Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Jesus is not a copy of pagan gods
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Jesus is not a copy of pagan gods (Read 946 times)
Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Jesus is not a copy of pagan gods
Reply #50 - May 4th, 2017 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on May 4th, 2017 at 8:51pm:
So how do explain the fossil record? 

The gaps prove it was God.

Standard creationist approach.

There's a gap in the fossil record? God made the leap.

You find a fossil that's in a gap? Great! Now we have two gaps for God!

It's tiresome.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #51 - May 4th, 2017 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on May 4th, 2017 at 8:51pm:
So how do explain the fossil record? 

Elaborate.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #52 - May 5th, 2017 at 6:28am
Print Post  
Limey wrote on May 4th, 2017 at 9:22pm:
The gaps prove it was God.

Standard creationist approach.

There's a gap in the fossil record? God made the leap.

You find a fossil that's in a gap? Great! Now we have two gaps for God!

It's tiresome.

IS it tiresome because you think I should concede to your belief that nothing created life?  Sorry Limey, aside from Biblical testimony my own experiences have sealed my faith in the Lord God.  As I have stated, the conclusion to our debate is simple, after our death we personally will have our answers. 

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #53 - May 5th, 2017 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on May 5th, 2017 at 6:28am:
IS it tiresome because you think I should concede to your belief that nothing created life?  Sorry Limey, aside from Biblical testimony my own experiences have sealed my faith in the Lord God.  As I have stated, the conclusion to our debate is simple, after our death we personally will have our answers. 

I don't have a belief that nothing created life.

Those are your words, aiming at a Creationist strawman.

I don't have any beliefs about where life came from.

Like every sensible person, I can honestly say two things on the subject:

1. I don't know how life began

2. Evolution,  which doesn't explain genesis, seems plausible.

Your experience may have given you faith.

It's disappointing that an intelligent chap like you is unable to distinguish between that and proof. Just because you believe something,  that don't make it true.

Tell me, how does my link about fishy things with proto-limbs fit with your comments about links?

Oh, no, I forgot, only science which supports you is valid. Everything else is just theory.

« Last Edit: May 6th, 2017 at 4:36am by Limey »  

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #54 - May 6th, 2017 at 9:43am
Print Post  
Limey wrote on May 5th, 2017 at 5:53pm:
I don't have a belief that nothing created life.

Those are your words, aiming at a Creationist strawman.

I don't have any beliefs about where life came from.

Like every sensible person, I can honestly say two things on the subject:

1. I don't know how life began

2. Evolution,  which doesn't explain genesis, seems plausible.

Your experience may have given you faith.

It's disappointing that an intelligent chap like you is unable to distinguish between that and proof. Just because you believe something,  that don't make it true.

Tell me, how does my link about fishy things with proto-limbs fit with your comments about links?

Oh, no, I forgot, only science which supports you is valid. Everything else is just theory.

We all get our answers in the end.  All we are doing is running in circles, I have a personal experience as well as having asked and thought this through.  You have a different view, this is life,

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #55 - May 6th, 2017 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 9:43am:
We all get our answers in the end.  All we are doing is running in circles, I have a personal experience as well as having asked and thought this through.  You have a different view, this is life,

Logically, we may or may not get answers in the end - if there is no afterlife, of course, we don't.

You believe that you'll (and I too) will get answers in the end. It's not a statement of fact.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #56 - May 7th, 2017 at 7:06am
Print Post  
Limey wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 12:15pm:
Logically, we may or may not get answers in the end - if there is no afterlife, of course, we don't.

You believe that you'll (and I too) will get answers in the end. It's not a statement of fact.

Logically we will based on one of two beliefs.  If you believe that we will simply cease to exist and it's true, game over, the run was fun, no consequences.  On the other hand, if there be a Creator, then we all we give a testament to him regarding our lives and receive our judgement.  Not understanding your view, that the end has no conclusion.  Not a logical conclusion to say that is not a statement of fact in my opinion.  The problem is you see this strictly from one side and unwilling to even remotely acknowledge the possibility that if I am right, then you will stand before your creator.  That seems to hit people with a gut check.  That all those things you thought you did in secret will possibly be revealed in the end and an account will be given.  Either way, what do I lose?  Why should you or anyone else care about what I believe and how I live my life?  If it makes one a better person then why would anyone rain on someone's parade?  Discussion has ran it's course for this thread.
« Last Edit: May 7th, 2017 at 9:51am by Seawolf »  

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #57 - May 7th, 2017 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on May 7th, 2017 at 7:06am:
Logically we will based on one of two beliefs.  If you believe that we will simply cease to exist and it's true, game over, the run was fun, no consequences.  On the other hand, if there be a Creator, then we all we give a testament to him regarding our lives and receive our judgement.  Not understanding your view, that the end has no conclusion.  Not a logical conclusion to say that is not a statement of fact in my opinion.  The problem is you see this strictly from one side and unwilling to even remotely acknowledge the possibility that if I am right, then you will stand before your creator.  That seems to hit people with a gut check.  That all those things you thought you did in secret will possibly be revealed in the end and an account will be given.  Either way, what do I lose?  Why should you or anyone else care about what I believe and how I live my life?  If it makes one a better person then why would anyone rain on someone's parade?  Discussion has ran it's course for this thread.

If the Creator turns out not to be the one you believe in, you're in trouble.

There are a lot of gods out there.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #58 - May 7th, 2017 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on May 7th, 2017 at 5:51pm:
If the Creator turns out not to be the one you believe in, you're in trouble.

There are a lot of gods out there.

A lot of religions but only one God, will see in the end.  Good discussion Limey.

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #59 - May 7th, 2017 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on May 7th, 2017 at 7:11pm:
A lot of religions but only one God, will see in the end.  Good discussion Limey.

We may.

If it turns out to be Baal, I will be in deep shit, but I hope to find a moment of mild giggling as I picture the look on various faces.

Of course, that won't be much use in an eternal Hell.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Jesus is not a copy of pagan gods

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog