Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Verses of Violence in the Quran
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Verses of Violence in the Quran (Read 1,128 times)
wolf news
LNF Staffer

Editor at wolfnewstoday.com

Verses of Violence in the Quran
May 17th, 2017 at 9:58am
Print Post  
How can Liberals claim that Islam is a religion of peace if the Quran has over 109 verses of violence in it. What do yall think about the Quran and Muhammad?
http://wolfnewstoday.com/america/islam-a-religion-of-violence

Editor at wolfnewstoday.com
IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Verses of Violence in the Quran
Reply #1 - May 17th, 2017 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
wolf news wrote on May 17th, 2017 at 9:58am:
How can Liberals claim that Islam is a religion of peace if the Quran has over 109 verses of violence in it. What do yall think about the Quran and Muhammad?
http://wolfnewstoday.com/america/islam-a-religion-of-violence

I don’t think liberals in general make such a claim.

I certainly don't and I am what you would call a "liberal".

Like all religions,  it has a very old and mostly unread Holy Text which has disgusting passages that any moral person wouldn't wipe their arse with.

The old Testament is no better.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #2 - May 18th, 2017 at 3:47am
Print Post  
Limey wrote on May 17th, 2017 at 5:54pm:
I don’t think liberals in general make such a claim.

I certainly don't and I am what you would call a "liberal".

Like all religions,  it has a very old and mostly unread Holy Text which has disgusting passages that any moral person wouldn't wipe their arse with.

The old Testament is no better.

The contention is that Christians don't read their OT as assiduously as the Muslims do their Koran. So their religion is as crappy as theirs but they (the Christians) don't know it.

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - May 18th, 2017 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 3:47am:
The contention is that Christians don't read their OT as assiduously as the Muslims do their Koran. So their religion is as crappy as theirs but they (the Christians) don't know it.

Makes sense.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - Jun 7th, 2017 at 9:33am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 3:47am:

They seem to understand this part well enough to dump their hate of evil preexisting coditions on the less than fortunate among us

Lev. 21:16-23

16 The Lord said to Moses, 17 “Say to Aaron: ‘For the generations to come none of your descendants who has a defect may come near to offer the food of his God. 18 No man who has any defect may come near: no man who is blind or lame, disfigured or deformed; 19 no man with a crippled foot or hand, 20 or who is a hunchback or a dwarf, or who has any eye defect, or who has festering or running sores or damaged testicles. 21 No descendant of Aaron the priest who has any defect is to come near to present the food offerings to the Lord. He has a defect; he must not come near to offer the food of his God. 22 He may eat the most holy food of his God, as well as the holy food; 23 yet because of his defect, he must not go near the curtain or approach the altar, and so desecrate my sanctuary. I am the Lord, who makes them holy.’”

the wis-dum of acrhie
"I am sure Trump is like me."
"There is no capitalism under Obama’s rule. He is a fu8&^ communist."

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - Jun 7th, 2017 at 9:36am
Print Post  
billy.pilgrim wrote on Jun 7th, 2017 at 9:33am:
They seem to understand this part well enough to dump their hate of evil preexisting coditions on the less than fortunate among us

Lev. 21:16-23

16 The Lord said to Moses, 17 “Say to Aaron: ‘For the generations to come none of your descendants who has a defect may come near to offer the food of his God. 18 No man who has any defect may come near: no man who is blind or lame, disfigured or deformed; 19 no man with a crippled foot or hand, 20 or who is a hunchback or a dwarf, or who has any eye defect, or who has festering or running sores or damaged testicles. 21 No descendant of Aaron the priest who has any defect is to come near to present the food offerings to the Lord. He has a defect; he must not come near to offer the food of his God. 22 He may eat the most holy food of his God, as well as the holy food; 23 yet because of his defect, he must not go near the curtain or approach the altar, and so desecrate my sanctuary. I am the Lord, who makes them holy.’”

It looks like "god" invented eugenics...

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - Jun 7th, 2017 at 10:38am
Print Post  
The problem of unbelievers is ignorance of the Bible and context.  It is SOOO easy to take scripture out of context and quite honestly your ignorance of the Creator blinds you.  Jesus, is God in the flesh and the teachings of the New Testament does not charge us with anything that runs contrary to his law.  He reserves judgement for himself on the day of judgement.  We are not commanded to kill unbelievers, we are commanded to reach out to unbelievers and share his message, he reserves the right of judgement on that day.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - Jun 7th, 2017 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jun 7th, 2017 at 10:38am:
The problem of unbelievers is ignorance of the Bible and context.  It is SOOO easy to take scripture out of context and quite honestly your ignorance of the Creator blinds you.  Jesus, is God in the flesh and the teachings of the New Testament does not charge us with anything that runs contrary to his law.  He reserves judgement for himself on the day of judgement.  We are not commanded to kill unbelievers, we are commanded to reach out to unbelievers and share his message, he reserves the right of judgement on that day.

Seriously, I don't have the ability to rationalize cherry picking from the OT while ignoring the viciousness of Moses and the general  hate found throughout this leviticus scary man.

How do you hate muslims for their silly book, but praise moses

the wis-dum of acrhie
"I am sure Trump is like me."
"There is no capitalism under Obama’s rule. He is a fu8&^ communist."

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - Jun 7th, 2017 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
billy.pilgrim wrote on Jun 7th, 2017 at 11:16am:
Seriously, I don't have the ability to rationalize cherry picking from the OT while ignoring the viciousness of Moses and the general  hate found throughout this leviticus scary man.

How do you hate muslims for their silly book, but praise moses

No, you just don't have the ability to dicuss the Bible with any authority.  Your question is silly and irrelevant.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #9 - Jun 7th, 2017 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jun 7th, 2017 at 12:58pm:
No, you just don't have the ability to dicuss the Bible with any authority.  Your question is silly and irrelevant.

Nice dodge! Well not really nice actually, it's a rather crappy dodge to tell you the truth but I was trying to be supportive.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › Verses of Violence in the Quran

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules