Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › DOJ Names Special Counsel to Investigate Russian Ties
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) DOJ Names Special Counsel to Investigate Russian Ties (Read 781 times)
forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Re: DOJ Names Special Counsel to Investigate Russian Ties
Reply #30 - May 18th, 2017 at 8:48am
Print Post  
This "special counsel" thing has got to be killing Trump, given that he was in the process of picking a new FBI director.  I imagine he thought he'd get to pick someone more "loyal", or who might even pledge their loyalty in the job interview, and have them put a damper on the FBI.

The whole point of a special counsel is to operate independently, totally outside the control of the white house.  Sad!

Nominated for 2016...
- Liberal of the Year
- Conservative of the Year
- Centrist of the Year

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #31 - May 18th, 2017 at 9:08am
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 8:48am:
This "special counsel" thing has got to be killing Trump, given that he was in the process of picking a new FBI director.  I imagine he thought he'd get to pick someone more "loyal", or who might even pledge their loyalty in the job interview, and have them put a damper on the FBI.

The whole point of a special counsel is to operate independently, totally outside the control of the white house.  Sad!

Trump fought the hardest uphill battle that anyone running for President has ever had to fight.  Against all odds, he inspired millions of Americans to support him.  I am proud to be one of these.

It now appears that as hard as it was, campaigning and getting elected may have been the easy part!   Now President Trump is going to have to just keep on truckin on behalf of the American people.  Those who oppose him will never stop trying to destroy him and everything he is attempting to accomplish.  Unfortunately, this includes some Republicans who are so deeply entrenched in maintaining the status quo, that Trump is their mortal enemy, even if he is a Republican himself.

I am confident that President Trump can and will do everything he can to deliver on what he has promised.  All the Democrats, including the media and some Republicans will try to stop him every step of the way.  It will be the American people who will ultimately rally around this populist President as they get sick and tired of the members of the elite Oligarchy and their sycophants in the media who are responsible for all that is wrong with our government!

As far as the Special Prosecutor goes, if Trump has committed no crime, then the only harm that can come to him is the constant mantra from the left, "The President is under Investigation".  So what's new!  Grin

(as Mueller casts his net, he may even catch some Democrats who have committed crimes)

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Trolls exterminated while
you wait.

Reply #32 - May 18th, 2017 at 9:57am
Print Post  
The Original Wally wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 9:08am:
Trump fought the hardest uphill battle that anyone running for President has ever had to fight.

Indeed... Trump succeeded despite being a privileged billionaire white male.    He persevered in the face of Russian hacking leading to the use of Wikileaks as an agent for a hostile government to meddle with our election, voter suppression in North Carolina and Wisconsin and FBI Director Comey’s willful and intentional release of documents suggesting criminal wrongdoing a week before the presidential election .. .

Yep.. Trump had it hard.

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF House Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #33 - May 18th, 2017 at 10:02am
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 9:57am:
Indeed... Trump succeeded despite being a privileged billionaire white male.    He persevered in the face of Russian hacking leading to the use of Wikileaks as an agent for a hostile government to meddle with our election, voter suppression in North Carolina and Wisconsin and FBI Director Comey’s willful and intentional release of documents suggesting criminal wrongdoing a week before the presidential election .. .

Yep.. Trump had it hard.

Harder than any politician ever in the history of the world

Ain't that the whine he used to the young coast guard graduates

the wis-dum of acrhie
"I am sure Trump is like me."
"There is no capitalism under Obama’s rule. He is a fu8&^ communist."

IP Logged

TentaJones
LNF Senior Staffer

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #34 - May 18th, 2017 at 10:28am
Print Post  

Some people won't he happy until they hear that Mueller has ordered the construction of a guillotine on the White House lawn. I will not be one of those people because I believe that it would be far better to borrow one from the French than to build one and then have it sitting around rusting.

IP Logged

walkstall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus
LNF Bunker

WYSIWYG

Reply #35 - May 18th, 2017 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
TentaJones wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 10:28am:
Some people won't he happy until they hear that Mueller has ordered the construction of a guillotine on the White House lawn. I will not be one of those people because I believe that it would be far better to borrow one from the French than to build one and then have it sitting around rusting.

IF not needed for Trump keep it around.  As we have b o and all of his administrative team along with Hillary and her people.

Only a fool think we can give free health care and not have our premiums skyrocket every year.
"Where is the $2,500 in savings Democrats and Obama promised me?" 

Obama on FBI: We Don't Operate on Innuendo.  LOL 

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #36 - May 18th, 2017 at 12:19pm
Print Post  

This thread seems like as good a place as any to put this...

Quote:
Retired Gen. Michael Flynn will not cooperate with the Senate intelligence committee's subpoena request for documents regarding the former national security adviser's interactions with Russian officials.

"Gen. Flynn's lawyers said he would not honor the subpoena, and that's not a surprise to the committee, but we'll figure out on Gen. Flynn what the next step, if any, is," committee chairman Richard Burr, a North Carolina Republican, told reporters Thursday morning.

The committee, which is conducting an investigation of Russian interference in the election separate from the Justice Department, issued the subpoena last Wednesday...

Source

Possible next steps: "Flynn reportedly refuses to honor Senate Intel subpoena. Next step either immunity, if 5th A privilege, or contempt." - Alex Whiting

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: DOJ Names Special Counsel to Investigate Trump's Russian Ties
Reply #37 - May 18th, 2017 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
walkstall wrote on May 17th, 2017 at 10:35pm:
Even when proven the DOJ did not do a thing. 
http://plancksconstant.org/blog1/image3/sub1/hillary-jail.jpg

Mr. Comey said, there had to be evidence that Mrs. Clinton intentionally transmitted or willfully mishandled classified information. The F.B.I. found neither, and as a result, he said, “our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case.”

Can you say Trump did not intentionally try to obstruct an investigation?

"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
H. L. Mencken, July 26, 1920

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #38 - May 18th, 2017 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
Josie wrote on May 17th, 2017 at 11:36pm:

Sounds like a good pick to me.  Let the investigation begin. Smiley

"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #39 - May 18th, 2017 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
The Original Wally wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 9:08am:
Trump fought the hardest uphill battle that anyone running for President has ever had to fight.  Against all odds, he inspired millions of Americans to support him.  I am proud to be one of these.

It now appears that as hard as it was, campaigning and getting elected may have been the easy part!   Now President Trump is going to have to just keep on truckin on behalf of the American people.  Those who oppose him will never stop trying to destroy him and everything he is attempting to accomplish.  Unfortunately, this includes some Republicans who are so deeply entrenched in maintaining the status quo, that Trump is their mortal enemy, even if he is a Republican himself.

I am confident that President Trump can and will do everything he can to deliver on what he has promised.  All the Democrats, including the media and some Republicans will try to stop him every step of the way.  It will be the American people who will ultimately rally around this populist President as they get sick and tired of the members of the elite Oligarchy and their sycophants in the media who are responsible for all that is wrong with our government!

As far as the Special Prosecutor goes, if Trump has committed no crime, then the only harm that can come to him is the constant mantra from the left, "The President is under Investigation".  So what's new!  Grin

(as Mueller casts his net, he may even catch some Democrats who have committed crimes)

You can't blame any of this on the media or the democrats.  All of Trump's problems fall in the lap of Trump.  When will you wingnuts take responsibility for you actions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › DOJ Names Special Counsel to Investigate Russian Ties

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog