Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump vs. the media: the war over facts
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Trump vs. the media: the war over facts (Read 88 times)
Cliffs
Ex Member

Trump vs. the media: the war over facts
Apr 19th, 2017 at 8:55am
Print Post  
Turns out that the current administrator in the WH isn't the first to butt head with the media.

Not the first

Please address the article and not each other's opinions.

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Are all Insurance Salesmen
REALLY that stupid?

Re: Trump vs. the media: the war over facts
Reply #1 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 10:58am
Print Post  
Certain elements of the fringe press has forever engaged in yellow journalism.. in the last 2 decades raised to an art form by the likes of the Enquirer, Limbaugh and the ironically named Fox News..  We saw the height of lies against a sitting president during the Obama administration ..

The principle difference is that rather than a segment of the press that routinely lies about the president we have a president that routinely lies about the press..as well as pretty much everything else.   

As the article points out.. rather than the one-off whoppers from Johnson, Bush or Clinton, with Trump we have a seemingly endless stream of rarefied bullshit.  Even as often as Reagan's dementia offered up alternate histories he didn't do so on a daily basis as we see in Trump ..

IP Logged

TypoKnig

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #2 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 11:07am
Print Post  
Quote:
Turns out that the current administrator in the WH isn't the first to butt head with the media.

Not the first

Please address the article and not each other's opinions.

The was a very interesting article and I think the last paragraph says it all.  Report the facts and leave out the opinions. People can make up their won minds.

"But to me conflict between the press and the president is less worrisome than the prospect of being led by an administration for which facts and truths are fungible or irrelevant. The optimist in me believes, like Lincoln, that while the people can be fooled some of the time, they will not be fooled all of the time. I believe that most people know that real knowledge is rooted in facts, and that getting these facts makes them smarter. I therefore believe that the people will search for, find, and support those sources that consistently strive to deliver facts."

"Those sources are called journalists."

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
TypoKnig wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 11:07am:
The was a very interesting article and I think the last paragraph says it all.  Report the facts and leave out the opinions. People can make up their won minds.

"But to me conflict between the press and the president is less worrisome than the prospect of being led by an administration for which facts and truths are fungible or irrelevant. The optimist in me believes, like Lincoln, that while the people can be fooled some of the time, they will not be fooled all of the time. I believe that most people know that real knowledge is rooted in facts, and that getting these facts makes them smarter. I therefore believe that the people will search for, find, and support those sources that consistently strive to deliver facts."

"Those sources are called journalists."

Nothing wrong with opinion when labeled as such. Always good to hear the various opinions of others.

It's more than that. Facts can easily be left out, manipulated, focused, emphasized, or used in any number of ways to pose as journalism while selling ads.

All useful reporting requires a serious attempt toward honesty and an emphasized retraction when mistakes were made.

Reporting wasn't so glamorous during the days of the Fairness Doctrine, but there was a lot less money and a lot more honesty.

Ailes first pushed his dream for a republicon fake news program in the early 70's to nixon. His business model remains.

the wis-dum of acrhie
"I am sure Trump is like me."
"There is no capitalism under Obama’s rule. He is a fu8&^ communist."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Trump vs. the media: the war over facts
LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog