Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Comey Under Oath: ‘Have Not Experienced Any Requests to Stop FBI Investigations’
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Comey Under Oath: ‘Have Not Experienced Any Requests to Stop FBI Investigations’ (Read 746 times)
Abe
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Comey Under Oath: ‘Have Not Experienced Any Requests to Stop FBI Investigations’
Reply #10 - May 18th, 2017 at 10:10am
Print Post  
Josie wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 10:09am:
It is proof... that was the actual transcript, but here it is from the Washington Post.

http://i.imgur.com/zbs6Cybl.png

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/05/03/read-the-full-te...

I give you three more posts before you want to bang you head against the wall for replying to you know who. Wink

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: Comey Under Oath: ‘Have Not Experienced Any Requests to Stop FBI Investigations’
Reply #11 - May 18th, 2017 at 10:30am
Print Post  
It is proof... that was the actual transcript, but here it is from the Washington Post.

http://i.imgur.com/zbs6Cybl.png

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/05/03/read-the-full-te...

But you left out the actual question

HIRONO: So if the Attorney General or senior officials at the Department of Justice opposes a specific investigation, can they halt that FBI investigation?

Nothing about thumper in the question

the wis-dum of acrhie
"I am sure Trump is like me."
"There is no capitalism under Obama’s rule. He is a fu8&^ communist."

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #12 - May 18th, 2017 at 11:47am
Print Post  

Gonna quote the full exchange before posing my hypothetical...

Quote:
HIRONO: So if the Attorney General or senior officials at the Department of Justice opposes a specific investigation, can they halt that FBI investigation?

COMEY: In theory yes.

HIRONO: Has it happened?

COMEY: Not in my experience. Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that -- without an appropriate purpose. I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don't see a case there and so you ought to stop investing resources in it. But I'm talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal. It's not happened in my experience.

So here's my hypothetical assuming what's been reported about the memo is true. Did Comey see Trump's comments in the vein of what I've italicized, i.e., that Trump opined he didn't see a case there, rather than telling him to stop for a political reason?

IP Logged

Josie
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Rubio Republican

Reply #13 - May 18th, 2017 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Demos wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 11:47am:
Gonna quote the full exchange before posing my hypothetical...

So here's my hypothetical assuming what's been reported about the memo is true. Did Comey see Trump's comments in the vein of what I've italicized, i.e., that Trump opined he didn't see a case there, rather than telling him to stop for a political reason?

It doesn't matter what she asked as he plainly states that "he is talking about a situation wehre he was told to stop something for political reasons" he goes on to say "it hasn't happened in his experience"... If Trump had actually asked him to stop the investigation, he was given the opportunity to say so in that moment, but instead he said he's never experienced anyone asking him to stop an investigation for political reasons....

Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

If Comey didn't see fit to bring it up at that point figuring it was just Trump opining why does he see fit to leak it now... what has changed other than Comey getting canned??

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #14 - May 18th, 2017 at 12:00pm
Print Post  

Josie wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 11:54am:
It doesn't matter what she asked...

I'm not talking about what was asked. I'm talking about what Comey said, specifically what I italicized.

He said that the FBI hasn't been asked to stop an investigation for political reasons. However, he did note that the Justice Dept has sometimes said they don't think there is a case with some of the investigations (this is the part I italicized).

So again, the hypothetical is: did Comey view Trump's comments as the later or rather than the former.

If you have Comey before a committee and you're asking him questions, you'll want to clarify how he viewed Trump's comments in light of what has been reported about the memo (assuming you don't already have copies of the memo) and the allegations stemming from it. And that goes to a lot of things, such as "Did Comey violate the law?" "Did obstruction occur?" Etc.

IP Logged

Josie
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Rubio Republican

Reply #15 - May 18th, 2017 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 12:00pm:
I'm not talking about what was asked. I'm talking about what Comey said, specifically what I italicized.

He said that the FBI hasn't been asked to stop an investigation for political reasons. However, he did note that the Justice Dept has sometimes said they don't think there is a case with some of the investigations (this is the part I italicized).

So again, the hypothetical is: did Comey view Trump's comments as the later or rather than the former.

If you have Comey before a committee and you're asking him questions, you'll want to clarify how he viewed Trump's comments in light of what has been reported about the memo (assuming you don't already have copies of the memo) and the allegations stemming from it. And that goes to a lot of things, such as "Did Comey violate the law?" "Did obstruction occur?" Etc.

Sorry, I was conflating your post and billy's.

If Comey saw Trumps comments as common practice as something commonly done by the Justice Department in the past, why are we even talking about this at all? Why would Comey feel the need to leak that portion of the 'memo' to the press.... this is ridiculous.

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #16 - May 18th, 2017 at 12:14pm
Print Post  

Josie wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 12:08pm:
If Comey saw Trumps comments as common practice as something commonly done by the Justice Department in the past, why are we even talking about this at all?

We're talking about it because lots of claims and allegations have been made about whether what was said constituted obstruction on Trump's part and possible violations on Comey's part (perjury, etc.) if he didn't report it.

Quote:
Why would Comey feel the need to leak that portion of the 'memo' to the press.... this is ridiculous.

I'll give you two options: 1) It wasn't viewed as obstruction, and this information is being leaked because its just more piss in Trump's cheerios in retaliation for the firing. 2) Someone (Comey or someone with access to the memos) feel it was obstruction.

IP Logged

Josie
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Rubio Republican

Reply #17 - May 18th, 2017 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 12:14pm:
We're talking about it because lots of claims and allegations have been made about whether what was said constituted obstruction on Trump's part and possible violations on Comey's part (perjury, etc.) if he didn't report it.

I'll give you two options: 1) It wasn't viewed as obstruction, and this information is being leaked because its just more piss in Trump's cheerios in retaliation for the firing. 2) Someone (Comey or someone with access to the memos) feel it was obstruction.

It option 1 for sure. Comey knows he's supposed to report obstruction to DOJ.

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #18 - May 18th, 2017 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
I agree that he has to report. Arrest him too - fine with me.

But he was only asked if he was under pressure from Justice. He answered correctly

the wis-dum of acrhie
"I am sure Trump is like me."
"There is no capitalism under Obama’s rule. He is a fu8&^ communist."

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #19 - May 18th, 2017 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
billy.pilgrim wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 9:57am:
Still no proof. Just another serial lying right wing rag

Can you link us the memo?

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Comey Under Oath: ‘Have Not Experienced Any Requests to Stop FBI Investigations’

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog