Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Where do I go to find the roots of liberal morality?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Where do I go to find the roots of liberal morality? (Read 4,772 times)
Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Where do I go to find the roots of liberal morality?
Reply #70 - Jun 13th, 2017 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Jun 13th, 2017 at 1:02pm:
You don't want to discuss either which makes your remark  extremely hypocritical, you keep telling people that they don't understand the context of scripture as if you were a great authority on it but you never expand on it.

Physician heal thyself!*

*FYI, that's from the bible.

Used by someone who does not believe in his Creator.  I already DID respond, and even explained and gave a link, you are looking for a fight.  Not in the mood so stay on topic or move on, last warning.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #71 - Jun 13th, 2017 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Jun 13th, 2017 at 1:02pm:
You don't want to discuss either which makes your remark  extremely hypocritical, you keep telling people that they don't understand the context of scripture as if you were a great authority on it but you never expand on it.

Physician heal thyself!*

*FYI, that's from the bible.

Actually,  it was already a proverb before the Bible verses containing it were written.

We may only have it because it was recorded there, so, yes, it's "from the Bible",  but it preceded the Bible.

I am interested in your view of the "little dog" story.

It would be possible to interpret it many ways. The most obvious (not usually the same as the most accurate) us as stated above, Jesus would have, like Jews around Him, sneered at members of other tribes.

Where do we go from there?

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #72 - Jun 13th, 2017 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Jun 13th, 2017 at 1:38pm:
Actually,  it was already a proverb before the Bible verses containing it were written.

We may only have it because it was recorded there, so, yes, it's "from the Bible",  but it preceded the Bible.

I am interested in your view of the "little dog" story.

It would be possible to interpret it many ways. The most obvious (not usually the same as the most accurate) us as stated above, Jesus would have, like Jews around Him, sneered at members of other tribes.

Where do we go from there?

I believe you're having me confused with RD. He's the one who can read ancient Greek and whatnot. I am just a dilettante.

Non sequitur:

The Wet Dreams of Mr Cousteau wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #73 - Jun 13th, 2017 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jun 13th, 2017 at 1:36pm:
Used by someone who does not believe in his Creator.  I already DID respond, and even explained and gave a link, you are looking for a fight.  Not in the mood so stay on topic or move on, last warning.

My belief or lack thereof in a creator is irrelevant to my understanding of the bible. I know a great deal more about Greek Mythology and don't need to believe in Zeus for that either.

You don't want to discuss anything. You keep insulting people by telling them that they don't know what they're talking about. That's your idea of debate. In fact I've never seen you debate anything. At most you'll copy and paste someone else's words but when it comes to your personal views all you're capable of doing is telling people that they are wrong or that "we'll have answers" after we're dead. That's not debate, that's bullshit.

As for your warnings. You don't warn people when you're guiltier than they are, which is what you are.

Non sequitur:

The Wet Dreams of Mr Cousteau wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #74 - Jun 13th, 2017 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Jun 13th, 2017 at 5:17pm:
My belief or lack thereof in a creator is irrelevant to my understanding of the bible. I know a great deal more about Greek Mythology and don't need to believe in Zeus for that either.

You don't want to discuss anything. You keep insulting people by telling them that they don't know what they're talking about. That's your idea of debate. In fact I've never seen you debate anything. At most you'll copy and paste someone else's words but when it comes to your personal views all you're capable of doing is telling people that they are wrong or that "we'll have answers" after we're dead. That's not debate, that's bullshit.

As for your warnings. You don't warn people when you're guiltier than they are, which is what you are.

Warnings are his go to debating skills for getting out of a corner.

the wis-dum of acrhie
"I am sure Trump is like me."
"There is no capitalism under Obama’s rule. He is a fu8&^ communist."

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #75 - Jun 13th, 2017 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Jun 13th, 2017 at 5:17pm:

It's very relevant and you have done absolutely nothing to discuss this topic.  You just keep pivoting.  I am more then willing to discusss, if you want to incite and combat, then by all means go to the political forum.  Why is it so difficult for you to have an actual discussion minus the insults and attacks?  Honest question.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Reply #76 - Jun 13th, 2017 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jun 13th, 2017 at 5:12am:
Then, as I have stated to you before, you do not understand the context of scripture.

I bring up the reference and explain the context.  You don't even know what the reference is to.  You actually manage to find it and can't explain the context.  I re-explain the passage to you.  But the problem is I don't understand context.  LMAO.  You clown.

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. Of course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #77 - Jun 13th, 2017 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Jun 13th, 2017 at 5:11pm:
I believe you're having me confused with RD. He's the one who can read ancient Greek and whatnot. I am just a dilettante.

I was simply contextualising the proverb, as pre-Bibical.

It wasn't aimed at anybody in particular.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #78 - Jun 13th, 2017 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Jun 13th, 2017 at 8:02pm:
I bring up the reference and explain the context.  You don't even know what the reference is to.  You actually manage to find it and can't explain the context.  I re-explain the passage to you.  But the problem is I don't understand context.  LMAO.  You clown.

I can't t explain the context or you refuse to accept the context and link I provided?  Interesting I spent time breaking it down and interpreting it and instead you are now reverting to juvenile behavior rather then simply pointing out why you disagree with my remarks.  When you spoke about the woman, you were vague with no scripture references, which goes a long way in the discussion.  I did not recognize it because the way you interpreted it is by no means how any of the Bible scholars would see it nor how I saw it.  Is there any hope of getting beyond the name calling?

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Reply #79 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jun 13th, 2017 at 9:47pm:
When you spoke about the woman, you were vague with no scripture references

Hilarious.  I went to put "syro phoenician woman" into Google, and Google auto-completed the search when I got to "syro ph".  How lazy are you?

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. Of course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Where do I go to find the roots of liberal morality?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog