Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEconomics, Financial News › Why?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Why? (Read 2,140 times)
michiganFats
LNF Representative2

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Why?
Reply #20 - Jun 30th, 2017 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Jun 30th, 2017 at 3:01pm:
How?

In purchases of US exports, real estate, stocks and securities.

They would be relevant to the reason why they came back- ie there was a new monetary arrangement and those dollars were no longer necessary for foreigners to hold.

No. If the Dollar collapses that isn't happening.

I will ask one more time. How is Gold a threat to America? Simple question. maybe you should go on Facebook and ask someone?

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #21 - Jun 30th, 2017 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
michiganFats wrote on Jun 30th, 2017 at 3:35pm:
No. If the Dollar collapses that isn't happening.

When currencies weaken enough people rush to trade their money for goods and services. This is known as the "flight to real goods" or the "crack up boom."

So you might want to rethink this line of argument.

Quote:
I will ask one more time. How is Gold a threat to America? Simple question.

It's not a threat. Where did you get the idea it was?

Indeed I see it as a great opportunity.

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

michiganFats
LNF Representative2

Reply #22 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 7:11am
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Jun 30th, 2017 at 6:02pm:
When currencies weaken enough people rush to trade their money for goods and services. This is known as the "flight to real goods" or the "crack up boom."

So you might want to rethink this line of argument.

It's not a threat. Where did you get the idea it was?

Indeed I see it as a great opportunity.

From the OP.

You obviously think other countries buying gold is an ominous development. You've failed to explain why. I'm betting you're thinking about buying a shelter.

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #23 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 11:36am
Print Post  
michiganFats wrote on Jul 3rd, 2017 at 7:11am:
From the OP.

You obviously think other countries buying gold is an ominous development. You've failed to explain why.

I've explained why I think it could be a good thing.

And I have explained why other nations might want a different agreement and what implications that might have.

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

michiganFats
LNF Representative2

Reply #24 - Jul 5th, 2017 at 10:15am
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Jul 3rd, 2017 at 11:36am:
I've explained why I think it could be a good thing.

And I have explained why other nations might want a different agreement and what implications that might have.

No you didn't. You posted links, and I actually took the time to read them, and I want my 10 minutes back.

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #25 - Jul 5th, 2017 at 11:21am
Print Post  
michiganFats wrote on Jul 5th, 2017 at 10:15am:
No you didn't. You posted links, and I actually took the time to read them, and I want my 10 minutes back.

I don't believe you really believe that.

IP Logged

michiganFats
LNF Representative2

Reply #26 - Jul 5th, 2017 at 11:38am
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Jul 5th, 2017 at 11:21am:
I don't believe you really believe that.

Believe it. The OP is all about foreign countries buying gold being a threat to America. Your links, both of them, didn't even really touch the subject. That's not their fault, it's yours. Gold is a hedge, that's all it is.

Do you have a problem with my position on this or are you just arguing for the sake of arguing?

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #27 - Jul 5th, 2017 at 11:45am
Print Post  
michiganFats wrote on Jul 5th, 2017 at 11:38am:
Believe it. The OP is all about foreign countries buying gold being a threat to America. Your links, both of them, didn't even really touch the subject. That's not their fault, it's yours. Gold is a hedge, that's all it is.

Do you have a problem with my position on this or are you just arguing for the sake of arguing?

Yeah - I don't believe it.

You have given no reason to suggest that gold is a threat to America and you have given no reason to suggest that anyone is making that argument here.

And you have given no reason to suggest that you did not read the posts where I explained why other nations might want a different agreement and what implications that might have. And why this might be a good thing.

You even responded to those posts so I know you read them.

So yeah- I don't believe you.
« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2017 at 12:52pm by TowardLiberty »  

IP Logged

michiganFats
LNF Representative2

Reply #28 - Jul 5th, 2017 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Jul 5th, 2017 at 11:45am:
Yeah - I don't believe it.

You have given no reason to suggest that gold is a threat to America and you have given no reason to suggest that anyone is making that argument here.

And you have given no reason to suggest that you did not read the posts where I explained why other nations might want a different agreement and what implications that might have. And why this might be a good thing.

You even responded to those posts so I know you read them.

So yeah- I don't believe you.

You don't have to believe anything, the OP is there.

You're not making your point very well.

IP Logged

Possumpoint
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Proud Member of the Doom
& Gloom Club

Reply #29 - Jul 6th, 2017 at 10:41am
Print Post  
The threat to American is the use of fiat money and being financially controlled by a foreign based central bank. Our listed supply of gold is suspect based on the reaction given when Germany requested her gold back. The over reliance on paper money resulting in massive debt by our overspending government will lead to the economic failure of this country. The when is the question.

Other governments are not stupid and see the fallacy inherent in our economic system and have decided that purchase of precious metals is in their best interests. These countries also are controlled by central banks yet see the potential of returning to precious metal based economies when and if the fiat systems collapse. Our leaders should pull their heads out of where ever and read the tea leaves. Maybe they  think they'll pull a Roosevelt and just confiscate it when needed and revalue it then.

Learn all you can, it's a one way trip.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEconomics, Financial News › Why?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog