Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › The Media Elite Is Indulging Dangerous Fantasies About Removing Trump From Office
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) The Media Elite Is Indulging Dangerous Fantasies About Removing Trump From Office (Read 326 times)
Abe
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

The Media Elite Is Indulging Dangerous Fantasies About Removing Trump From Office
May 18th, 2017 at 8:34am
Print Post  
But we should be equally worried about the illegal leaks that have fueled the news this week. Understand what these leaks mean: an unelected fourth branch of the government, the administrative state, is trying desperately to undermine the duly elected leader of the executive branch. The press is on the side of the administrative state, and would like nothing more than to be rid of this troublesome president, whom nobody important voted for anyway.

The argument for removing Trump at this juncture amounts to an elitist desire to nullify the votes of some 63 million Americans.

But that’s a wholly insufficient basis on which to call for the president’s removal. It’s reckless to do so—not because there are no questions that need to be answered, but because having a bad president (even a stupid and childish one) isn’t reason enough to steal from the American people one of the few means they have left to exercise self-governance.

It should go without saying that we have entered a dangerous and volatile time in our history. What those in positions of influence say and do now might well have grave consequences in the near future. If you believe Trump is dangerous, that is understandable. Many of us believed Obama was dangerous, too.

The country staggers back and forth: the people reject their appointed rulers, civil society rests on a knife’s edge. Removing the president will not save the republic, but making serious arguments for doing so will certainly imperil it.

http://thefederalist.com/2017/05/17/media-elite-indulging-dangerous-fantasies-re...

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: The Media Elite Is Indulging Dangerous Fantasies About Removing Trump From Office
Reply #1 - May 18th, 2017 at 8:43am
Print Post  
The thinking portion of the 63 million are only now seeing the clown they mistakenly voted for

the wis-dum of acrhie
"I am sure Trump is like me."
"There is no capitalism under Obama’s rule. He is a fu8&^ communist."

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Re: The Media Elite Is Indulging Dangerous Fantasies About Removing Trump From Office
Reply #2 - May 18th, 2017 at 9:35am
Print Post  
Abe wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 8:34am:
But we should be equally worried about the illegal leaks that have fueled the news this week. Understand what these leaks mean: an unelected fourth branch of the government, the administrative state, is trying desperately to undermine the duly elected leader of the executive branch. The press is on the side of the administrative state, and would like nothing more than to be rid of this troublesome president, whom nobody important voted for anyway.

The argument for removing Trump at this juncture amounts to an elitist desire to nullify the votes of some 63 million Americans.

But that’s a wholly insufficient basis on which to call for the president’s removal. It’s reckless to do so—not because there are no questions that need to be answered, but because having a bad president (even a stupid and childish one) isn’t reason enough to steal from the American people one of the few means they have left to exercise self-governance.

It should go without saying that we have entered a dangerous and volatile time in our history. What those in positions of influence say and do now might well have grave consequences in the near future. If you believe Trump is dangerous, that is understandable. Many of us believed Obama was dangerous, too.

The country staggers back and forth: the people reject their appointed rulers, civil society rests on a knife’s edge. Removing the president will not save the republic, but making serious arguments for doing so will certainly imperil it.

http://thefederalist.com/2017/05/17/media-elite-indulging-dangerous-fantasies-re...

Impeachment requires evidence of a crime having been committed by the President.  This is why the media and the rest of the Democrats loudly used their painful tortured 'logic' to hype up a charge of "Obstruction of Justice' for  the Comey memo, which no one has actually seen (not even the Washington Post, who reported what an anonymous source told them they had "seen".  Too thin and pretty sad!  No there..there...even still!

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Abe
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - May 18th, 2017 at 9:37am
Print Post  
The Original Wally wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 9:35am:
Impeachment requires evidence of a crime having been committed by the President.  This is why the media and the rest of the Democrats loudly used their painful tortured 'logic' to hype up a charge of "Obstruction of Justice' for  the Comey memo, which no one has actually seen (not even the Washington Post, who reported what an anonymous source told them they had "seen".  Too thin and pretty sad!  No there..there...even still!

Nearly every story is hearsay, anonymous sources or "sources say".

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - May 18th, 2017 at 9:39am
Print Post  
Abe wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 9:37am:

But it's all coming together as the facts emerge

the wis-dum of acrhie
"I am sure Trump is like me."
"There is no capitalism under Obama’s rule. He is a fu8&^ communist."

IP Logged

TentaJones
LNF Senior Staffer1

Reply #5 - May 18th, 2017 at 11:05am
Print Post  
Abe wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 9:37am:

The above is a lie. It is what many of you do best, and often the only thing you can do given the facts of any matter and your personal
and political limitations, but it is a lie nonetheless. Comey and Flynn are on the record. Every US intelligence agency is on the record.
The FBI is conducting multiple criminal investigations. But don't let that stop you from doing the only thing that you can do. Lie like
there is no tomorrow because for the Trump administration, there will soon be no tomorrow. Not soon enough perhaps, but soon.

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the

Reply #6 - May 18th, 2017 at 11:45am
Print Post  
TentaJones wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 11:05am:
The above is a lie. It is what many of you do best, and often the only thing you can do given the facts of any matter and your personal
and political limitations, but it is a lie nonetheless. Comey and Flynn are on the record. Every US intelligence agency is on the record.
The FBI is conducting multiple criminal investigations. But don't let that stop you from doing the only thing that you can do. Lie like
there is no tomorrow because for the Trump administration, there will soon be no tomorrow. Not soon enough perhaps, but soon.

There has been no evidence of any crime having been committed (other than the leaks of classified information).

If you know of any evidence of any crime, please enlighten us.  (please provide a source)

BTW: A criminal investigation without a crime is called a Witch Hunt!

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Elmer Fudd
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - May 18th, 2017 at 11:53am
Print Post  
I do not believe the Donald is guilty of obstruction of justice if one of the requirements of that is a mindset truly to "obstruct justice."  He's a self described deal maker who shoots from the hip on impulse, and I think that's what he did at this Comey dinner.  I think, whatever he said and however he said it, his intent was to encourage Comey to give Flynn the benefit of the doubt where such doubts may exist.  I don't think he attempted to quash the investigation.  I feel sure he wants it to go away and does not really care if justice is served or not as long as he's on the winning side of any given event, but I don't think he knowingly and willfully attempted to obstruct justice. 

He's simply out of his element.   In my opinion, he is only guilty of being Trump.  He can't be anyone other than Trump, and Trump is an impulsive, narcissistic, delusional sociopath.

I do not wish him to be guilty of an impeachable offense but if he is guilty of one, I do want justice done.  He would not, though.  I would not expect him to resign for the good of the nation or even the Republican Party at any point because that simply is not in his DNA.  He's Trump and Trump cannot do anything that is not, in Trump's opinion, in Trump's best interest.  He cares for nothing and no one more than he cares for himself. 

I do not believe he is dysfunctional enough to invoke that process whereby the VP and cabinet declare him unfit to serve.  He is clearly unfit for the office to which he was elected, but that's not something that has come about since he was elected or even inaugurated.  He is the man who ran and won and  has not changed a whit.  We're getting exactly what we deserve to get.  "Elect a clown, expect a circus."

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the

Reply #8 - May 18th, 2017 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
Elmer Fudd wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 11:53am:
I do not believe the Donald is guilty of obstruction of justice if one of the requirements of that is a mindset truly to "obstruct justice."  He's a self described deal maker who shoots from the hip on impulse, and I think that's what he did at this Comey dinner.  I think, whatever he said and however he said it, his intent was to encourage Comey to give Flynn the benefit of the doubt where such doubts may exist.  I don't think he attempted to quash the investigation.  I feel sure he wants it to go away and does not really care if justice is served or not as long as he's on the winning side of any given event, but I don't think he knowingly and willfully attempted to obstruct justice. 

He's simply out of his element.   In my opinion, he is only guilty of being Trump.  He can't be anyone other than Trump, and Trump is an impulsive, narcissistic, delusional sociopath.

I do not wish him to be guilty of an impeachable offense but if he is guilty of one, I do want justice done.  He would not, though.  I would not expect him to resign for the good of the nation or even the Republican Party at any point because that simply is not in his DNA.  He's Trump and Trump cannot do anything that is not, in Trump's opinion, in Trump's best interest.  He cares for nothing and no one more than he cares for himself. 

I do not believe he is dysfunctional enough to invoke that process whereby the VP and cabinet declare him unfit to serve.  He is clearly unfit for the office to which he was elected, but that's not something that has come about since he was elected or even inaugurated.  He is the man who ran and won and  has not changed a whit.  We're getting exactly what we deserve to get.  "Elect a clown, expect a circus."

Very well thought out opinion, Mr. Fudd! I don't disagree with you at all.  I have been pleasantly surprised to find out how much he has done that I like.  I think President Trump does deserve some credit.

If they ever do "get him" it will be for a process crime, like bullshitting under oath. It takes a special kind of hubris to challenge the Prosecutor about "what the meaning of is..is" and he wouldn't be given the latitude that Bill Clinton was.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Trolls exterminated while
you wait.

Reply #9 - May 18th, 2017 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
The Original Wally wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 12:00pm:
and he wouldn't be given the latitude that Bill Clinton was.

Yes because having an extramarital affair is exactly like colluding with a hostile foreign government. 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › The Media Elite Is Indulging Dangerous Fantasies About Removing Trump From Office

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog