Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › How Did the Trump Administration Lose an Aircraft Carrier?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) How Did the Trump Administration Lose an Aircraft Carrier? (Read 1,474 times)
Helena Ann Basket
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Never kiss a gibbon on
the mouth

Re: How Did the Trump Administration Lose an Aircraft Carrier?
Reply #80 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 11:02pm
Print Post  
walkstall wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 10:53pm:
More wind with boiled cabbage so I am told.  Grin

Add some beans and that ship can circle the globe in a week.

IP Logged

walkstall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus
LNF Bunker

WYSIWYG

Reply #81 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 11:56pm
Print Post  
Helena Ann Basket wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 11:02pm:
Add some beans and that ship can circle the globe in a week.

Add some outrigger and cut the time down.   Grin

Only a fool think we can give free health care and not have our premiums skyrocket every year.
"Where is the $2,500 in savings Democrats and Obama promised me?" 

Obama on FBI: We Don't Operate on Innuendo.  LOL 

IP Logged

Capt. Obvious B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Bronze Swimming Certificate

Reply #82 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 12:54am
Print Post  
JohnnyBgood wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 1:24pm:
You did it too.

Assumption

Of course it is. Could also be conjecture. 

Either way you slice this latest escapade of Trump's, it made America look bad.
« Last Edit: Apr 20th, 2017 at 3:41am by Capt. Obvious B.S.C. »  

"Be Kind; Everyone You Meet is Fighting a Hard Battle" Plato

IP Logged

Helena Ann Basket
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Never kiss a gibbon on
the mouth

Reply #83 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 4:29am
Print Post  
walkstall wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 11:56pm:
Add some outrigger and cut the time down.   Grin

Outrigger and cabbage may force a tear in the fabric of time. We're talking Doctor Who type velocity. Thankfully sausages have not been mentioned.

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Representative3
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #84 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
LOL

Fun thread.

I do have to say my commentary on the author of the original piece has a point to it.

Have you all noticed how crappity smacking young reporters are these days?  Read 90% of the articles on most websites/newssites and I always look into the reporters.  They all look like my 21 year old daughter.  I have to assume they at least got a degree in English or Journalism or something so I always assume they're older than that.  But .... jeebus. 

It's kind of like everyone is supposed to believe that every Journalism degree comes with a degree in International Finance and/or World Politics.  Kind of buy one/get one style.  Sorry but I plugged away at an English degree for awhile.  The closest it comes is critiquing for literary content political essays like "A Modest Proposal" from the 19th Century in Brit Lit 1.

Personally I think the delusional reporting across the board at most outlets now and for the past couple years is due at least in part to the fact that every single reporter approximately age 32 and younger got their degree and started working while Obama was president.  That has to be part of the reason for the mass delusion and blatant partisanship displayed by so many of them.  They've never known any other world.  And they almost seem to be 3 to 1 youths vs old vets.  But that might be my Podcast First method of news consumption.

That's not to say there aren't older journalists obviously.  I could give you a list of some of the reporters who were constantly saying "Hey wait just a minute" in podcast discussions.  John Dickerson for example on the Slate podcast.  Ron Elving at NPR (NPR Politics podcast) is always fantastic.  The crown jewel of campaign reporting has to goto Peggy Noonan at the WSJ tho.

There are reasonable journalists who actually make an attempt at unbiased journalism with integrity.  Not many of those seem to be in the younger crop coming up in the world of journalism tho.  That should be a matter of greater concern than most seem to acknowledge.

Queshank

Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told.

Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #85 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 10:20am
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 6:56pm:
LOL

Fun thread.

I do have to say my commentary on the author of the original piece has a point to it.

Have you all noticed how crappity smacking young reporters are these days?  Read 90% of the articles on most websites/newssites and I always look into the reporters.  They all look like my 21 year old daughter.  I have to assume they at least got a degree in English or Journalism or something so I always assume they're older than that.  But .... jeebus. 

It's kind of like everyone is supposed to believe that every Journalism degree comes with a degree in International Finance and/or World Politics.  Kind of buy one/get one style.  Sorry but I plugged away at an English degree for awhile.  The closest it comes is critiquing for literary content political essays like "A Modest Proposal" from the 19th Century in Brit Lit 1.

Personally I think the delusional reporting across the board at most outlets now and for the past couple years is due at least in part to the fact that every single reporter approximately age 32 and younger got their degree and started working while Obama was president.  That has to be part of the reason for the mass delusion and blatant partisanship displayed by so many of them.  They've never known any other world.  And they almost seem to be 3 to 1 youths vs old vets.  But that might be my Podcast First method of news consumption.

That's not to say there aren't older journalists obviously.  I could give you a list of some of the reporters who were constantly saying "Hey wait just a minute" in podcast discussions.  John Dickerson for example on the Slate podcast.  Ron Elving at NPR (NPR Politics podcast) is always fantastic.  The crown jewel of campaign reporting has to goto Peggy Noonan at the WSJ tho.

There are reasonable journalists who actually make an attempt at unbiased journalism with integrity.  Not many of those seem to be in the younger crop coming up in the world of journalism tho.  That should be a matter of greater concern than most seem to acknowledge.

Queshank

But you do agree that the right hand did not know what the left hand was doing. correct.

"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
H. L. Mencken, July 26, 1920

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #86 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 10:26am
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 6:49pm:
Why would they say it's on the way to North Korea when it's on the way to Australia? 

Is there a benefit to this that perhaps we're not seeing in psyching North Korea out?

Is it possible it was stated it was on the way to North Korea when there was no intention of sending it there?

I was surprised to see this come across my facebook feed shortly ago from CNN.  Mainly cuz ... CNN.

Trump's North Korea policy might just be working

Granted it's an opinion piece.  But it's written by a former British ambassador to North Korea.  /shrug.

Who the crappity smack knows?  Trump is the biggest mind crappity smacker we've ever seen.  He also seems to have zero crappity smacks to give about how the media or anybody else paints him, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was just doing the bluster to psych out NKorea ... not giving a shit if the media painted it as the clustercrappity smack the original article does.  I mean ... they'd do that if the fleet was there or it wasn't, right?  So there's gotta be a "What difference does it make?" attitude in the administration.

Queshank

Let's be honest here.  Trump has no clue what the hell he is doing.

"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #87 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 10:32am
Print Post  
So this misinformation to you is a significant event for Trump but leaving four of our men to die in Benghazi never rose to this level of concern for you or the emailing of classified information on an unauthorize server?  Interesting how this is considered a major misstep but not Benghazi.   Undecided

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #88 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 10:43am
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 10:26am:
Let's be honest here.  Trump has no clue what the hell he is doing. 
I have confidence in General Maddis and the military.  They have planned and war gamed this mission for years. Finally, now that N. Korea is very close to being able to place a nuke on an ICBM and has threatened to hit the US, we have a Commander  In Chief that has given a green light to the military to go ahead.

It is not Trumps' plan, or his knowing what to do, anymore than taking out Osama Bin Ladin was President Obama's plan!  The President hears the situation and all the options and makes the decision.  That's the way things work.

As far as the timing of the actual deployment of the Carl Visnson Task Force, we may never know whether this was a 'mistake' (announcing prematurely that it was enroute) or part of the plan to confuse, not only N. Korea, but our other adversaries, while we got out ducks in a row for the ground game.  We have O San AFB 35 miles from the DMZ and many other bases there, as well.

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #89 - Apr 21st, 2017 at 11:03am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 21st, 2017 at 10:32am:
So this misinformation to you is a significant event for Trump but leaving four of our men to die in Benghazi never rose to this level of concern for you or the emailing of classified information on an unauthorize server?  Interesting how this is considered a major misstep but not Benghazi.   Undecided

And Trump Botched an attack on Yemen which resulted in the deaths of a Navy SEAL fighter and several civilians.  It  was approved by President Trump with no advice or consultation from intelligence officers or military commanders.  He did it over dinner, not in a war room.  Yet you give him a pass. Undecided

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › How Did the Trump Administration Lose an Aircraft Carrier?
LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog