Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Democrats Have Forgotten How To Win
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Democrats Have Forgotten How To Win (Read 675 times)
glen65
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Re: Democrats Have Forgotten How To Win
Reply #30 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 12:12pm:
It certainly worked well enough for the republicans...

Yes they did such a wonderful job stopping Obama's agenda.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #31 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
glen65 wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 2:13pm:

Sure did.  It must be fun to cut off your nose to spite your face.

"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
H. L. Mencken, July 26, 1920

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Trolls exterminated while
you wait.

Reply #32 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Possibly Logical wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 2:10pm:
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Not nearly enough  Grins  plus you might want to throw in a few  Smiley .. But even that won't be enough for such a stupid statement ..

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #33 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 2:06pm:
That is a true statement.  That is why it will never work in the U.S. and no political party in the country is Marxist or Fascist.

Well, that is something we can agree on!  This will never work in America!  That is why it is so unbelievable naive of so many on the left to be taken in by the very same garbage that Marxist have been spreading since the writing of the Communist Manifesto.

I read (studied) Marx in college in the 1970's and the learning theory was always expressed along the lines of Kennedy's statement; "some see things the way they are and ask why; while some see things the way they ought to be and ask why not"!    All that's changed since I was in school seems to be the intolerance for diverse opinions and the demand for strict political correctness!

When News Anchors like Chirs Cuomo go to Communist Cuba wearing a Che shirt and condemn America while praising the Castro Brothers, one can see that many on the left do not agree with you that this sort of government can not exist in America!

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

glen65
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #34 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 2:16pm:

No, the GOP was pretty much worthless in that respect.
The republicans would be scared to death of a government shutdown.
Threats of such a thing would send the republicans off hiding and so much for their opposition.
But I suspect you already know this as well anyway. 

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #35 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
The Original Wally wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 2:23pm:
Well, that is something we can agree on!  This will never work in America!  That is why it is so unbelievable naive of so many on the left to be taken in by the very same garbage that Marxist have been spreading since the writing of the Communist Manifesto.

I read (studied) Marx in college in the 1970's and the learning theory was always expressed along the lines of Kennedy's statement; "some see things the way they are and ask why; while some see things the way they ought to be and ask why not"!    All that's changed since I was in school seems to be the intolerance for diverse opinions and the demand for strict political correctness!

When News Anchors like Chirs Cuomo go to Communist Cuba wearing a Che shirt and condemn America while praising the Castro Brothers, one can see that many on the left do not agree with you that this sort of government can not exist in America!

No one I know is in agreement with Marxism.  I have no clue about anything that Chris Como did, but we have a president that praises Putin.  That does not mean Our government will be like Russia.

"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
H. L. Mencken, July 26, 1920

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #36 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
glen65 wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 2:39pm:
No, the GOP was pretty much worthless in that respect.
The republicans would be scared to death of a government shutdown.
Threats of such a thing would send the republicans off hiding and so much for their opposition.
But I suspect you already know this as well anyway. 

Yep, Donald Trump revealed just how cowardly the GOP had become.  It was like the beaten dog syndrome; The media kept beating them dogs so long that they forgot how to hunt! Some of them are Good Old Boys, but they had been conditioned like Pavlov's Dogs to behave in a certain way whenever the media rang their bell!  Trump has changed that and I believe we will see (some) of them develop a spine.  (or we will see the GOP wither away and a stronger third party emerge)  The times they are a'changin!  Wink

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Abe
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 2:18pm:
Not nearly enough  Grins  plus you might want to throw in a few  Smiley .. But even that won't be enough for such a stupid statement ..

Look the board idiot has someone agreeing with him but can neither can actually find words to refute anything. I said it and even I can think of a few exceptions.  Can you or is this Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin it? Roll Eyes 

Proving once again that Fiddler never can go beyond one post with anything of substance.

Here let me help you with one you might have thought (no pun intended) to use...redistricting.
« Last Edit: Apr 17th, 2017 at 3:17pm by »  

IP Logged

Abe
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
glen65 wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 2:13pm:

Give a few examples.  This usually ends Wadsworth's participation...asking for proof of what he says.

IP Logged

Abe
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Apr 17th, 2017 at 2:16pm:

As much as it pains me to agree with glen, what did the republicans stop Obama on? 

When glen is right, he's right.

I guess by your logic if the republicans stopped everything Obama tried to do and were successful according to you...then I guess he wasn't a very effective president after all. Lost of failure due to Republicans. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Democrats Have Forgotten How To Win

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog