Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Jesus is not a copy of pagan gods
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Jesus is not a copy of pagan gods (Read 4,493 times)
Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Jesus is not a copy of pagan gods
Reply #10 - Apr 27th, 2017 at 8:40am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 26th, 2017 at 4:29pm:
Don't hold your breath for science to prove it, hate to see you die and have to stand before your Creator before you have made a decsion.  As I always state, we all get our answers in the very end, one way or another.

Nope, you believe that you (and I) will get answers.

However,  there's literally no evidence at all for any sort of afterlife, so probably we won’t.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #11 - Apr 27th, 2017 at 11:21am
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Apr 27th, 2017 at 8:40am:
Nope, you believe that you (and I) will get answers.

However,  there's literally no evidence at all for any sort of afterlife, so probably we won’t.

Then you have absolutely nothing to lose, nor do I if you are right.  BUT, if I am right you will lose your very soul.  Let me ask you Limey, if I am so convinced that there is a God and that you could face hell, do you not expect me to do everything I can to warn you of the existence of hell?  What kind of Christian would I be if I never once warn you of something I claim to exist?  How can I truly be a Christian while ignoring all those who are perishing around me?  Would you not look at me as a heartless man who only cares about himself?

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #12 - Apr 27th, 2017 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 27th, 2017 at 11:21am:
Then you have absolutely nothing to lose, nor do I if you are right.  BUT, if I am right you will lose your very soul. 
Let me ask you Limey, if I am so convinced that there is a God and that you could face hell, do you not expect me to do everything I can to warn you of the existence of hell?

Actually,  behind all the exasperation I feel about bloody Christians trying to persuade me, is a certain amount of gratitude that they -you- feel this concern.

I still wish you wouldn't though! Grin

Quote:
What kind of Christian would I be if I never once warn you of something I claim to exist?  How can I truly be a Christian while ignoring all those who are perishing around me?  Would you not look at me as a heartless man who only cares about himself? 

See above.

However,  on t'other hand, can you see that, to me, your subservient attitude towards a fictional character,  your surrender of your own moral decision making, and your separation from scientific progress diminish your life?

That being so, what sort of person would I be if I didn't try to persuade you to leave it behind?

Hopefully not too rudely.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #13 - Apr 27th, 2017 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Apr 27th, 2017 at 2:06pm:
Actually,  behind all the exasperation I feel about bloody Christians trying to persuade me, is a certain amount of gratitude that they -you- feel this concern.

I still wish you wouldn't though! Grin

See above.

However,  on t'other hand, can you see that, to me, your subservient attitude towards a fictional character,  your surrender of your own moral decision making, and your separation from scientific progress diminish your life?

That being so, what sort of person would I be if I didn't try to persuade you to leave it behind?

Hopefully not too rudely.

Nope, but I have my own personal experience that has convinced me as has my wife.  Not anything this world can do to alter my belief.  Would rather stand with God and be judged by the world then to stand by the world and be judged by God.  If there was never a Jesus Christ in history, there could never have been the Christian faith. History does not deny he existed.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #14 - Apr 27th, 2017 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 27th, 2017 at 9:34pm:
Nope, but I have my own personal experience that has convinced me as has my wife.  Not anything this world can do to alter my belief.  Would rather stand with God and be judged by the world then to stand by the world and be judged by God.  If there was never a Jesus Christ in history, there could never have been the Christian faith. History does not deny he existed.

"He", not "he".

Wink

I am pretty much an atheist,  although I wish I wasn't.

Denying the historical elements of the Bible seems petty; the arguments about Christianity shouldn't rest on whether Jesus existed, more on whether Jesus was divine.

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #15 - Apr 27th, 2017 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
....Seawolf,  I really don't mean to insult you when I say I don't believe, and wish you didn't either,  you get that, I hope.

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #16 - Apr 27th, 2017 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
Obviously I do mean to insult you about being a fish head, instead of a real man who joined the Army.

That's a given.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #17 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:47am
Print Post  
I recommend a book called Cold Case Christianity.  The divinity of Christ is investigated by a former Detective using his expertise to determine if there is evidence one way or the other.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #18 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 9:13am
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Apr 27th, 2017 at 10:09pm:
"He", not "he".

Wink

I am pretty much an atheist,  although I wish I wasn't.

That's where you and I differ. I am glad I never believed in that crap.

Non sequitur:

Rodney Your Teas Ready wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #19 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 9:16am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Apr 28th, 2017 at 6:47am:
I recommend a book called Cold Case Christianity.  The divinity of Christ is investigated by a former Detective using his expertise to determine if there is evidence one way or the other.

I am sure he was objective... about as much as you.

Non sequitur:

Rodney Your Teas Ready wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Jesus is not a copy of pagan gods

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog