Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › The Future of FOX
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) The Future of FOX (Read 500 times)
TypoKnig

I Love Liberty News Forum!

The Future of FOX
Apr 19th, 2017 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
Good story on what was going on when Ailes left and the takeover by Murdoch's sons. Pertinent in light of today's events.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/michael-wolff-murdoch-father-sons-919809

"CNN is again becoming the model for Murdoch's sons, Lachlan and James, as they envision a post-Ailes world. CNN's current chief, Jeff Zucker, is even said among industry insiders to be one of the sons' top choices to take over at Fox News."

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: The Future of FOX
Reply #1 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
Seems to confirm what I said earlier, that Murdochs kids want a more liberal network in line with CNN.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #2 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 6:37pm:
Seems to confirm what I said earlier, that Murdochs kids want a more liberal network in line with CNN.
time to stop watching television I guess..

" The few will always act like the few.”

–Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Jimmy S
LNF Representative

Reply #3 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 6:42pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
TypoKnig wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 6:29pm:
Good story on what was going on when Ailes left and the takeover by Murdoch's sons. Pertinent in light of today's events.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/michael-wolff-murdoch-father-sons-919809

"CNN is again becoming the model for Murdoch's sons, Lachlan and James, as they envision a post-Ailes world. CNN's current chief, Jeff Zucker, is even said among industry insiders to be one of the sons' top choices to take over at Fox News."

I really don't believe that FOX is going to change their format.  The far right is what makes them money and they will see to it that it continues.

Definition of Stupid: 
Knowing the truth, seeing evidence of truth, but still believing the lie.

IP Logged

TypoKnig

Reply #5 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 6:42pm:
I really don't believe that FOX is going to change their format.  The far right is what makes them money and they will see to it that it continues.

Which really is what all networks strive for; to make money and see that it continues.

By the way did you know the story behind your quote? I found it interesting. I had heard the quote but wasn't sure the background.

In this case the attribution to Henry Louis Mencken, a prominent newspaperman and political commentator during the first half of the 20th century, is accurate. Writing for the Baltimore Evening Sun on  26 July 1920, in an article entitled “Bayard vs. Lionheart” (and reprinted in the book On Politics: A Carnival of Buncombe), Mencken cynically opined on the difficulties of good men reaching national office when the scale of their campaigns precluded them from directly reaching out to large segments of the voting public:

The larger the mob, the harder the test. In small areas, before small electorates, a first-rate man occasionally fights his way through, carrying even the mob with him by force of his personality. But when the field is nationwide, and the fight must be waged chiefly at second and third hand, and the force of personality cannot so readily make itself felt, then all the odds are on the man who is, intrinsically, the most devious and mediocre — the man who can most easily adeptly disperse the notion that his mind is a virtual vacuum.

The Presidency tends, year by year, to go to such men. As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/whitehousemoron.asp
« Last Edit: Apr 19th, 2017 at 7:14pm by TypoKnig »  

IP Logged

Doctor Snug Lariat
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Never kiss a gibbon on
the mouth

Reply #6 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
I'm sure Fox will be just fine.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #7 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
Doctor Snug Lariat wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 7:17pm:
I'm sure Fox will be just fine.

I agree. Fox would be crazy to alter their content or focus.

I look at it this way: America is pretty much evenly split between liberals and conservatives. The liberals have many, many media outlets to turn to, so each outlet must fight for a share of the liberal viewership/readership. Fox News, however, is the only media outlet that caters to the conservatives. So their ratings benefit from that larger market share.

"Diamonds are forever...and so are the Four Horsewomen!"

IP Logged

Doctor Snug Lariat
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Never kiss a gibbon on
the mouth

Reply #8 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 7:23pm:
I agree. Fox would be crazy to alter their content or focus.

I look at it this way: America is pretty much evenly split between liberals and conservatives. The liberals have many, many media outlets to turn to, so each outlet must fight for a share of the liberal viewership/readership. Fox News, however, is the only media outlet that caters to the conservatives. So their ratings benefit from that larger market share.

Quote:
After Wednesday's announcement that Bill O'Reilly will not be returning to Fox News Channel, here's what their primetime lineup will look like in the upcoming future:

5 PM/ET – A new show, hosted by Eric Bolling, will debut on May 1st. From April 24th-28th, Special Report with Bret Baier will air from 5 to 7 p.m.

7 PM/ET – "The Story with Martha MacCallum" will debut on Monday, May 1st. Until then, MacCallum will continue anchoring "The First 100 Days" through April 28th.

8 PM/ET – "Tucker Carlson Tonight"

9 PM/ET - "The Five" (LIVE) with co-hosts Kimberly Guilfoyle, Dana Perino, Bob Beckel, Greg Gutfeld, Jesse Watters and Juan Williams.

10 PM/ET – "Hannity"

Tucker Carlson will move to the 8 p.m. slot, and "The Five" will move to the 9 p.m. slot formerly occupied by Tucker Carlson. Jesse Watters also joins "The Five" as a co-host.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/christinerousselle/2017/04/19/heres-the-new-fox-ne...

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #9 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
TypoKnig wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 7:04pm:
Which really is what all networks strive for; to make money and see that it continues.

By the way did you know the story behind your quote? I found it interesting. I had heard the quote but wasn't sure the background.

In this case the attribution to Henry Louis Mencken, a prominent newspaperman and political commentator during the first half of the 20th century, is accurate. Writing for the Baltimore Evening Sun on  26 July 1920, in an article entitled “Bayard vs. Lionheart” (and reprinted in the book On Politics: A Carnival of Buncombe), Mencken cynically opined on the difficulties of good men reaching national office when the scale of their campaigns precluded them from directly reaching out to large segments of the voting public:

The larger the mob, the harder the test. In small areas, before small electorates, a first-rate man occasionally fights his way through, carrying even the mob with him by force of his personality. But when the field is nationwide, and the fight must be waged chiefly at second and third hand, and the force of personality cannot so readily make itself felt, then all the odds are on the man who is, intrinsically, the most devious and mediocre — the man who can most easily adeptly disperse the notion that his mind is a virtual vacuum.

The Presidency tends, year by year, to go to such men. As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/whitehousemoron.asp

Yea, I read that when someone here posted it.

Definition of Stupid: 
Knowing the truth, seeing evidence of truth, but still believing the lie.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › The Future of FOX

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog