Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › How Did the Trump Administration Lose an Aircraft Carrier?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) How Did the Trump Administration Lose an Aircraft Carrier? (Read 1,471 times)
TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Re: How Did the Trump Administration Lose an Aircraft Carrier?
Reply #10 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 8:47pm:
First off, no one lost a carrier, the fact that it has been diverted from it's initial patrol is not the least bit surprising at all.  We have diverted plenty of warships from their initial patrol to a hotspot.  This was not a planned patrol.  I can not tell you how many times we were diverted from a training exercise or patrol to another part of the ocean due to some sort of conflict.  Unfortunately it appears the media does not understand this.  It does not appear that this was a planned event for the carrier, instead this is a reaction to escallating tensions that now demand the presence of the carrier from it's fleet training... so maybe the media does not grasp this.

The issue is not that the carrier was diverted to NK.

The issue is that it was said the carrier was on the way to NK when it was not.

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

Lomelis
LNF Speaker

Wonderboy

Reply #11 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 9:13pm:
The author is an absolute idiot lacking any professional knowldege of our military, what he is good at is his dripping condesending attitude to the President evident in his remarks.  This was piece was an absolute waste of time as it was very evident to me and probably to so many other men and women who have served in the Navy and know about operational deployment.  He obviously lacks even the basic understanding of this.

You didn't read the article.  The carrier group was going the opposite direction.  That isn't a failure of the media.

Brilliance on display:

Wadsworth wrote Today at 4:39pm:
"Shut up sock puppet, you make absolutely not damn since."

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #12 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 9:42pm
Print Post  
Sometimes it is a good thing no one knows where the ship is, except the captain and president.

Wink
Smiley

Freedom&&&&

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #13 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
Lomelis wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 9:26pm:
You didn't read the article.  The carrier group was going the opposite direction.  That isn't a failure of the media.

Wrong, I did and I don't think the author has one freaking clue about what he is talking about which is very obvious to me.  It is apparent that he has an axe to grind based on his remarks about Trump and innuendos about his percieved instability.  That set off all sorts of red flags to me and it is not in the least bit unsusal that the carrier was no where near the incident.  Now on the other hand if the carrier was never going to be diverted to the region despite what the administration stated, then we obviously have a problem but with my experience of patrols and being diverted from our initial patrol or training, I do not see anything out of the ordinary. I read the article several times attempting to see what is the "comical" situation and I don't see anything except his lack of knowledge regarding standard military protocol and operations.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #14 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
Archie wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 9:42pm:
Sometimes it is a good thing no one knows where the ship is, except the captain and president.

Wink
Smiley

To be honest, he is not always aware of ship locations unless he specifically asks them.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #15 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
Seawolf- this is the part that is comical..

Quote:
On April 9, as tension between the U.S. and North Korea over missile tests rose, the U.S. announced it was dispatching the USS Carl Vinson, an aircraft carrier, and its retinue, toward the Korean peninsula. “U.S. Pacific Command ordered the Carl Vinson Strike Group north as a prudent measure to maintain readiness and presence in the Western Pacific,” a Navy spokesman said at the time.

There was one flaw in the plan, as The New York Times reports:

"The problem was, the carrier, the Carl Vinson, and the four other warships in its strike force were at that very moment sailing in the opposite direction, to take part in joint exercises with the Australian Navy in the Indian Ocean, 3,500 miles southwest of the Korean Peninsula."

You know this is a real mistake and not something invented by a know-nothing journalist because the White House is pointing the finger at the Defense Department. And the Defense Department mentions  a "glitch-ridden sequence of events."

The White House does not admit errors or mistakes when journalists get the story wrong. And neither would the Pentagon. Or if they do, they are incredibly weak and are letting the media bully them into admitting mistakes which they did not in fact make.

Quote:
White House officials said on Tuesday they were relying on guidance from the Defense Department. Officials there described a glitch-ridden sequence of events, from a premature announcement of the deployment by the military’s Pacific Command to an erroneous explanation by Defense Secretary Jim Mattis—all of which perpetuated the false narrative that an American armada was racing toward the waters off North Korea.

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

Archie
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #16 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 9:57pm:
To be honest, he is not always aware of ship locations unless he specifically asks them.

I am meaning so that the enemy doesn’t know.
Smiley

Freedom&&&&

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #17 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
Archie wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 10:05pm:
I am meaning so that the enemy doesn’t know.
Smiley

Those of us who do not have a Starfor membership have to rely on the Navy to accidentally spill the beans..

From the article.

Quote:
The confusion might never have become public if not for another miscue: The Navy posted a picture of the Vinson steaming through the Sunda Strait in Indonesia, far from where the White House had placed it

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #18 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 9:59pm:
Seawolf- this is the part that is comical..

You know this is a real mistake and not something invented by a know-nothing journalist because the White House is pointing the finger at the Defense Department. And the Defense Department mentions  a "glitch-ridden sequence of events."

The White House does not admit errors or mistakes when journalists get the story wrong. And neither would the Pentagon. Or if they do, they are incredibly weak and are letting the media bully them into admitting mistakes which they did not in fact make.

I read it and it said, at that very moment was participating in a joint exercise with the Austrailian Navy.  Ok, that is not unusual, as I stated, I have been in a scenario similar and received orders  ordered to change our deployment.  When did this notice to the media take place in regards to the carrier receiving it's orders to alter it's mission?  I have no idea and neither does the author in order to assume that this was a blunder of any magnitude.  I also find it interesting that the msm has yet to pick this story up and run with it.  As I stated, I don't see anything that would say this was unusual.  I can also see this author's views regarding Trump is very negative to the point of dripping with sarcasam.  Just does not raise my level of concern in regards to this being comical.  A carrier was diverted, when in relation to the media getting the news?  I have no idea as the article is not real clear about this.  Hey, if you think it is a real issue then what can I say, to me this is something I have been through and do not see it rising to the level of comedy or blunders.  It seems more about the timing of the release and when the carrier changed course and even that is confidential and not released to the public.

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #19 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 10:17pm:
I read it and it said, at that very moment was participating in a joint exercise with the Austrailian Navy.  Ok, that is not unusual, as I stated, I have been in a scenario similar and received orders  ordered to change our deployment.  When did this notice to the media take place in regards to the carrier receiving it's orders to alter it's mission?  I have no idea and neither does the author in order to assume that this was a blunder of any magnitude.  I also find it interesting that the msm has yet to pick this story up and run with it.  As I stated, I don't see anything that would say this was unusual.  I can also see this author's views regarding Trump is very negative to the point of dripping with sarcasam.  Just does not raise my level of concern in regards to this being comical.  A carrier was diverted, when in relation to the media getting the news?  I have no idea as the article is not real clear about this.  Hey, if you think it is a real issue then what can I say, to me this is something I have been through and do not see it rising to the level of comedy or blunders.  It seems more about the timing of the release and when the carrier changed course and even that is confidential and not released to the public. 

Well the White House and the Defense Department disagree with your analysis. They do see something that needs to be explained- a glitch- as they call it.

Make no mistake. I am not saying anything was lost.

Perhaps the announcement was premature. This looks like a communication failure to me.

What we know for sure is that when the announcement was made that the carrier was heading toward NK, it was really heading to Australia instead.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › How Did the Trump Administration Lose an Aircraft Carrier?
LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog