Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Comey testified and absolutely destroyed all remaining strawmen
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Comey testified and absolutely destroyed all remaining strawmen (Read 865 times)
walkstall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus
LNF Bunker

WYSIWYG

Re: Comey testified and absolutely destroyed all remaining strawmen
Reply #20 - May 4th, 2017 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
katsung47 wrote on May 4th, 2017 at 7:42pm:
The fact is, he had 2 choices - to tarnish Clinton so Trump could win the election or otherwise to let Clinton win. You know when Trump is their candidate, what he would do.

This is just a cover up show when the rigged election was too evident.

The FBI and the CIA ask me on what board you are posting now.  So IF there someone is knocking at your door.  Good luck!!

Dem's new 2018 platform, we are trusted more than CNN!

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #21 - May 4th, 2017 at 8:05pm
Print Post  

Goose wrote on May 3rd, 2017 at 8:10pm:
I am having all kinds of issues with this new term "intent".

It's not a new term. 

Quote:
People are arrested, charged and convicted on a daily basis that could claim they had no intent to break the law therefore they shouldn't be prosecuted.

And do this quite frequently actually.

Quote:
Even homicide is covered by this whole intent thing.  You can kill someone with ZERO intent and still be charge, tried and convicted of some type of homicide.

There are several types of charges for killing someone. For example, involuntary manslaughter. Intent has a great to with what you're charged with and what you may be found guilty of. If you had no intent to kill someone you can even be found not guilty.

Quote:
Intent here seems to also be utilized in place of knowledge, as in "they did not know they were breaking the law therefore there was no crime"...

Ignorance of the law has been a defense against crimes.  Even an absolutist like Thomas Hobbes recognized ignorance could be an excuse.
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2017 at 8:45pm by Demos »  

IP Logged

Redbeard
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Obama- he lies!!

Reply #22 - May 4th, 2017 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
walkstall wrote on May 4th, 2017 at 7:50pm:
The FBI and the CIA ask me on what board you are posting now.  So IF there someone is knocking at your door.  Good luck!!

Your just pulling his leg Walks! Letting him know the FBI or CIA has contacted you about him could get you in trouble!
That is why I will niether confirm or deny if they have had any contact with me regarding him whether it be electronic or personal! Whatever Contact that I may have or not have had is strictly confidential!

Greg!

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF Majority Leader

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #23 - May 4th, 2017 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
Redbeard wrote on May 4th, 2017 at 8:24pm:
Your just pulling his leg Walks! Letting him know the FBI or CIA has contacted you about him could get you in trouble!
That is why I will niether confirm or deny if they have had any contact with me regarding him whether it be electronic or personal! Whatever Contact that I may have or not have had is strictly confidential!

the NSA knows  Cool

IP Logged

katsung47
LNF Representative

Reply #24 - May 18th, 2017 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
walkstall wrote on May 4th, 2017 at 7:50pm:

How much tips you got from it?

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #25 - May 18th, 2017 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
Goose wrote on May 3rd, 2017 at 8:10pm:
hmm...

I am having all kinds of issues with this new term "intent".   People are arrested, charged and convicted on a daily basis that could claim they had no intent to break the law therefore they shouldn't be prosecuted.

I doubt that the number of people who call up a buddy and say "Hey you got anything going on tonight?  I was thinking we could go out and do some drunk driving, wanna go?", is very large is existent.

Even homicide is covered by this whole intent thing.  You can kill someone with ZERO intent and still be charge, tried and convicted of some type of homicide.

Intent here seems to also be utilized in place of knowledge, as in "they did not know they were breaking the law therefore there was no crime"..

A long standing precept in the justice system is ignorance of the law is no excuse.

Searching for "convicted of emailing classified information" yields several cases that are eerily similar in nature except someone is serving time.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mens_rea

There is a difference between intent and ignorance of the law.

It's not the place of the investigating authority to decide such matters, it's for the jury

This really is elementary stuff, guys.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Comey testified and absolutely destroyed all remaining strawmen

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog