Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › - why dont liberals know what the President can do legally?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) - why dont liberals know what the President can do legally? (Read 482 times)
Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Re: - why dont liberals know what the President can do legally?
Reply #20 - May 17th, 2017 at 4:42pm
Print Post  

admin wrote on May 17th, 2017 at 2:46pm:
- what Constitutional law he cant tell the FBI how to investigate or not? - no such law

Gonna come back to this briefly...

Quote:
Second, by interfering with a pending investigation of his campaign officials, business associates, and government appointees, the President would violate the Constitution.  Article II, Section 3 of the Constitution requires that the President “Take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed.” The President’s obligations under the clause refer to a “law” to be “executed” “faithfully.” As such, the President’s Take Care obligations must meet the “law” at issue.  Federal prosecutors and law enforcement officials derive law enforcement role from the President’s constitutional Take Care Clause obligation. However, Congress created the Department, created the FBI, and established their investigative and prosecutorial responsibilities by means of legislation. Therefore, the President’s constitutional obligations flow from the integrity of those functions as provided for by law, rather than the Department’s position below the President on an organizational chart within the Executive Branch.

And if all this is true he may violated the WH's own contact policy...

Quote:
The Trump White House contacts policy articulates the purpose “to ensure that DOJ exercises its investigatory and prosecutorial functions free from the fact or appearance of improper political influence.”

The Comey Memorandum and the Take Care Clause

Yeah, yeah, yeah fake news, etc., etc.
« Last Edit: May 17th, 2017 at 4:54pm by Demos »  

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #21 - May 17th, 2017 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
admin wrote on May 17th, 2017 at 2:40pm:
- why dont liberals know what the President can do legally?
- is it their propaganda method?
- or are they misinformed or ignorant?

- examples
- the President can legally use intel as he wants to
- the President runs the FBI and can instruct them like the director on investigations

To be fair to our leftist-libbie friends, *I* didn't know for fact that the President could do those things. I never really thought about it before. I just assumed that he could.

"Diamonds are forever...and so are the Four Horsewomen!"

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #22 - May 17th, 2017 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
Forgive me please as an outside voice (not a foreigner...  Obviously,  you guys are the foreigners 😁).

I understand from media that Mr. Trump is accused of spilling superdooper secret shit.

I also understand that he is perfectly entitled to do so as President of the rebel Colony.

I said this before on another thread....  Do you people not understand the difference between "legal" and "right"?

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #23 - May 17th, 2017 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on May 17th, 2017 at 5:37pm:
To be fair to our leftist-libbie friends, *I* didn't know for fact that the President could do those things. I never really thought about it before. I just assumed that he could.

There are a whole lot of things that poster here on LNF say as if that makes their statement factual.  I much prefer it when opinions are backed up with facts and a link is provided.

Sometimes there isn't a supporting link; this is one of those times. A few days ago one or more of our Liberal friends here at LNF were ranting about Trump having broken the law if he had taped Comey in the Whitehouse.  They said that "Washington DC is a two party consent state and it's illegal to tape a conversation without the other party's knowledge and consent." I let this go by.  I didn't know at that time.  Later that same evening Judge Jeanine was on Hannity and said although we don't know for sure if Trump did or did not tape Comey, " Washington DC is a one party consent district and it is not illegal in Washington to tape someone without their consent".  This is the complete opposite from what the Lefties here were "trumping up" as if because they say it is so, that makes it so.

http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/district-columbia-recording-law

(snip)
DC Wiretapping Law

"The District of Columbia's wiretapping law is a "one-party consent" law. DC makes it a crime to record a phone call or conversation unless one party to the conversation consents. See D.C. Code § 23-542. Thus, if you operate in DC, you may record a conversation or phone call if you are a party to the conversation or you get permission from one party to the conversation in advance. That said, if you intend to record conversations involving people located in more than one state, you should play it safe and get the consent of all parties."

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #24 - May 17th, 2017 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
The Original Wally wrote on May 17th, 2017 at 6:12pm:
There are a whole lot of things that poster here on LNF say as if that makes their statement factual.  I much prefer it when opinions are backed up with facts and a link is provided.

Sometimes there isn't a supporting link; this is one of those times. A few days ago one or more of our Liberal friends here at LNF were ranting about Trump having broken the law if he had taped Comey in the Whitehouse.  They said that "Washington DC is a two party consent state and it's illegal to tape a conversation without the other party's knowledge and consent." I let this go by.  I didn't know at that time.  Later that same evening Judge Jeanine was on Hannity and said although we don't know for sure if Trump did or did not tape Comey, " Washington DC is a one party consent district and it is not illegal in Washington to tape someone without their consent".  This is the complete opposite from what the Lefties here were "trumping up" as if because they say it is so, that makes it so.

http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/district-columbia-recording-law

(snip)
DC Wiretapping Law

"The District of Columbia's wiretapping law is a "one-party consent" law. DC makes it a crime to record a phone call or conversation unless one party to the conversation consents. See D.C. Code § 23-542. Thus, if you operate in DC, you may record a conversation or phone call if you are a party to the conversation or you get permission from one party to the conversation in advance. That said, if you intend to record conversations involving people located in more than one state, you should play it safe and get the consent of all parties."

Yep. From the link you provided:

Quote:
The District of Columbia's wiretapping law is a "one-party consent" law. DC makes it a crime to record a phone call or conversation unless one party to the conversation consents. See D.C. Code § 23-542. Thus, if you operate in DC, you may record a conversation or phone call if you are a party to the conversation or you get permission from one party to the conversation in advance.

"Diamonds are forever...and so are the Four Horsewomen!"

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the

Reply #25 - May 17th, 2017 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on May 17th, 2017 at 6:16pm:
Yep. From the link you provided:

All Liberals are as repelled by facts as a Vampire is from a cross held up before them.....

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #26 - May 17th, 2017 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
The Original Wally wrote on May 17th, 2017 at 6:24pm:
All Liberals are as repelled by facts as a Vampire is from a cross held up before them.....

Oh behave!  😁

We all saw you failing to engage facts on the cannabis legalisation thread, you big humbug.

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the

Reply #27 - May 17th, 2017 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on May 17th, 2017 at 6:27pm:
Oh behave!  😁

We all saw you failing to engage facts on the cannabis legalisation thread, you big humbug.

You are demonstrating your Reefer Madness!   Grin

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #28 - May 17th, 2017 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
The Original Wally wrote on May 17th, 2017 at 6:38pm:
You are demonstrating your Reefer Madness!   Grin

Hey, lightweight,  did you have a glass of rosé? 😁

I haven't had The Weed since 2003.

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the

Reply #29 - May 17th, 2017 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on May 17th, 2017 at 6:41pm:
Hey, lightweight,  did you have a glass of rosé? 😁

I haven't had The Weed since 2003.

This probably relates to the Original Post.  Why don't liberals know what the President can do legally?  Answer:  Most of them are so wasted they have a hard enough time getting up off the floor!

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › - why dont liberals know what the President can do legally?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog