Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Either Comey's committed a felony or the charges against Trump are bogus
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Either Comey's committed a felony or the charges against Trump are bogus (Read 1,460 times)
Josie
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Rubio Republican

Re: Either Comey's committed a felony or the charges against Trump are bogus
Reply #30 - May 17th, 2017 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on May 17th, 2017 at 5:44pm:
The January 24th clearing (the NY Post story screenshot in the tweet links to a Washington Post story (fake news!!!)) seems to relate to the phone calls. It doesn't appear he was completely cleared in other aspects of the investigation. It also seems like the FBI was looking into whether he had lied to them after that January 24th headline.

I'll try to explain it again.

Here is the full article from my screenshot (not fake news btw)

FBI clears Michael Flynn in probe linking him to Russia

Quote:
The FBI has reviewed intercepted phone calls between national security adviser Michael Flynn and the Russian ambassador to the US and has found no evidence of wrongdoing, it was revealed Monday.

The calls were made in late December and picked up as part of routine electronic surveillance of Russian officials. They did not reveal any illicit ties between Flynn and Russia, according to the Washington Post.

The review of the calls was part of a wider probe into Russia’s interference in the presidential election and hacking of the Democratic National Committee.

http://nypost.com/2017/01/24/fbi-clears-michael-flynn-in-probe-linking-him-to-ru...

FBI probe ended Jan 24 2017.

Other committees are still investigating Flynn for other things, but the FBI is not as of 1/24/2017.... which is BEFORE Comey claims Trump asked him to stop investigating Flynn...

IP Logged

Jasmine
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker
Conservative Caucus

God Bless America!

Reply #31 - May 17th, 2017 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
People are assuming that they know Trump's intent when he apparently said "I hope you can let this go." They automatically assume the worst.

It very well could be that Trump simply meant something along the lines of "I hope this goes away so you don't have to deal with this anymore."

It should also be noted that "hoping" is a far cry from directing, or demanding, or instructing.

If I were having dinner with the FBI Director and I said (as I always do), "I hope Hillary just drops dead already," that doesn't mean I'm telling him to have Hillary killed.

"Diamonds are forever...and so are the Four Horsewomen!"

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #32 - May 17th, 2017 at 5:59pm
Print Post  

Josie wrote on May 17th, 2017 at 5:53pm:

Already read the article and the Washington Post article it was referring to, which was about Flynn's phone calls with the Kislyak.

That apparently wasn't all there was to investigate. So, I'll try to explain it again.

After that Jan 24th article, the FBI began looking into whether Flynn lied to them. It also appears - based on reporting after Jan 24th - that he wasn't completely cleared from the investigation, as in there may have been other areas aside from the phone calls that the FBI was looking at, such as contact during the election.

Glad to know that at least some things the mainstream press reports aren't fake news, btw.

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #33 - May 17th, 2017 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on May 17th, 2017 at 5:54pm:
People are assuming that they know Trump's intent when he apparently said "I hope you can let this go." They automatically assume the worst.

It very well could be that Trump simply meant something along the lines of "I hope this goes away so you don't have to deal with this anymore."

It should also be noted that "hoping" is a far cry from directing, or demanding, or instructing.

If I were having dinner with the FBI Director and I said (as I always do), "I hope Hillary just drops dead already," that doesn't mean I'm telling him to have Hillary killed.

Good Point! But, we don't even know if there are any notes.  The report doesn't name the person who told them what Comey's personal notes say. It has yet to be produced or authenticated. (remember Dan Rather's hyping of a document about George Bush's military service record that turned out to be forged and ended his career as "a Journalist").  This was before Brian Williams got fired for making up FAKE NEWS!

It will be interesting to hear the question asked and answered by Comey when he testifies before COngress.

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #34 - May 17th, 2017 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
Josie wrote on May 17th, 2017 at 5:53pm:
I'll try to explain it again.

FBI clears Michael Flynn in probe linking him to Russia

http://nypost.com/2017/01/24/fbi-clears-michael-flynn-in-probe-linking-him-to-ru...

FBI probe ended Jan 24 2017.

Other committees are still investigating Flynn for other things, but the FBI is not as of 1/24/2017.... which is BEFORE Comey claims Trump asked him to stop investigating Flynn...

Your link doesn't say the investigation of Flynn was dropped or closed.  It says that the phone calls he made that one day were not "wrongdoing".  Only the headline says he was "cleared", but not the body of the article.

Flynn is still under investigation as part of the wider FBI investigation.  Flynn has repeatedly offered to testify if someone would grant him immunity.  If he were cleared, he wouldn't need immunity.

Nominated for 2016...
- Liberal of the Year
- Conservative of the Year
- Centrist of the Year

IP Logged

Josie
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Rubio Republican

Reply #35 - May 17th, 2017 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on May 17th, 2017 at 5:59pm:
Already read the article and the Washington Post article it was referring to, which was about Flynn's phone calls with the Kislyak.

That apparently wasn't all there was to investigate. So, I'll try to explain it again.

After that Jan 24th article, the FBI began looking into whether Flynn lied to them. It also appears - based on reporting after Jan 24th - that he wasn't completely cleared from the investigation, as in there may have been other areas aside from the phone calls that the FBI was looking at, such as contact during the election.

Glad to know that at least some things the mainstream press reports aren't fake news, btw.

You are wrong. Please show me one single article of proof that Michael Flynn is still under FBI investigation since January 24 2017, just one.

The FBI cleared him of what they were investigating him for and then the other items you mentioned are being investigated under the house and senate intelligence committees.

Also the Pentagon inspector general is investigating Flynn

The last interview Flynn had with the FBI was on Jan 24 then they cleared him and the investigations went elsewhere.

Once Flynn was cleared by FBI that was it for their part in the investigation.... show me otherwise or admit I'm right.

Here is a full timeline of events... once they show the FBI interview on the 24th before they cleared Flynn you no longer see anything at all about the FBI investigating him further.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-trump-flynn-comey-russia-timeline-2017...

Michael Flynn has not been under FBI investigation since Jan 24 2017 days before Comey claims Trump asked him to stop investigating Flynn...
There was ZERO reason for Trump to ask Comey to stop something he wasn't even doing anymore, zero!

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #36 - May 17th, 2017 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
Josie wrote on May 17th, 2017 at 6:29pm:
You are wrong. Please show me one single article of proof that Michael Flynn is still under FBI investigation since January 24 2017, just one.

The FBI cleared him of what they were investigating him for and then the other items you mentioned are being investigated under the house and senate intelligence committees.

http://i.imgur.com/MnL0s25l.png

Also the Pentagon inspector general is investigating Flynn

http://i.imgur.com/KvOpYNll.png

The last interview Flynn had with the FBI was on Jan 24 then they cleared him and the investigations went elsewhere.

http://i.imgur.com/zZcfcvOl.png

Once Flynn was cleared by FBI that was it for their part in the investigation.... show me otherwise or admit I'm right.

Here is a full timeline of events... once they show the FBI interview on the 24th before they cleared Flynn you no longer see anything at all about the FBI investigating him further.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-trump-flynn-comey-russia-timeline-2017...

Michael Flynn has not been under FBI investigation since Jan 24 2017 days before Comey claims Trump asked him to stop investigating Flynn...
There was ZERO reason for Trump to ask Comey to stop something he wasn't even doing anymore, zero!

BINGO!

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #37 - May 17th, 2017 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
The FBI is running a counter-intelligence investigation looking at the Russian actions to manipulate the election.  Part of this investigation is looking at how the Trump team may have collaborated with the Russians.  Flynn was part of the Trump campaign.  That investigation IS STILL OPEN.  They have NOT shut down that investigation.

No one has charged Flynn with a crime at this point.  But neither have they given him a clean bill of health.  He was part of the team, the team is still being investigated, and there is no reason to believe that they will not look into Flynn again if at some point they have reason to do so.

You are stating this like Flynn was in a courtroom trial, he was cleared, and now he is proven innocent.  Nothing like that has happened.

Nominated for 2016...
- Liberal of the Year
- Conservative of the Year
- Centrist of the Year

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #38 - May 17th, 2017 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
Josie wrote on May 17th, 2017 at 6:29pm:
Please show me one single article of proof that Michael Flynn is still under FBI investigation since January 24 2017, just one.

A Feb 14 article stating he's still under investigation has already been posted, and you still haven't addressed that other than to keep pointing back to the Jan 24 article about his calls with Kislyak.

IP Logged

Josie
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Rubio Republican

Reply #39 - May 17th, 2017 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on May 17th, 2017 at 6:40pm:
A Feb 14 article stating he's still under investigation has already been posted, and you still haven't addressed that other than to keep pointing back to the Jan 24 article about his calls with Kislyak.

Well clearly I haven't seen it, please direct me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Either Comey's committed a felony or the charges against Trump are bogus

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog