Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEconomics, Financial News › Has a Slide Begun?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Has a Slide Begun? (Read 339 times)
Possumpoint
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Proud Member of the Doom
& Gloom Club

Has a Slide Begun?
Apr 7th, 2017 at 9:24am
Print Post  
Jobs report is in for March 2017 and 98,000 new hires are reported versus an expected 175-180 thousand. New files for unemployment benefits for March rose in mid-month but fell late in the month.

Be interesting to hear how Spicer spins this. Best guess, they will revert to blaming Obama.

Learn all you can, it's a one way trip.

IP Logged

Dying Breed
LNF Senior Staffer3

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Has a Slide Begun?
Reply #1 - Apr 7th, 2017 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
Possumpoint wrote on Apr 7th, 2017 at 9:24am:
Jobs report is in for March 2017 and 98,000 new hires are reported versus an expected 175-180 thousand. New files for unemployment benefits for March rose in mid-month but fell late in the month.

Be interesting to hear how Spicer spins this. Best guess, they will revert to blaming Obama.

Why would that be unfair to blame Obama in light of what I have read on the political forum where some are saying any improvement was due to Obama. The claim then was that he isn't in office long enough to be taking credit?

“There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who do not. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living.”---- José N. Harris

IP Logged

Possumpoint
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Proud Member of the Doom
& Gloom Club

Reply #2 - Apr 7th, 2017 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
Further investigation shows two different numbers being quoted for the month of March. ADP is claiming 263K jobs added yet the Breau of Labor Statics is stating 98k jobs added. One looks very good the other not. Which one to believe. Knowing how Trump is, he'll claim credit for the bigger one or blame Obama for the smaller one.

My opinion is Trump is yet to do anything but run his mouth in regards to affecting jobs. Blame Obama for nearly doubling the national debt in 8 years without job growth to show for it. Job growth and economic growth have been nearly stagnant. The biggest group of consumers have shrunk and therefore consumption has flatlined. Retail sales are in a tailspin.

Bottom line I've been trying to point out is that this debt based economy is about to implode.

IP Logged

Possumpoint
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Proud Member of the Doom
& Gloom Club

Reply #3 - Apr 27th, 2017 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
Since the beginning of March, I've had a feeling that the poo is hitting the fan. The economy is slowing down and nobody is talking about it. The Stock Market is still way up but it is a false indicator in that the excess money produced by the Fed is keeping that bubble inflated.

Heard today the Atlanta Fed announced that GDP dropped to 0.2%. from 0.5%. That loan arrears for credit cards, car loans, and mortgages have all increased. Retail sales are dropping.

With arrears increasing, lenders will tend to tighten credit and that will throttle what little growth will occur. Consumers are backing off on their spending and that indicates a further downturn.

IMHO now is the time to look carefully at what is happening and if things get as bad as 2008, who or what will bail things out then, the IMF? If so, how far down the road is it to implantation of a cashless society based on SDR's and NWO? How are we as Americans going to react at getting our financial marching orders from the IMF?

IP Logged

Possumpoint
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Proud Member of the Doom
& Gloom Club

Reply #4 - Apr 27th, 2017 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
Possumpoint wrote on Apr 27th, 2017 at 3:44pm:
Since the beginning of March, I've had a feeling that the poo is hitting the fan. The economy is slowing down and nobody is talking about it. The Stock Market is still way up but it is a false indicator in that the excess money produced by the Fed is keeping that bubble inflated.

Heard today the Atlanta Fed announced that GDP dropped to 0.2%. from 0.5%. That loan arrears for credit cards, car loans, and mortgages have all increased. Retail sales are dropping.

With arrears increasing, lenders will tend to tighten credit and that will throttle what little growth will occur. Consumers are backing off on their spending and that indicates a further downturn.

IMHO now is the time to look carefully at what is happening and if things get as bad as 2008, who or what will bail things out then, the IMF? If so, how far down the road is it to implantation of a cashless society based on SDR's and NWO? How are we as Americans going to react at getting our financial marching orders from the IMF?

Received some push back on the above. Posters feel that the tax cuts proposed by President Trump will generate enough economic growth to pay for themselves, i. e. revenue neutral and may even result in a reduction of the deficit spending by the Government.

As a born skeptic, I don't see this Congress being able to produce such a crafty instrument. I see the Government continuing to grow the more borrowing being made till the system collapses.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEconomics, Financial News › Has a Slide Begun?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog