Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump sending two more carriers to join Carl Vinson Carrier Strike Group
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Trump sending two more carriers to join Carl Vinson Carrier Strike Group (Read 1,763 times)
forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Re: Trump sending two more carriers to join Carl Vinson Carrier Strike Group
Reply #30 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 4:43pm:
The anyone is our country, that is too late for us to respond.  You can not garantee to the citizens of this nation that we can absolutely shoot any and every missle he shoots out of the air.  That is insane, we are in a pickle to say the least but waiting till he shoots with dire consequences is pure insanity.

You can't guarantee that anyway.  Pakistan has the bomb -- the country that harbored bin laden for years.  They don't have missiles, but as I've pointed out before they don't need them.  Furthermore, the rogue elements within Pakistan who would be willing to use them are unencumbered by fear of retaliation -- a martyr's death suits them fine.

So why pre-emptively attack NK and not Pak?

And I remember the same "wipe em all out first" thought process was prevalent in Iraq.  We easily won that war but distinctly lost the peace along with a cool $2T.

And if you're talking about a pre-emptive attack without Chinese clearance, you're talking about a hot world war.  Bigly.

I'm really hoping cooler heads prevail here.

Nominated for 2016...
- Liberal of the Year
- Conservative of the Year
- Centrist of the Year

IP Logged

Mojo-Jojo
LNF Representative

The hobo fohmally known
as Jojo is no mo'.

Reply #31 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 4:43pm:
The anyone is our country, that is too late for us to respond.  You can not garantee to the citizens of this nation that we can absolutely shoot any and every missle he shoots out of the air.  That is insane, we are in a pickle to say the least but waiting till he shoots with dire consequences is pure insanity.

So, we should probably preempt Russia, the PRC, India, Pakistan and anyone else with the potential to strike us first?

The UK, France and Israel could potentially nuke us too so we should add them to our list.

I know, some here have itchy trigger fingers, but I always hesitate when it comes to cheering on violence (except for MMA of course, but combat sport is still sport) due to the fact that there's no backing down once combat has initiated. Wars become self-sustaining and the mission creeps.

Until he strikes, brinkmanship diplomacy is our only course short of war. Let me put it this way, We both lived under the very real possibility of nuclear holocaust up until the collapse of the USSR. During that time had we acted towards the USSR as we are NK, we'd all be dead. Time has a strange way of changing things. I'll stick to patience.

For too long have we sat under the thumb of mankind! The time has come to *oppose* that thumb!

A nothing burger!

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #32 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 4:55pm:
You can't guarantee that anyway.  Pakistan has the bomb -- the country that harbored bin laden for years.  They don't have missiles, but as I've pointed out before they don't need them.  Furthermore, the rogue elements within Pakistan who would be willing to use them are unencumbered by fear of retaliation -- a martyr's death suits them fine.

So why pre-emptively attack NK and not Pak?

And I remember the same "wipe em all out first" thought process was prevalent in Iraq.  We easily won that war but distinctly lost the peace along with a cool $2T.

And if you're talking about a pre-emptive attack without Chinese clearance, you're talking about a hot world war.  Bigly.

I'm really hoping cooler heads prevail here.

I agree that I hope cooler heads prevail but all of this rest solely on Kim.  Yet you can not wait to be shot to respond, there is no garunteee you will survive the shooting, that is not what this was originally about.  We went the route of enbargoes, diplomacy, payments and every one of these approaches failed us to prevent him from having nukes, so now we moved the goal posts to an insane strategy of waiting till we are shot.  That is not a rational approach to this and it moves the red line.  Unfortunately we now must show resolve and hope he understands that he has little hope of surviving if he continues down this suicidal appoach. This is not a rational man we are dealing with.  His father would go into hiding whenever he perceived a threat, this guy is telling us he still intends to nuke us.  There is nothing rational about this guy as you and I Understand.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #33 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
Mojo-Jojo wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 4:57pm:
So, we should probably preempt Russia, the PRC, India, Pakistan and anyone else with the potential to strike us first?

The UK, France and Israel could potentially nuke us too so we should add them to our list.

I know, some here have itchy trigger fingers, but I always hesitate when it comes to cheering on violence (except for MMA of course, but combat sport is still sport) due to the fact that there's no backing down once combat has initiated. Wars become self-sustaining and the mission creeps.

Until he strikes, brinkmanship diplomacy is our only course short of war. Let me put it this way, We both lived under the very real possibility of nuclear holocaust up until the collapse of the USSR. During that time had we acted towards the USSR as we are NK, we'd all be dead. Time has a strange way of changing things. I'll stick to patience.

Patience!?  This is not a new crisis, this has been going on for decades and the goal was to PREVENT them from obtaining nukes by using your logic and it utterly failed.  Not sure what else we can do diplomatically that has not already been tried.  They are not Pakistan and no one has an itchy finger, we have demonstrated extreme patience, we no longer have any more room to allow them short of us being shot with nukes.  This man is by no means rational, so short of this act there are no other options but the threat of overwhelming force and pray he takes the threat seriously.  They are not Iraq, they are not Pakistan and they have openly told us they intend to destroy us and an ICBM validates our concern.  No one wants war and NOBODY wants to be on the receiving end of a nuke.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #34 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 5:13pm:
I agree that I hope cooler heads prevail but all of this rest solely on Kim.  Yet you can not wait to be shot to respond, there is no garunteee you will survive the shooting, that is not what this was originally about.  We went the route of enbargoes, diplomacy, payments and every one of these approaches failed us to prevent him from having nukes, so now we moved the goal posts to an insane strategy of waiting till we are shot.  That is not a rational approach to this and it moves the red line.  Unfortunately we now must show resolve and hope he understands that he has little hope of surviving if he continues down this suicidal appoach. This is not a rational man we are dealing with.  His father would go into hiding whenever he perceived a threat, this guy is telling us he still intends to nuke us.  There is nothing rational about this guy as you and I Understand.

China is the key to a positive outcome. As we've seen, Kim is dumb enough to ignore Chinas warnings.

Russia and China knows and has told Kim the US will crush you one on one.

And I don't Trust Russia. They'll always take the side of who's against us.
They're Allies with NK and Iran. Like that doesn't say something.

Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, when I was dead broke I couldn't picture this.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #35 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
JohnnyBgood wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 5:27pm:
China is the key to a positive outcome. As we've seen, Kim is dumb enough to ignore Chinas warnings.

You are right, China is the key to all of this so I am hoping they can scare the crap out of this guy and reverse his intent.

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #36 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
JohnnyBgood wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 5:27pm:

I agree with you about Russia; Putin is a Spy Master and an Cold Warrior of the Soviet Union.  He was a KGB Thug in Germany before the Berlin Wall came down and if you are family with the Stasi (East German Secret Police), as bad as they were, they took their orders through the Kremlin via the KGB.  (It's not for nothing that Putin's a Black Belt Martial Artist and weapons expert).  Putin wants to restore Russia power to that of the former Soviet Union and expand the Russian empire.  All that really stands in the way is the United States (and NATO).

Most of China's 1.3 Billion people live under a Marxist Dictatorship. Many fewer are engaged in their croany capitalism, which is a means to an end.  They will never become a free, democratic republic.  But for now, they are not as meanacing as Russia.

FatBoy is just a Jim Jones type Cult Leader.  This makes him unpredictable and very dangerous.  China could control his Daddy and Grandpa, but this guy's a loose cannon with nukes and developing ICBM's.  We are still technically at war with N. Korea, by the way. The Armistice which ended the Korean War was no more than a cease fire and an abandonment of S. Korea by the UN.

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #37 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
The Original Wally wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 5:43pm:
I agree with you about Russia; Putin is a Spy Master and an Cold Warrior of the Soviet Union.  He was a KGB Thug in Germany before the Berlin Wall came down and if you are family with the Stasi (East German Secret Police), as bad as they were, they took their orders through the Kremlin via the KGB.  (It's not for nothing that Putin's a Black Belt Martial Artist and weapons expert).  Putin wants to restore Russia power to that of the former Soviet Union and expand the Russian empire.  All that really stands in the way is the United States (and NATO).

Most of China's 1.3 Billion people live under a Marxist Dictatorship. Many fewer are engaged in their croany capitalism, which is a means to an end.  They will never become a free, democratic republic.  But for now, they are not as meanacing as Russia.

FatBoy is just a Jim Jones type Cult Leader.  This makes him unpredictable and very dangerous.  China could control his Daddy and Grandpa, but this guy's a loose cannon with nukes and developing ICBM's.  We are still technically at war with N. Korea, by the way. The Armistice which ended the Korean War was no more than a cease fire and an abandonment of S. Korea by the UN.

Very few people know we are still officially in a state of war with NK.

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #38 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 5:48pm:
Very few people know we are still officially in a state of war with NK.

It just occurred to me that this means Trump doesn't need to go to congress to resume hostilities, since FatBoy has multiple breaches of the agreement and it is in our self defense!  Congress has kicked this can around for so many decades that I'm sure both sides of the aisle in both Houses are well aware of the President's authorization

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #39 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 5:43pm:
You are right, China is the key to all of this so I am hoping they can scare the crap out of this guy and reverse his intent.

Not as long as Putin keeps rubbing his soldiers.
But I think Kim is dumb enough to turn his back and ignore China.

Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, when I was dead broke I couldn't picture this.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump sending two more carriers to join Carl Vinson Carrier Strike Group

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog