more then I, must have faith that life created itself, that out of nothing, life created itself and evolved to who we are now.  I have found evidence of a man named Jesus Christ, both within the letters of the Apostles and outside by historians very close to the life of Christ.  In fact, I have far more evidence of his existence then you do of no God.  So when we talk about faith, you must have far more then I do because I have evidence of a Creator.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #35 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 7:42am
Print Post  
Muckster wrote on Jun 1st, 2017 at 6:46pm:
Jesus existing says nothing about him being divine in any way. My guess is, of all the jewish preachers in his day, he was walking on a hot path once, there was that illusion of walking on water which any kid knows about nowadays, and someone said "He Walks on water, he's divine", and off we go. BTW, how do you know you're not insulting your god by not believing in evolution? How do you know She's not up there thinking, my goodness Evolution was one of my greatest inventions and these clowns are sitting around wasting brain power with this crap they call faith. Evolve already, use your brain for chrissake.

So again, what is your faith, what religion, if any do you practice?  Seems you would prefer to run then discuss.

IP Logged

Capt. Obvious B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Reply #36 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 7:45am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jun 8th, 2017 at 7:41am:
Yet you have faith there is no God, an absolute statement that he can not exist which means you have absolute proof.  Now in all honesty you can not possibly have absolute proof.  the problem with your statement of faith is that you more then I must have faith that life created itself, that out of nothing, life created itself and evolved to who we are now.  I have found evidence of a man named Jesus Christ, both withing the letters of the Apostles and outside by historians very close to the life of Christ.  In fact, I have far more evidence of his existence then you do of no God.  So when we talk about faith, you must have far more then I do because I have evidence of a Creator.

You begin your argument with a problem.  It's not an act of faith to not believe in something.  I'm not asserting there is something there, I have no burden of proof. 

If you're asking me what I do believe however, than that is another question all together.   Wink

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #37 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 7:48am
Print Post  
Capt. Obvious B.S.C. wrote on Jun 8th, 2017 at 7:45am:
You begin your argument with a problem.  It's not an act of faith to not believe in something.  I'm not asserting there is something there, I have no burden of proof. 

If you're asking me what I do believe however, than that is another question all together.   Wink

I do not believe there is such a thing as a real atheist, agnostic, yes.  Again, no "atheist" can provide absolute proof of no God.   Smiley

IP Logged

Capt. Obvious B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Reply #38 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 8:02am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jun 8th, 2017 at 7:48am:
I do not believe there is such a thing as a real atheist, agnostic, yes.  Again, no "atheist" can provide absolute proof of no God.   Smiley

On a basic level, atheism isn't technically an active denial of God.  It simply means 'without God.' It could be anyone that's never been exposed to the idea of a god.  Babies are rightly described as atheist in this regard.  The boy raised by wolves would be another example. 

I've read much of the bible however and can not wrap my mind around the idea of your God, it's left me actively having to deny Him based on your descriptions. 

Go ahead, try me, again.  What is God?     Wink
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2017 at 8:16am by Capt. Obvious B.S.C. »  

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #39 - Jun 8th, 2017 at 8:55am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jun 8th, 2017 at 7:48am:

I don't believe you really believe in your crap. If you did, you'd lead an exemplary life, turning the other cheek and all that, after all what's life, even a long life compared to eternity? Why would you risk your eternity by vexing your god with your obnoxious behavior, so since your behavior is still obnoxious, that you even resort to lies or denial of the truth from time to time, the only conclusion that I can draw is that either on some level (maybe an unconscious one) you don't really believe in god or that he's the way you keep pretending that he is or that you are insane. I mean only an insane person or a really stupid one, would risk eternal damnation just to insult some unknown on the internet...

Of course the same goes triple for Jasmine who's advocating the mass murder of innocents...

Assuming god exists and is only slightly as vengeful as is said in your OT, she gonna spend eternity in hell, no question about it.

So no I don't believe you people really believe in god, in fact most so call believers I encounter every day are binos (believers in name only) you see them constantly breaking the divine laws they want every one else to abide by. Same thing, they are either hypocrites who don't believe in anything or they are insane. Maybe a little of both...

Being an honest Atheist doesn't seem so bad after all, now, does it? Wink 

Non sequitur:

Donkey Hoe Tay wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Where do I go to find the roots of liberal morality?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog