Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Jesus is not a copy of pagan gods
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Jesus is not a copy of pagan gods (Read 6,093 times)
BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: Jesus is not a copy of pagan gods
Reply #120 - Jun 7th, 2017 at 3:02am
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Jun 6th, 2017 at 3:34pm:
Ridiculous..  Something cannot possibly come from nothing.. You're asking me to accept your assumption on faith alone.

It's like seewolf's not even listening.

God came from nothing, but that's not a problem because he created everything... right! Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2017 at 7:07am by Seawolf »  

Non sequitur:

The Wet Dreams of Mr Cousteau wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #121 - Jun 7th, 2017 at 6:59am
Print Post  
Isaiah 47:10  You have trusted in your wickedness and have said, 'No one sees me.' Your wisdom and knowledge mislead you when you say to yourself, 'I am, and there is none besides me.'

Psalm 50:21 When you did these things and I kept silent, you thought I was exactly like you. But I now arraign you and set my accusations before you.
« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2017 at 7:04am by Seawolf »  

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #122 - Jun 7th, 2017 at 9:34am
Print Post  
Seewoof's now modifying my posts at will...

Jesus may very well be a copy of a pagan god or not but one thing's for sure, seewoof's a parody of a moderator.

Non sequitur:

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #123 - Jun 7th, 2017 at 10:45am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Jun 7th, 2017 at 9:34am:
Seewoof's now modifying my posts at will...

Jesus may very well be a copy of a pagan god or not but one thing's for sure, seewoof's a parody of a moderator.

Because you are like a child who refuses to behave.  All you comprehend is how to be a fouled mouth arse with no ability to have a civil discourse.  Try it, it goes a whole lot further then wallowing in filth.  It seems to rub you wrong to ask you to attempt to be civil.  Hey, you want to act like an arse, then post to your heart's content on the political forum.  I am more then willing to DISCUSS with you but I have no tolerance for your inflammatory behavior.  I believe the only reason you are here is to tick people off not to have an honest two way discussion.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #124 - Jun 7th, 2017 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jun 6th, 2017 at 11:44am:
How does stating he is immortal is not an answer to the question?  He created life and time (time, space and matter), he states he has always existed, the alpha and omega.  Our problem is simple, we were created, we live in a realm He created and the only view you can comprehend is the here and now.  CS Lewis writes about the reality outside of what we live in.  A great look into God's realm as best as we can comprehend by a former atheist.

I have read nearly everything CS Lewis had published, love it.

However, his point boils down to yours which is ' I believe, therefore I don't need to get in to the discussion'.

You tell us that the question about where did God come from is answered by God telling us that he was always there.

Ok, but, er, that is purely a matter of you choosing to believe that what you have been told is true.

It's as you say about time, which is not something that in God's realm is relevant - your statements are not relevant in a conversation about proof.

Regrettably, my little girl's belief in pixies has exactly the same status as your belief in God. Exactly.

It is a cause of some disappointment to me that you won't engage in the subject to the extent of taking on board the well written, provocative and erudite arguments of your opponents, when they have certainly done you the courtesy of engaging with yours.

Please read them Seawolf, and if you're on the boards MikeGloster and Frank, you too, it will make these conversations ever so much more meaty and satisfying.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #125 - Jun 7th, 2017 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Jun 7th, 2017 at 3:38pm:
I have read nearly everything CS Lewis had published, love it.

However, his point boils down to yours which is ' I believe, therefore I don't need to get in to the discussion'.

You tell us that the question about where did God come from is answered by God telling us that he was always there.

Ok, but, er, that is purely a matter of you choosing to believe that what you have been told is true.

It's as you say about time, which is not something that in God's realm is relevant - your statements are not relevant in a conversation about proof.

Regrettably, my little girl's belief in pixies has exactly the same status as your belief in God. Exactly.

It is a cause of some disappointment to me that you won't engage in the subject to the extent of taking on board the well written, provocative and erudite arguments of your opponents, when they have certainly done you the courtesy of engaging with yours.

Please read them Seawolf, and if you're on the boards MikeGloster and Frank, you too, it will make these conversations ever so much more meaty and satisfying.

There is eveidence all around you but you choose to ignore the evidence.  The earth no more created itself then a book, a building or a painting.  Something or someone had to create life.  I was on the other side as I explained and the questions I asked regarding a Godless nature can not nor has it ever been answered.  The math reveals the odds of evolution impossible .  I have also asked a rational question, was there ever a man named Jesus and was he surrounded with explainable events.

I found historians at roughly about a hundred years out who were not Christians collaborating the history as per the Bible supporting the events of a man named Jesus.  I asked other questions, if the Bible is written by man is it possible it is full of fallacies to include historical discrepancies?  the more I researched and asked the more it became impossible for me to deny a Creator.  In all honesty, if the Bible is not true then the history should fall completely apart upon research and that just does not happen.

In my own life I have witnessed events that can not be answered in any other way so Limey, nothing you will say will convince me that your side is right.  There are too many holes in evolution and the very simple question of where did everything begin can not be answered outside of a Creator.  I appreciate you questions and comments but in all honesty, the scriptures are hard to refute once you start reading it.

I am now on my second read thru the Bible in chronological order.  The problem with our discussion about God is you can not ever know him because you deny he exist.  How can you possibly have a discussion about the personality of God, the God you deny that exist, that is of itself foolish.  Regarding the discussion of authors such as Plato, Aristotle or even some theologians, with the exception of CS Lewis or my favorite Charles Spurgeon.  I am not instructed to read the literature of Plato, I am instructed to read the word, to meditate on it day and night.  So I do that.

Tell me something, have you read the Bible completely through.  I mean in all honesty, what difference does it make if I have read all the great works of men and yet have never once read the very Bible I proclaim, nor studied it.  How can I possibly converse with you about scripture if I am not asking who, what, when, where, how or why?

The problem is in our discussion it is impossible to have a rational thoughtful discussion about God by those who state there is no God.  You have no motivation to read and ask these very questions because you have made up your mind there is no God, so you have limited ability to discuss the nature of God or even of man who God made.  You have closed your mind regarding this discussion so to say you can not have an enlighten discussion with may may be correct based on your own mindset.  At least I started out on the other side and was honest enough to ask these questions.

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #126 - Jun 7th, 2017 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
Yes, I have read the Bible through.

On two occasions,  I did it in one sitting, first in 1994, again in 2003.

I don't state that there is no God.

Again, please,  my opponent and friend (I hope it's OK to call you that, you fish head:)) read the relevant books.

I absolutely promise,  they will fire you up.

Not the Victorian era texts, the 1990s-today ones, primarily Dawkins (the man can hold an argument)  and Hitchens (aggressive and erudite), but also the footnotes and bibliography to their populist works.

Please.

You won't enjoy it, but it's going to do you intellectual good.

Read 'em.

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #127 - Jun 7th, 2017 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
....I really,  REALLY,  want to be a believer and a Church of England Christian.

Unfortunately I can't because I think there's probably no God.

IP Logged

Capt. Lola B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Bronze Swimming Certificate

Reply #128 - Jun 9th, 2017 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Jun 7th, 2017 at 7:50pm:
....I really,  REALLY,  want to be a believer and a Church of England Christian.

I remember making a similar argument for a time.  How nice it must be to be a believer and believe in immortality or some kind of kush afterlife. But then I got mad at God.  He's a real shithead if you really examine Him.

I've decided I simply can not accept that some kind of intelligent benevolent force was responsible for all that we know about creation.  He was not a kind God but a bungling oaf and He needs to be taken down a peg. 

"I'm a tranvestwhite and ask that you please use my preferred racial pronoun, "human."  -The Captain

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #129 - Jun 10th, 2017 at 3:38am
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Jun 7th, 2017 at 7:50pm:

Why would you want that?

Non sequitur:

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Jesus is not a copy of pagan gods

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog