Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › - without secession is there a way for conservatives and liberals to separate?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) - without secession is there a way for conservatives and liberals to separate? (Read 2,477 times)
Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: - without secession is there a way for conservatives and liberals to separate?
Reply #20 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 7:23am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 7:18am:
Right... and with our "watered down " Americans it's just the norm...

I wonder if other amendments of the constitution were ever changed when it was written originally with" NO capitation or other direct tax shall be laid"

I thought No means No  and that is what NO means?

Depends on what IS is, right?  The founders warned us that when we strayed from God, our nation would not last.  It is based on Biblical principals that were meant to guide us and our nation that we now have completely abandoned.  They warned that this would ultimately be our demise and in all honesty, did not give it much hope of lasting simply because they clearly understood the nature of mankind, evident throughout history.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: - without secession is there a way for conservatives and liberals to separate?
Reply #21 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 7:25am
Print Post  
Remember, when asked what have you given us, Franklin said "a republic, if you can keep it."

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #22 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 7:30am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 7:25am:
Remember, when asked what have you given us, Franklin said "a republic, if you can keep it."

BINGO!

We're not a republic anymore

And if we're not a republic anymore than why do we keep participating in it?

Seems to me to , the only real way to change things is not to participate in it. You cannot fix a broken system within a broken system

It's as simple as that.

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #23 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 7:37am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 7:23am:
Depends on what IS is, right?  The founders warned us that when we strayed from God, our nation would not last.  It is based on Biblical principals that were meant to guide us and our nation that we now have completely abandoned.  They warned that this would ultimately be our demise and in all honesty, did not give it much hope of lasting simply because they clearly understood the nature of mankind, evident throughout history.

I believe it started much earlier with simply like in all things in regards to human nature . That is growing  apathy and being complacent  with what got us here in the first place, winning our independents etc..

This is what our founders really feared.

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #24 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 7:44am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 7:37am:
I believe it started much earlier with simply like in all things in regards to human nature . That is growing  apathy and being complacent  with what got us here in the first place, winning our independents etc..

I think they were well versed in Israel's demise from the blessing of God, man's nature is as old as mankind, it has never change and will never changed and the founders realized this.  The system they created was to hold in check man's abuse of power.  Anyway, good discussion, now time for work.  Hope you have a good day Luther.

IP Logged

Abe
Ex Member

Reply #25 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 7:47am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 7:37am:

People are not well informed and engaged.  Now some will say look at how many people vote.  True, but do they understand what they are voting for?

Today many vote based on one or two soundbytes that they hear and like...and that's their guy or gal when it comes to voting.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #26 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 9:44am
Print Post  
Capt. Lola B.S.C. wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 3:02am:
What, like Tennessee?

Nine of the 10 states that get the most federal dollars and pay the least... can you guess? That's right, they're red states. And 8 of the 10 states that receive the least and pay the most?  They're blue states.

Get a job conservative freeloaders.

They are waiting for the still mills and coal mines to reopen Wink

Definition of Stupid: 
Knowing the truth, seeing evidence of truth, but still believing the lie.

IP Logged

Walking in a Wally Wonderland
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #27 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 10:00am
Print Post  
I doubt that Conservatives and Liberals will ever "separate" or get along with one another.  However, although I am a dyed in the wool, rabid Conservative and proud of it, I accept the fact that Donald Trump is not!  I wanted an conservative Ideologue for President and thought this was necessary to counter the Marxist Indoctrination and movement towards Leftist Fascist Statism!  I have come to see the light!  This nation is so divided, we must incrementally CHANGE the nation back to the principles of the Constitutional Republic our Founders designed for us!

I am shocked and appalled at the depth of the gap between the two extremes and the obstruction, resistance and even insurrection caused by the defeat of the Marxist replacement for the Marxist ex-President!

Trump has moved his government to the extreme right, to counter the extreme leftist Deep State, established over the last eight years.  He is now pivoting towards the middle and I think this is a necessary step to try to bring together the American people.  (Hopefully, by the midterms, the Democrat Party will implode and we will no longer be a 50/50% nation; the only way to do this is to try to recruit anyone who place American Exceptionalism over their blind support to their party.  These used to be called Reagan Democrats)

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #28 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 10:05am
Print Post  
Walking in a Wally Wonderland wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 10:00am:
I doubt that Conservatives and Liberals will ever "separate" or get along with one another.  However, although I am a dyed in the wool, rabid Conservative and proud of it, I accept the fact that Donald Trump is not!  I wanted an conservative Ideologue for President and thought this was necessary to counter the Marxist Indoctrination and movement towards Leftist Fascist Statism!  I have come to see the light!  This nation is so divided, we must incrementally CHANGE the nation back to the principles of the Constitutional Republic our Founders designed for us!

I am shocked and appalled at the depth of the gap between the two extremes and the obstruction, resistance and even insurrection caused by the defeat of the Marxist replacement for the Marxist ex-President!

Trump has moved his government to the extreme right, to counter the extreme leftist Deep State, established over the last eight years.  He is now pivoting towards the middle and I think this is a necessary step to try to bring together the American people.  (Hopefully, by the midterms, the Democrat Party will implode and we will no longer be a 50/50% nation; the only way to do this is to try to recruit anyone who place American Exceptionalism over their blind support to their party.  These used to be called Reagan Democrats)

When more than 50% of the nation voted for Hillary, I really doubt that the Democratic party will implode.  The problem with this country is that the right is not willing to compromise.  it is either their way or the highway.  If anything, trump has helped energize the democrats.  The protests and the town hall meetings is evidence of that.

Definition of Stupid: 
Knowing the truth, seeing evidence of truth, but still believing the lie.

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #29 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 10:06am
Print Post  
The two-party duopoly has effectively wedged out actual liberalism and conservatism.  I'd say most normal voting Americans fall under the broad category of fiscally-conservative and socially-liberal.  Neither party represents that, and no conservative-liberal split would either.

Instead, vested interests continue to gin up controversy over select wedge issues while fundamental policies designed to perpetuate kleptocracy go undebated.  And all the while, the American public is continuously and urgently advised to avoid "intelligence" and "curiosity", and stick with feel-good platitudes and party labels, to maximize their pliability.

Nominated for 2016...
- Liberal of the Year
- Conservative of the Year
- Centrist of the Year

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › - without secession is there a way for conservatives and liberals to separate?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules