Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump sending two more carriers to join Carl Vinson Carrier Strike Group
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Trump sending two more carriers to join Carl Vinson Carrier Strike Group (Read 818 times)
Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Trump sending two more carriers to join Carl Vinson Carrier Strike Group
Reply #40 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
JohnnyBgood wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 5:54pm:
Not as long as Putin keeps rubbing his soldiers.
But I think Kim is dumb enough to turn his back and ignore China.

That would be a very grave mistake on his part.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #41 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
The Original Wally wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 5:43pm:
I agree with you about Russia; Putin is a Spy Master and an Cold Warrior of the Soviet Union.  He was a KGB Thug in Germany before the Berlin Wall came down and if you are family with the Stasi (East German Secret Police), as bad as they were, they took their orders through the Kremlin via the KGB.  (It's not for nothing that Putin's a Black Belt Martial Artist and weapons expert).  Putin wants to restore Russia power to that of the former Soviet Union and expand the Russian empire.  All that really stands in the way is the United States (and NATO).

Most of China's 1.3 Billion people live under a Marxist Dictatorship. Many fewer are engaged in their croany capitalism, which is a means to an end.  They will never become a free, democratic republic.  But for now, they are not as meanacing as Russia.

FatBoy is just a Jim Jones type Cult Leader.  This makes him unpredictable and very dangerous.  China could control his Daddy and Grandpa, but this guy's a loose cannon with nukes and developing ICBM's.  We are still technically at war with N. Korea, by the way. The Armistice which ended the Korean War was no more than a cease fire and an abandonment of S. Korea by the UN.

No China won't become a free republic, but they're a country that can come to positive terms with others if they try. They're annoying other Asian countries right now but they can be reasoned with.
Russia? No, no and no

IP Logged

Capt. Obvious B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Bronze Swimming Certificate

Reply #42 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 1:36pm:
But nuclear weapons in the hands of a dictator threatening to destroy us does not!?  Liberal logic never makes any sense to the rational mind. 

Must also remember, most of Kim's bluster is intended for internal consumption and previous administrations knew that.  He's got to talk tough, pretend they are under seige in order to justify his military first policy and his grip on power.

Have to wonder how much of Trump's rhetoric is for internal consumption over here.  Apparently he (Trump) isn't entirely sure where our Navy assets are, but it sounds good to tell us he sent them to the trouble zone even though they were playing with Australians or whatever.

"Be Kind; Everyone You Meet is Fighting a Hard Battle" Plato

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #43 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
The chubby micro - Stalin in NK may or may not be a lunatic but consider this.

1. The crew in charge there are on a good thing, well,  by comparison with most north Koreans.

2. They know, too, that if NK changes towards any state of international normalcy, their crimes may well catch up with them.

3. No senior military person would entertain a fantasy about actually winning a war versus SK and the US, plus some nominal UN support no doubt.

4. Therefore,  if Kim's finger moves too close towards the trigger,  he will be removed.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #44 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
Assassinate the rolly-polly kink.

"Diamonds are forever...and so are the Four Horsewomen!"

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #45 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 7:58pm:

That actually is not a bad idea.  As the United States continues to apply pressure with the threat of military force, China is no doubt working their internal connections inside their proxy state.  They had a replacement all lined out until Kim Jung Un had his brother murdered.  He was under China's protection, but foolishly had gone abroad; Fatal error!

Kim Jung Un  has continually killed off anyone he's suspected of not being loyal, but there may be those in his government and military who would rather negotiate peace, rather than be wiped off the map!

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Goose
LNF Representative3

There is no Try...Only
Do or Do Not

Reply #46 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
I am going to give you guys the ONLY answer to the North Korean problem that will work, guaranteed.

Broker a deal with China allowing South Korea to unify the peninsula, with US and Chinese assistance if necessary.

Brokering such a deal with China would not be such a long shot gambit either.  Anyone who thinks that China is happy with the North Koreans is dead wrong.  They are in fact embarrassed and would like nothing more than a face saving end to the problem.

As part of the deal, you make the border with China a true demilitarized zone.  Offer favorable trade between China and the newly united Korea.  Korea's population will grow by 50% overnight.  There will be a ready supply of labor, land and in fact favorable mineral deposits that will spur the Korean economy creating a new generation of consumers for Chinese goods and services.

As for the dictator and his family, capture them alive.  Give them a public televised spanking (literally), then cast them out to a remote island to live out the rest of their lives in seclusion and poverty, like their subjects.

I have never seen a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A little bird will fall dead, frozen from a bough, without ever having felt sorry for itself.--D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #47 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
Goose wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 7:23pm:
I am going to give you guys the ONLY answer to the North Korean problem that will work, guaranteed.

Broker a deal with China allowing South Korea to unify the peninsula, with US and Chinese assistance if necessary.

Brokering such a deal with China would not be such a long shot gambit either.  Anyone who thinks that China is happy with the North Koreans is dead wrong.  They are in fact embarrassed and would like nothing more than a face saving end to the problem.

As part of the deal, you make the border with China a true demilitarized zone.  Offer favorable trade between China and the newly united Korea.  Korea's population will grow by 50% overnight.  There will be a ready supply of labor, land and in fact favorable mineral deposits that will spur the Korean economy creating a new generation of consumers for Chinese goods and services.

As for the dictator and his family, capture them alive.  Give them a public televised spanking (literally), then cast them out to a remote island to live out the rest of their lives in seclusion and poverty, like their subjects.

The Chicoms would only allow a unified Korea if/when the United States agrees to leave South Korea to its fate.  hey are not going to stand for a US military presence on the CHinese border  They have used their proxy and would like to continue, even though Kim Jun Un is not as reliable for China, as Kim Jung Il was or his father before him.  This Fat Kid is a loose cannon and they probably would love to see him gone, but they are not going to give up their hegemony over N. Korea and we wouldn't allow them to have control of a united Korea.

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Goose
LNF Representative3

There is no Try...Only
Do or Do Not

Reply #48 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
I am reminded about a time long ago in a land far, far away.

1987 Sasebo, Japan.  Marine Barracks duty.  I performed a duty that allowed for the use of deadly force.  Every three days roughly, I strapped on the Baretta 9mm service pistol, loaded up a Mossberg shotgun and off I went to guard the bunkers at the weapons depot. 

Before we were allowed to mount the guard there, we had to take an extensive course on the use of deadly force and when it's allowed.  Then we had to take a written test answered in essay form to be graded by the vaunted Gunny, who as with all Gunny's fancied himself the "world's finest Gunnery Sergeant", and this one may have been.  I digress however...

The test was in the form of scenarios that could occur while on duty.  We had to explain our response method.

The scenario I recalled was "You are standing main gate security.  It is 0200 and two sailors come to gain access to the base.  They are drunk and unruly and will not comply with the standing orders for access.  You have radioed for backup and they are 5 minutes out.  What do you do?"

My reply "I in-holster my 9mm service pistol and aim center mass at the closest of the violators, gaining control of the situation while awaiting backup arrival"

Gunny went nuts and had me standing tall in his office berating my ancestry, my ability to pro-create, and some other really funny stuff that I use till this day.  "What in the hell makes you think you can use deadly force in this scenario, Lance Corporal?"  Everyone knows that if you are called by rank by an Staff NCO, instead of some term of endearment followed by a funny pronunciation of your last name, you are in deep doo doo.  If he had called me Dumbass McFrankenpuddy, I knew that he really liked my.

Anyhow, I steel my nerves and look the Gunny right in the eyes and said "Deadly force? Gunny, did I say I pulled the trigger?"

What I had done was use the threat of deadly force to de-escalate the situation.  You see, reasonably intelligent people will respond to a no-win scenario by backing down into a more calm and malleable state.

So sending a carrier group, which we do ALL THE TIME since there have been carriers, into the Sea of Japan, is not, should not and cannot be seen as war-mongering.  I will not hesitate to guarantee that EVERY person who has set in the office of the President does not want to spill American blood or others for that matter if it can be avoided.

One way to avoid spilling blood is to threaten to spill the other guys first.  A warmonger is someone who wants to cause a war to go hot.  Pulls the trigger so to speak.  In fact the definition is so broadly applied that FDR could be correctly labeled a warmonger, as would JFK, LBJ etc.

Now a warmonger in reality, is a person or country that stirs the crap among two other countries and does not participate directly in the crap that was stirred up. 

I am not surprised about the confusion given peoples desire to crapmonger on this forum.

I have never seen a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A little bird will fall dead, frozen from a bough, without ever having felt sorry for itself.--D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

Capt. Obvious B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Bronze Swimming Certificate

Reply #49 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 7:58pm:

Aren't you also a rolly-polly kink?  Or at least rolly-polly?

Could have sworn you identified as a plump transracial Asian woman.  Correct me if I'm wrong of course.

"Be Kind; Everyone You Meet is Fighting a Hard Battle" Plato

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump sending two more carriers to join Carl Vinson Carrier Strike Group
LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog