Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Comey testified and absolutely destroyed all remaining strawmen
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Comey testified and absolutely destroyed all remaining strawmen (Read 978 times)
billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Comey testified and absolutely destroyed all remaining strawmen
May 3rd, 2017 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
Director Comey says that he only had 2 choices - report or conceal - there was nothing else, no possible other choice 11 days out from the election, not nearly enough time to do the 2 days worth of examination required, so there were no choices other than to report

strawman down

the wis-dum of acrhie
"I am sure Trump is like me."
"There is no capitalism under Obama’s rule. He is a fu8&^ communist."

IP Logged

Dying Breed
LNF Senior Staffer3

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Comey testified and absolutely destroyed all remaining strawmen
Reply #1 - May 3rd, 2017 at 4:25pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Dying Breed
LNF Senior Staffer3

Reply #2 - May 3rd, 2017 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/05/03/comey-huma-abedin-sent-classified-informat...

I heard the testimony on the radio and it's interesting how Comey can say there was no intent therefore there was no crime.

"He says both Abedin and Weiner "potentially" committed crimes. He says Abedin, in particular, was not prosecuted as he could not "prove criminal intent."

"James Comey revealed that Huma Abedin, a top aide to Hillary Clinton, forwarded thousands of emails, including classified information, to her husband, Anthony Weiner."

So if I run a red light should the cop automatically let me off if I say I didn't intend to do it?  How does he know I'm being truthful. How about I didn't intend to speed or I didn't intend to murder that person. Since when is intent the litmus test when she clearly forwarded to her husband who had no clearance? It's a mishandling of classified information at the very least.

As far as I am concerned the case is closed but something still doesn't pass the smell test.

« Last Edit: May 3rd, 2017 at 5:23pm by Dying Breed »  

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - May 3rd, 2017 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
Dying Breed wrote on May 3rd, 2017 at 5:12pm:
http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/05/03/comey-huma-abedin-sent-classified-informat...

I heard the testimony on the radio and it's interesting how Comey can say there was no intent therefore there was no crime.

"He says both Abedin and Weiner "potentially" committed crimes. He says Abedin, in particular, was not prosecuted as he could not "prove criminal intent."

"James Comey revealed that Huma Abedin, a top aide to Hillary Clinton, forwarded thousands of emails, including classified information, to her husband, Anthony Weiner."

So if I run a red light should the cop automatically let me off if I say I didn't intend to do it?  How does he know I'm being truthful. How about I didn't intend to speed or I didn't intend to murder that person.

As far as I am concerned the case is closed but something still doesn't pass the smell test.

If the red light law required intent

the wis-dum of acrhie

IP Logged

Dying Breed
LNF Senior Staffer3

Reply #4 - May 3rd, 2017 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
billy.pilgrim wrote on May 3rd, 2017 at 5:21pm:
If the red light law required intent

Forwarding classified information to unauthorized parties without clearance is a crime. There's no grey area. Anthony Weiner is not authorized just because he's married to Abedin.

(a) Whoever knowingly and willfully communicates, furnishes, transmits, or otherwise makes available to an unauthorized person, or publishes, or uses in any manner prejudicial to the safety or interest of the United States or for the benefit of any foreign government to the detriment of the United States any classified information—

The term “unauthorized person” means any person who, or agency which, is not authorized to receive information of the categories set forth in subsection (a) of this section, by the President, or by the head of a department or agency of the United States Government which is expressly designated by the President to engage in communication intelligence activities for the United States.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/798

IP Logged

Goose
LNF Party Leader

There is no Try...Only
Do or Do Not

Reply #5 - May 3rd, 2017 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
hmm...

I am having all kinds of issues with this new term "intent".   People are arrested, charged and convicted on a daily basis that could claim they had no intent to break the law therefore they shouldn't be prosecuted.

I doubt that the number of people who call up a buddy and say "Hey you got anything going on tonight?  I was thinking we could go out and do some drunk driving, wanna go?", is very large is existent.

Even homicide is covered by this whole intent thing.  You can kill someone with ZERO intent and still be charge, tried and convicted of some type of homicide.

Intent here seems to also be utilized in place of knowledge, as in "they did not know they were breaking the law therefore there was no crime"..

A long standing precept in the justice system is ignorance of the law is no excuse.

Searching for "convicted of emailing classified information" yields several cases that are eerily similar in nature except someone is serving time.

I have never seen a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A little bird will fall dead, frozen from a bough, without ever having felt sorry for itself.--D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - May 3rd, 2017 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
Dying Breed wrote on May 3rd, 2017 at 5:24pm:
Forwarding classified information to unauthorized parties without clearance is a crime. There's no grey area. Anthony Weiner is not authorized just because he's married to Abedin.

(a) Whoever knowingly and willfully communicates, furnishes, transmits, or otherwise makes available to an unauthorized person, or publishes, or uses in any manner prejudicial to the safety or interest of the United States or for the benefit of any foreign government to the detriment of the United States any classified information—

The term “unauthorized person” means any person who, or agency which, is not authorized to receive information of the categories set forth in subsection (a) of this section, by the President, or by the head of a department or agency of the United States Government which is expressly designated by the President to engage in communication intelligence activities for the United States.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/798

Comey is the one saying that intent is the standard

the wis-dum of acrhie

IP Logged

The Wet Dreams of Mr Cousteau
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Never kiss a gibbon on
the mouth

Reply #7 - May 3rd, 2017 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
billy.pilgrim wrote on May 3rd, 2017 at 8:24pm:
Comey is the one saying that intent is the standard

Wouldn't the act of buying the server after signing a form stating you will only use the state department system show intent?

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - May 3rd, 2017 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
Goose wrote on May 3rd, 2017 at 8:10pm:
hmm...

I am having all kinds of issues with this new term "intent".   People are arrested, charged and convicted on a daily basis that could claim they had no intent to break the law therefore they shouldn't be prosecuted.

I doubt that the number of people who call up a buddy and say "Hey you got anything going on tonight?  I was thinking we could go out and do some drunk driving, wanna go?", is very large is existent.

Even homicide is covered by this whole intent thing.  You can kill someone with ZERO intent and still be charge, tried and convicted of some type of homicide.

Intent here seems to also be utilized in place of knowledge, as in "they did not know they were breaking the law therefore there was no crime"..

A long standing precept in the justice system is ignorance of the law is no excuse.

Searching for "convicted of emailing classified information" yields several cases that are eerily similar in nature except someone is serving time.

What about when the koch bros buy legislation to to allow corporate big boys to avoid the law with a, duh I didn't know clause

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/exposing-kochs-real-motive-reform-crim...

the wis-dum of acrhie

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #9 - May 3rd, 2017 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
billy.pilgrim wrote on May 3rd, 2017 at 8:31pm:
What about when the koch bros buy legislation to to allow corporate big boys to avoid the law with a, duh I didn't know clause

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/exposing-kochs-real-motive-reform-crim...

Thought we were discussing Comey.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Comey testified and absolutely destroyed all remaining strawmen

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog