Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Rasmussen Reports Daily Presidential Tracking Poll
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Rasmussen Reports Daily Presidential Tracking Poll (Read 708 times)
Abe
Ex Member

Rasmussen Reports Daily Presidential Tracking Poll
Apr 17th, 2017 at 11:24am
Print Post  
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows that 50% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Fifty percent (50%) disapprove.

This is the first time the president’s overall approval rating has been back in the 50s in nearly a month. Just after his inauguration, Trump’s job approval peaked at 59% and remained in the 50s every day until early March. It’s gone as low as 42% since then.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/pre...

Inevitably one of our friends on the left will point this out so let's get it out there as well.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/oba...

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Re: Rasmussen Reports Daily Presidential Tracking Poll
Reply #1 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 11:45am
Print Post  
RCP's average of several polls is a better guide than Rasmussen (though Rasmussen is not bad).  They have Trump's post-bombing bump up 2 points to 42.

Nominated for 2016...
- Liberal of the Year
- Conservative of the Year
- Centrist of the Year

IP Logged

Cliffs
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 4:23pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #3 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
Americans have been sick of Obama's "Leading from Behind" apologizing and our getting taken advantage of by every tin pot Dictator in the 3rd world!

Americans may be split on what to do with humanitarian efforts, but there is a far broader consensus in support of the proven concept of achieving Peace through Strength!  Appeasement and the perception of weakness only encourages bad behavior of our enemies.  It's a common lesson of history, as well of anyone who's had to contend with the bullies in the schoolyard.

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Cliffs
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 7:13am
Print Post  
How many tin pot dictators took advantage of Obama, with examples, please?

I know after my 23 years of service I sure as hell don't want any more wars, especially UNDECLARED wars where the USA was the invader.

We are not the world police force. If the current administration wants to keep going on that track, then perhaps they should start their own organization akin the UN but with the USA has the head of this organization.
Then they can send out their forces once they have the payment for said services in the bank.
Call it The Guardians of the Galaxy or some such nonsense.

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #5 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 8:06am
Print Post  
As some of you know, I don't trust polls because they can be manipulated.  The people who were questioned, were there vastly more dems than reps?  There are more dems than reps registered but not "vastly" (or bigly, if you prefer). What were the actual questions asked?
What percentage Independents questioned?

I have learned over the years that Rasmussen usually did a pretty accurate polling method.

I still don't think it's a good way to make decisions, though.
Remember "Dewey Wins""  Remember Hillary was 'supposed to win ' until the Electoral College actually voted?  Didn't happen, either time.

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #6 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 10:07am
Print Post  
Polls are by definition approximations.  To poll properly, there is a fair amount of rigorous statistical analysis to do, and a fair amount of language cleansing in order to subdue implicit bias on the part of the pollster.

Rasmussen is a good poll.  They are right-leaning, which shows up in their results, but they are consistent from one poll to the next and they do their math right.

There are other good polls.  All come with margins of error due to sample size.  That's why poll-averages are good.  The statistical errors average each other out if you blend several polls together, and you get a line that is consistent over time.  RCP is great that way.  And the Trump approval poll is generally free of language bias -- it's a daily poll and gets used by all the major pollsters daily.  So if ever there is truth in polling, it's there.

Nominated for 2016...
- Liberal of the Year
- Centrist of the Year

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #7 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 11:21am
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 10:07am:
Polls are by definition approximations.  To poll properly, there is a fair amount of rigorous statistical analysis to do, and a fair amount of language cleansing in order to subdue implicit bias on the part of the pollster.

Rasmussen is a good poll.  They are right-leaning, which shows up in their results, but they are consistent from one poll to the next and they do their math right.

There are other good polls.  All come with margins of error due to sample size.  That's why poll-averages are good.  The statistical errors average each other out if you blend several polls together, and you get a line that is consistent over time.  RCP is great that way.  And the Trump approval poll is generally free of language bias -- it's a daily poll and gets used by all the major pollsters daily.  So if ever there is truth in polling, it's there.

Did RCP predict that hil's was going to win the Presidency?

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #8 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 11:49am
Print Post  
I don't know, but I do know that the polling in those 3 swing states had shifted so dramatically, and had enough reliability, that the Clinton team went into emergency panic mode at the end of the campaign.  Politicians and their staffs do place value in polling, even if you don't.

And I'm fairly certain that Trump and his team are watching polls like RCP on a daily basis.

Nominated for 2016...
- Liberal of the Year
- Centrist of the Year

IP Logged

admin
LNF Administrator

To contact Admin send
a PM

Reply #9 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 11:59am
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 11:49am:
I don't know, but I do know that the polling in those 3 swing states had shifted so dramatically, and had enough reliability, that the Clinton team went into emergency panic mode at the end of the campaign.  Politicians and their staffs do place value in polling, even if you don't.

And I'm fairly certain that Trump and his team are watching polls like RCP on a daily basis.
- you're right- Hillary went to Michigan late so she had to have a poll there showing it close

Welcome to the Liberty News Forum - News and Political Discussion Forum.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Rasmussen Reports Daily Presidential Tracking Poll

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog