Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › How much of President Trump's problems are of his own doing?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) How much of President Trump's problems are of his own doing? (Read 766 times)
Possibly Logical
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Re: How much of President Trump's problems are of his own doing?
Reply #10 - May 18th, 2017 at 4:01am
Print Post  
Jasmine wrote on May 17th, 2017 at 5:26pm:
Please reply with one of the numerical options below:

3 - Completely of his own doing. His big mouth and incompetence are the root of his problems as President

2 - Some or largely of his own doing. Many of these problems could have been avoided, but I'm not discounting the effects of our largely anti-Trump media

1 - None of his own doing. Trump is simply the victim of a dishonest media effort that is out to destroy his presidency and his agenda, with the Democrats and even some Republicans rooting them on

I say "2." Trump isn't completely to blame, but he does little to help his own cause.

3. There is crappy media on both sides of the aisle. Obama had to deal with the same types of things, as did Bush. They didn't whine nearly as much.

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #11 - May 18th, 2017 at 5:13am
Print Post  
Vypr wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 2:16am:
Ok, so, for example, why did he lie about the inauguration crowd size? It was day 1 and he started by lying. Did his evil detractors make him do it? Or what? Obviously, there are many many instances of him spouting bullshit, but this was already bullshit on day 1 and no one made him do it. It was the start of a pattern as President that we already saw when he was a candidate. He is a serial liar. His supporters thought, "that's just Donald being Donald....MAGA!!", but no. He simply can't help himself. It's a compulsive behavior for him. His detractors aren't making him into a serial liar. That's all him.

Congratulations, this is one of your most innane posts.

I'll go with number 2 with a huge emphasis on the part regarding the anti-Trump crowd.
They have been viscious with their hate.

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Party Leader

Reply #12 - May 18th, 2017 at 5:44am
Print Post  

3 - Completely of his own doing. His big mouth and incompetence are the root of his problems as President

2 - Some or largely of his own doing. Many of these problems could have been avoided, but I'm not discounting the effects of our largely anti-Trump media

1 - None of his own doing. Trump is simply the victim of a dishonest media effort that is out to destroy his presidency and his agenda, with the Democrats and even some Republicans rooting them on

I say "2." Trump isn't completely to blame, but he does little to help his own cause.

That cannot be true Jas

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #13 - May 18th, 2017 at 6:43am
Print Post  

I agree with you, there is deffinitly an effort to remove him.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #14 - May 18th, 2017 at 6:55am
Print Post  

I agree with you.  Trump is not real smooth and he often opens mouth and inserts foot.  As far as the media; they are best characterized by the first question put to him in the first debate, when the 'objective' moderator referred to him as " a clown" and "how can anyone take you seriously".  Ted Cruz had his finest campaign moment when he took the media to task and defended Donald Trump!  Remember?  The media's been using this same tactic, ever since. They are pissed off because only the radical Left seems to be buying it. Then again, the Democrat Party and the media are controlled by the Radical Left!

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #15 - May 18th, 2017 at 7:49am
Print Post  
Trump is mostly a victim of his own shortcomings, ignorance, and hubris.

The press is doing its job.  The press is supposed to challenge our public officials.  They were hammering Obama too.  You conservatives here on LNF were posting links and snippets during all 8 years of his terms in office. 

The press came down hard on Hillary as well -- including on that email server.  Comey (AND his team) investigated that server issue and basically kept a running log for the media to report on.  They determined that there wasn't enough to make any charges stick, careless as she was, but the damage was already done in the final week of the campaign.

Similarly, the press was Trump's biggest booster during his primary campaign.  His press coverage dwarfed that of all the other republican candidates combined.  He was on display, warts and all, and he loved it.

These problems Trump keeps having are his own doing.  He didn't have to fire Comey, or botch the firing so badly, or invite the Russians into the oval office the next day, or spontaneously hand over sensitive intel.  He didn't have to keep changing his story, or keep his own team in the dark.

He's acting like the affable-but-supremely narcissistic ignoramus he's always been -- so this is no surprise.

Nominated for 2016...
- Liberal of the Year
- Conservative of the Year
- Centrist of the Year

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #16 - May 18th, 2017 at 8:01am
Print Post  
Does any one else have the desire to see what proof there is for proof that  a Special Prosecutor needed to be appointed?  HUas sour nation changed so much that people really believe that a S.P, should be appointed to find out if there is any proof that a S.P. should be appointed.

Also, I'd like to see proof that Trump or his people colluded with the Russians.  So far, no one has shown me any.  What is the proof of a crime?

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #17 - May 18th, 2017 at 8:09am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 8:01am:
Does any one else have the desire to see what proof there is for proof that  a Special Prosecutor needed to be appointed?  HUas sour nation changed so much that people really believe that a S.P, should be appointed to find out if there is any proof that a S.P. should be appointed.

Also, I'd like to see proof that Trump or his people colluded with the Russians.  So far, no one has shown me any.  What is the proof of a crime?

The appointment of a Special Prosecutor is a political call. The Democrats, together with a handful of NERVERTRUMP Republicans, led by John McCain,have successfully undermined the confidence in our DOJ to get to the bottom of this inflated scandal.  This last "Comey Memo" story drove more Republicans into the cowardly camp.  Now the matter will haunt this Administration for many years. Special Prosecutors move very slowly and very ittle comes out about what they are doing, yet the Democrats will continue to equate the Russian Investigation to "President Trump is under investigation by a Special Prosecutor, which had to be appointed because his appointments to the DOJ were so corrupt they couldn't be trusted to do the job".

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #18 - May 18th, 2017 at 8:31am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 8:01am:

The purpose of the investigation is to gather evidence and see if there is proof.  Right now, there is a lot of stuff suggesting collusion, but no smoking gun.  But if we see smoke, it is not unreasonable to start looking around for fire.  You seem to be putting the cart before the horse.

Also, a lot of what's been gathered so far is classified.  But here's what there IS:

- The Russians actively worked to undermine the US election on several fronts.  There is wide agreement in the intel community on this.

- The Russians hated Clinton, mainly for her "meddling" with Ukrainian independence from Russia.  They loved Trump, and there is a long history of business ties and contacts supporting that.

- The Trump campaign had a lot of communications with the Russians during the campaign, and many of them had worked on behalf of the Russians before the campaign.  Certainly they are allowed to do that, but the level of communication was unusual.  And while there is no way to have complete reporting on those contacts, the intel community has looked at what they DO have and made an assessment that there's enough to warrant an investigation.

- Trump and his team have acted in a secretive manner.  Many people on his team did not divulge their contacts with the Russians on their security paperwork prior to being vetted (including Flynn, Sessions, and Kushner), for instance.  And there is this small matter of Trump asking Comey to shut down the investigation.

Nominated for 2016...
- Liberal of the Year
- Conservative of the Year
- Centrist of the Year

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Trolls exterminated while
you wait.

Reply #19 - May 18th, 2017 at 10:08am
Print Post  
patrick2 wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 2:26am:
There's no way of getting an exact count of the crowd.  He made an estimate, and the park service, probably one of the most left wing organizations in the deep state, made theirs.

Yea.. Who you gonna believe.. Trump or your lying eyes..

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › How much of President Trump's problems are of his own doing?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog