Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › The Future of FOX
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) The Future of FOX (Read 496 times)
Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: The Future of FOX
Reply #10 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 6:42pm:
I really don't believe that FOX is going to change their format.  The far right is what makes them money and they will see to it that it continues.

Mr Murdoch has some political ideals, but his main aim is money.

He has no shame about this.

If Fox - which I see occasionally and still suspect to be a spoof - needs to change to keep making money it certainly will.

I mean, the Murdoch press in Britain extolls the nobility of patriotism, and the national identity, in pursuit of Brexit.

Mr. Murdoch has changed nationality for financial reasons.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Trolls exterminated while
you wait.

Reply #11 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
The Fox demographic.. 65 year olds.. is dying out..  Plus though Fox has been the leader in far-right bullshit for some 2 decades they are now up against Internet powerhouses like Breitbart, Infowars, Stormfront.  These have raised the bar on right-wing media staples .. deceit, innuendo and pure lie to such a level with which I don't believe Fox will be able to compete.

Fox will need someone like Spicer.. once he's out of the asylum.. someone with the gift of channeling bullshit in its raw form to lead them into the next frontier..

IP Logged

Doctor Snug Lariat
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Never kiss a gibbon on
the mouth

Reply #12 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 8:17pm:

If Fox - which I see occasionally and still suspect to be a spoof - needs to change to keep making money it certainly will.

I mean, the Murdoch press in Britain extolls the nobility of patriotism, and the national identity, in pursuit of Brexit.

Liberal media tends to struggle and I doubt the Murdochs will risk a cash cow on the idea of failed idea.

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #13 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 12:52am
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 10:49pm:
The Fox demographic.. 65 year olds.. is dying out..  Plus though Fox has been the leader in far-right bullshit for some 2 decades they are now up against Internet powerhouses like Breitbart, Infowars, Stormfront.  These have raised the bar on right-wing media staples .. deceit, innuendo and pure lie to such a level with which I don't believe Fox will be able to compete.

Fox will need someone like Spicer.. once he's out of the asylum.. someone with the gift of channeling bullshit in its raw form to lead them into the next frontier..

Wow. So bitter. Sad

"Diamonds are forever...and so are the Four Horsewomen!"

IP Logged

patrick2
LNF Speaker

Reply #14 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 1:59am
Print Post  
If Fox loses their conservative tilt, they'll disappear.  They were about the only effective alternative to the massive brainwashing machine that is the lib media.

From a conservative viewpoint, there's some good that can come of this.  I almost split a gut laughing today when I heard some SeeBS moron call O'Reilly a "firebrand".  In fact he was more like the kindly grandfather sitting in the corner.  I hope the lead role ends up with Carlson, Gutfeld, or Bolling.  Unlike O'Reilly with his calm attitude, they are the brass knuckles in your
feminazi-islamofascist-illegal alien-transgender face type.

IP Logged

Doctor Snug Lariat
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Never kiss a gibbon on
the mouth

Reply #15 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 4:26am
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 1:59am:
If Fox loses their conservative tilt, they'll disappear.  They were about the only effective alternative to the massive brainwashing machine that is the lib media.

From a conservative viewpoint, there's some good that can come of this.  I almost split a gut laughing today when I heard some SeeBS moron call O'Reilly a "firebrand".  In fact he was more like the kindly grandfather sitting in the corner.  I hope the lead role ends up with Carlson, Gutfeld, or Bolling.  Unlike O'Reilly with his calm attitude, they are the brass knuckles in your
feminazi-islamofascist-illegal alien-transgender face type.

It's already done. The five moves to nine. Carlson moves to eight and Eric Bolling gets his own show at five.

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #16 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 5:29am
Print Post  
Doctor Snug Lariat wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 7:25pm:

I like that line up.  I might even watch it occasionally.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #17 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 8:34am
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 8:17pm:

All true, but the far right loves FOX just the way it is.  Kelly is gone, O'Reilly is gone.  Sexual harassment allegations all over the place and the network is still #1.  No changes will be made unless or until the ratings go down.

Definition of Stupid: 
Knowing the truth, seeing evidence of truth, but still believing the lie.

IP Logged

Mojo-Jojo
LNF Senior Staffer6

The hobo fohmally known
as Jojo is no mo'.

Reply #18 - Apr 20th, 2017 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Apr 20th, 2017 at 8:34am:
All true, but the far right loves FOX just the way it is.  Kelly is gone, O'Reilly is gone.  Sexual harassment allegations all over the place and the network is still #1.  No changes will be made unless or until the ratings go down.

Word™

They have a very successful format and would be foolish to change. That said, Fiddler's points about their demographics and competition from the intarwebs has to be a concern. If they tilt too far back to center they'll get lost in the noise and too far to the right, they'll lose even more credibility.

I don't see them changing much other than some house cleaning. Even if their own viewers deny certain behaviors, advertisers care, and this is all about the moneys.

For too long have we sat under the thumb of mankind! The time has come to *oppose* that thumb!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › The Future of FOX

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog