Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump, In A 180-Degree Switch, Says NATO 'No Longer Obsolete'
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Trump, In A 180-Degree Switch, Says NATO 'No Longer Obsolete' (Read 2,286 times)
Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Re: Trump, In A 180-Degree Switch, Says NATO 'No Longer Obsolete'
Reply #50 - Apr 13th, 2017 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
Josie wrote on Apr 13th, 2017 at 4:30pm:
21st century wars are fought differently now, perhaps this why Trump saw NATO as obsolete?

Trump is changing his tune because he is allowing his generals to have more influence.  Absolutely nothing has changed on the European commitment to NATO or NATO's mission.  NATO isn't doing anything more than it already has been doing.  NATO saying it can do more is nothing more than saying "America can do more while everybody else kicks back".

He is once again backing down from another important campaign message.

Deny, Ignore, Evade, Distract, Place Blame Elsewhere!  Must defend the Trump Messiah!

But, but, but....but Hillary, but Lynch, but Obama, but Boosh, but Clinton!

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Majority Leader

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #51 - Apr 14th, 2017 at 7:12am
Print Post  
Archie wrote on Apr 12th, 2017 at 9:32pm:
That’s right. [highlight]They will pay their share,[/highlight] they will do their part in troubles around the world, or we won’t pay, and NATO is no more. And they know it, and are probably praying Hillary runs again.

Smiley

Is that a guarantee?  Or just a  fart in the wind vain words? Huh Huh Huh

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #52 - Apr 14th, 2017 at 11:08am
Print Post  

Josie wrote on Apr 13th, 2017 at 5:00pm:
Well I don't think NATO is obsolete, but I agree with the president that they could and should be doing more...

How much more? Sharing intelligence is all well good as it relates to identifying threats to NATO member states, but how much further do you think it should go?

Quote:
This is what NATO says their purpose is now...

See question above; how far should that extend beyond the defense of NATO member states?

IP Logged

Harry and company
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Too big to fail

Reply #53 - Apr 14th, 2017 at 11:17am
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 11:08am:
How much more? Sharing intelligence is all well good as it relates to identifying threats to NATO member states, but how much further do you think it should go?

See question above; how far should that extend beyond the defense of NATO member states?

They should actually defend NATO member states. Doing so includes the terrorist threat as well as providing an acceptable level, at this time defined as a certain level of GNP, to the common defense.

This is pretty simple.

NATO countries have recently committed, or recommitted, to doing both. Hense, Trump saying what he did.

Why do you deny that there is a reason he now says what he says when it is apparent?

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #54 - Apr 14th, 2017 at 11:39am
Print Post  

Harry and company wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 11:17am:
They should actually defend NATO member states. Doing so includes the terrorist threat as well as providing an acceptable level, at this time defined as a certain level of GNP, to the common defense.

Replying in generalities doesn't answer my question.

What does this defense include? Does it include NATO lead airstrikes like we saw in Libya? Is it continuing their operations in the Eastern Mediterranean? Or is it more about identifying threats and passing that information along to member states (their intelligence agencies, law enforcement agencies, etc.), which what this new effort is focused on improving?

IP Logged

Harry and company
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Too big to fail

Reply #55 - Apr 14th, 2017 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 11:39am:
Replying in generalities doesn't answer my question.

What does this defense include? Does it include NATO lead airstrikes like we saw in Libya? Is it continuing their operations in the Eastern Mediterranean? Or is it more about identifying threats and passing that information along to member states (their intelligence agencies, law enforcement agencies, etc.), which what this new effort is focused on improving?

You ask details of me when you post the opinions of others as your argument? This is funny.

State your argument, without links, and I'll be happy to reply.

I do believe I've already destroyed any argument you have, but I'm willing to play.

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #56 - Apr 14th, 2017 at 12:59pm
Print Post  

Harry and company wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 12:42pm:
You ask details of me when you post the opinions of others as your argument?

What "opinions of others" have I posted as my argument? I'm not even sure you know what my argument is, so this should be entertaining.

Also, you jumped into this conversation by responding to the question I asked Jose, so if you want to jump in be prepared to follow-up. Seems like you aren't.

Quote:
State your argument, without links, and I'll be happy to reply.

If you've been paying attention to this thread (big if), then you can probably follow along. I've asked why NATO was considered obsolete, and have stated that I don't think we should be expanding NATO's mission (btw, counter-terrorism has been part of NATO's mission for a while, so the question is how should NATO be used in the fight against terrorism - a question you didn't and still haven't answered).

Quote:
I do believe I've already destroyed any argument you have, but I'm willing to play.

Lulz. Ok.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Harry and company
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Too big to fail

Reply #57 - Apr 14th, 2017 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 12:59pm:
What "opinions of others" have I posted as my argument? I'm not even sure you know what my argument is, so this should be entertaining.

Also, you jumped into this conversation by responding to the question I asked Jose, so if you want to jump in be prepared to follow-up. Seems like you aren't.

If you've been paying attention to this thread (big if), then you can probably follow along. I've asked why NATO was considered obsolete, and have stated that I don't think we should be expanding NATO's mission (btw, counter-terrorism has been part of NATO's mission for a while, so the question is how should NATO be used in the fight against terrorism - a question you didn't and still haven't answered).

Lulz. Ok.  Roll Eyes

You posted some links. That's impressive. No one else is capable of doing that. As for the "I jumped into the Josie thing, " are you scared?

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #58 - Apr 14th, 2017 at 2:29pm
Print Post  

Harry and company wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 1:55pm:
You posted some links.

With sources supporting my position, yes (maybe try clicking and reading the links next time). That doesn't support your assertion that I have posted the opinions of others as my own argument.

Quote:
As for the "I jumped into the Josie thing, " are you scared?

Considering you won't actually engage in discussion, maybe you should be asking yourself that question.

IP Logged

Harry and company
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Too big to fail

Reply #59 - Apr 14th, 2017 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 2:29pm:
With sources supporting my position, yes (maybe try clicking and reading the links next time). That doesn't support your assertion that I have posted the opinions of others as my own argument.

Considering you won't actually engage in discussion, maybe you should be asking yourself that question.

Sources are only as good as the truth behind them.

I do believe I am discussing the matter. I've seen you use this tactic before when you have nowhere to go.

Let's discuss that.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump, In A 180-Degree Switch, Says NATO 'No Longer Obsolete'

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog