Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Professor Predicted Trump's Win, Now Predicts Impeachment
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Professor Predicted Trump's Win, Now Predicts Impeachment (Read 1,318 times)
Nazi Hunter B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Bronze Swimming Certificate

Re: Professor Predicts Trump's Win, Now Predicts Impeachment
Reply #10 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
If you believe the lame stream media.   Roll Eyes

"Be Kind; Everyone You Meet is Fighting a Hard Battle" Plato

IP Logged

Nazi Hunter B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Reply #11 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
Do You Eat Carrots wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 7:27pm:
The last straw has been grasped.

How so?  Just reporting on an article about Professor Lichtman and also pointing out that I'd like to see Trump serve a full term.  Seeing him impeached would only benefit the conservative wing in fact, you should be rooting for impeachment, ironically enough.

IP Logged

Nazi Hunter B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Re: Professor Predicted Trump's Win, Now Predicts Impeachment
Reply #12 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 3:15pm
Print Post  

Lichtman’s list of possible offenses that could get Trump to that point(impeachment) are familiar: charges of treason with Russia, abuse of power and emoluments violations. Lichtman also cites now-Attorney General Jeff Sessions, then a senator, who argued that a president could be impeached for offenses committed before he took office. Among those potential offenses, Lichtman lists Trump’s housing violations, charity problems, potential violations of the Cuba embargo and Trump University.

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #13 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
That's just more PET (post-election trauma) acted out by the libs.  It's libs who cannot deal with the fact that their reality has been crushed, and they try to keep it alive by this endless chatter among themselves.  It's basically a mental health problem.  That it's gone on for almost half a year is beginning to get a little scary.
« Last Edit: Apr 21st, 2017 at 3:22am by patrick2 »  

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF Party Leader

Reply #14 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
um the "good" professor stated that 1 in 14 presidents have been impeached. now I'm not a professor but DJT is the 45th, or the 44th depending on how you count Cleveland, & only 2 have been impeached, Jackson & Clinton, & from the math I learned, in school, that is no where near 1 in 14.

but hey I'm sure that everything else he says is accurate

« Last Edit: Apr 20th, 2017 at 8:30pm by USyeah »  

IP Logged

Nazi Hunter B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Reply #15 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
USyeah wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 8:22pm:
um the "good" professor stated that "1 out of every 14 presidents have been impeached" now I'm not a professor but DJT is the 45th, or the 44th depending on how you count Cleveland, & only 2 have been impeached, Jackson & Clinton, & from the math I learned, in school, that is no where near 1 of every 14.

but hey I'm sure that everything else he says is accurate

They tried to impeach Clinton too.  I think he meant an attempt at impeachment was made about 1 in 14 presidents.  Some of them resign first ala Nixon(which he mentions in the article).  He didn't say they were successfully impeached. 

Try cherry picking another sentence and try again.   Smiley

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF Party Leader

Reply #16 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
Nazi Hunter B.S.C. wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 8:31pm:
They tried to impeach Clinton too.  I think he meant an attempt at impeachment was made about 1 in 14 presidents.  Some of them resign first ala Nixon(which he mentions in the article).  He didn't say they were successfully impeached. 

Try cherry picking another sentence and try again.   Smiley

BREAKING NEWS : "After nearly 14 hours of debate, the House of Representatives approves two articles of impeachment against President Bill Clinton, charging him with lying under oath to a federal grand jury and obstructing justice. Clinton, the second president in American history to be impeached, vowed to finish his term."
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/president-clinton-impeached

IP Logged

Do You Eat Carrots
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Never kiss a gibbon on
the mouth

Reply #17 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
Let them have their dreams.

IP Logged

Nazi Hunter B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Reply #18 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
USyeah wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 8:58pm:
BREAKING NEWS : "After nearly 14 hours of debate, the House of Representatives approves two articles of impeachment against President Bill Clinton, charging him with lying under oath to a federal grand jury and obstructing justice. Clinton, the second president in American history to be impeached, vowed to finish his term."
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/president-clinton-impeached

And they didn't get Clinton either, he was acquitted remember?  Hell, they couldn't even get Nixon before he resigned.

I'll stand by the good professor when he says 1 in 14 had the articles of impeachment brought forth.

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF Party Leader

Reply #19 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
Nazi Hunter B.S.C. wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 9:06pm:
And they didn't get Clinton either, he was acquitted remember?  Hell, they couldn't even get Nixon before he resigned.

I'll stand by the good professor when he says 1 in 14 had the articles of impeachment brought forth.

Johnson & Clinton are THE ONLY TWO PRESIDENTS THAT HAVE BEEN IMPEACHED.

here's a helpful bit of info incase you are confused about what impeachment is.

"At the federal level, the impeachment process is a two-step procedure. The House of Representatives must first pass, by a simple majority of those present and voting, articles of impeachment, which constitute the formal allegation or allegations. Upon passage, the defendant has been "impeached".  Next, the Senate tries the accused. In the case of the impeachment of a president, the Chief Justice of the United States presides over the proceedings. For the impeachment of any other official, the Constitution is silent on who shall preside, suggesting that this role falls to the Senate's usual presiding officer. This may include the impeachment of the vice president, although legal theories suggest that allowing a defendant to be the judge in his own case would be a blatant conflict of interest. If the Vice President did not preside over an impeachment (of anyone besides the President), the duties would fall to the President pro tempore of the Senate.

To convict the accused, a two-thirds majority of the senators present is required. Conviction removes the defendant from office. Following conviction, the Senate may vote to further punish the individual by barring him or her from holding future federal office, elected or appointed. Conviction by the Senate does not bar criminal prosecution. Even after an accused has left office, it is possible to disqualify the person from future office or from certain emoluments of his prior office (such as a pension). If there is no charge for which a two-thirds majority of the senators present vote "guilty", the defendant is acquitted and no punishment is imposed."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment#United_States

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Professor Predicted Trump's Win, Now Predicts Impeachment

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog