Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › 'Art of the Deal' Ghostwriter: Trump Will Figure Out a Way to Resign
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic 'Art of the Deal' Ghostwriter: Trump Will Figure Out a Way to Resign (Read 309 times)
Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Trolls exterminated while
you wait.

'Art of the Deal' Ghostwriter: Trump Will Figure Out a Way to Resign
May 18th, 2017 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
"Right now, he is in pure terror that he is going to lose. And by the way, he is going to lose. I surely believe that at some point over the next period of time, he is going to have to figure out a way to resign," Schwartz said Wednesday on CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360."

"And the reason he is going to do that, as opposed to go through what could be an impeachment process or a continuing humiliation is that he wants to figure out a way, as he has done all his career, to turn a loss into a victory," Schwartz said.

"So he will declare victory when he leaves," the author added.

Schwartz spent "hundreds of hours" with Trump while ghostwriting the book.

"Early on, I recognized that Trump's self-worth is forever at risk. When he feels aggrieved, he reacts impulsively and defensively," Schwartz wrote Thursday in a Washington Post opinion piece.

The author said in July 2016 that he regrets writing the book.

"I put lipstick on a pig," by writing it, Schwartz said at the time.

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: 'Art of the Deal' Ghostwriter: Trump Will Figure Out a Way to Resign
Reply #1 - May 18th, 2017 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 12:41pm:
"Right now, he is in pure terror that he is going to lose. And by the way, he is going to lose. I surely believe that at some point over the next period of time, he is going to have to figure out a way to resign," Schwartz said Wednesday on CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360."

"And the reason he is going to do that, as opposed to go through what could be an impeachment process or a continuing humiliation is that he wants to figure out a way, as he has done all his career, to turn a loss into a victory," Schwartz said.

"So he will declare victory when he leaves," the author added.

Schwartz spent "hundreds of hours" with Trump while ghostwriting the book.

"Early on, I recognized that Trump's self-worth is forever at risk. When he feels aggrieved, he reacts impulsively and defensively," Schwartz wrote Thursday in a Washington Post opinion piece.

The author said in July 2016 that he regrets writing the book.

"I put lipstick on a pig," by writing it, Schwartz said at the time.

He used a lie about his health to dodge the draft. Reckon it would work again.

Poor mistreated baby may develop a condition

the wis-dum of acrhie
"I am sure Trump is like me."
"There is no capitalism under Obama’s rule. He is a fu8&^ communist."

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #2 - May 18th, 2017 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
I hope he does resign.

Definition of Stupid: 
Knowing the truth, seeing evidence of truth, but still believing the lie.

IP Logged

Abe
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #3 - May 18th, 2017 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
billy.pilgrim wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 1:10pm:
He used a lie about his health to dodge the draft. Reckon it would work again.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/dTvyCjgjwhYw_sgLz1rZAsdjgqBI_8n5lWVfxlVyPjJ4vI...

The 2-S classifications are Trump’s student deferments. The first two covered his time at Fordham University in the Bronx, and the second two allowed him to stay in school when he transferred to study business at the University of Pennsylvania.

At the time, as Tigar wrote in his 1969 article, any college student who asked could get a student deferment. When he graduated in 1968, Trump’s classification shifted to 1-A, or "available for service."

Had that stood, Trump would have been drafted.

But Trump had a physical exam in September 1968. He had taken one less than two years earlier that did not disqualify him for service as we can tell from his 1-A classification in July 1968. However, his second physical was followed in October with a new classification, 1-Y. That designation put him near the bottom of any call-up list. It meant he would only be drafted if there were a national emergency.

Until recently, the only detail on record about that shift was it was medically related. After his comments about McCain, Trump said it had to do with bone spurs in his heels. Trump reportedly was active in college sports, playing baseball, tennis and squash.

More on the medical deferment

Trump failed to mention his medical deferment when he told ABC News on July 19, 2015, that he was never drafted because the draft lottery went into effect and his birthday came with a high number.

"If I would have gotten a low number, I would have been drafted. I would have proudly served," he said. "But I got a number, I think it was 356. That’s right at the very end. And they didn't get -- I don’t believe -- past even 300, so I was -- I was not chosen because of the fact that I had a very high lottery number."

Late in 1969, the nation changed the selective service law to pick people through a random selection of birth dates. The very first drawing was on Dec. 1, 1969.

As TheSmokingGun.com website pointed out, the draft lottery came two months after Trump received his 1-Y classification. Essentially, even if Trump’s birthday, June 14, had been pulled first, he would not have been called to serve.

Trump’s memory served him well on one point. His number was indeed 356.

To the best of our knowledge, no one has charged Trump with violating the Selective Service law. His student deferments were routine. And unless someone has new information, there is no legal issue with his medical deferment.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/article/2015/jul/21/was-trump-draft-dodger/

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - May 18th, 2017 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
Abe wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 1:16pm:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/dTvyCjgjwhYw_sgLz1rZAsdjgqBI_8n5lWVfxlVyPjJ4vI...

The 2-S classifications are Trump’s student deferments. The first two covered his time at Fordham University in the Bronx, and the second two allowed him to stay in school when he transferred to study business at the University of Pennsylvania.

At the time, as Tigar wrote in his 1969 article, any college student who asked could get a student deferment. When he graduated in 1968, Trump’s classification shifted to 1-A, or "available for service."

Had that stood, Trump would have been drafted.

But Trump had a physical exam in September 1968. He had taken one less than two years earlier that did not disqualify him for service as we can tell from his 1-A classification in July 1968. However, his second physical was followed in October with a new classification, 1-Y. That designation put him near the bottom of any call-up list. It meant he would only be drafted if there were a national emergency.

Until recently, the only detail on record about that shift was it was medically related. After his comments about McCain, Trump said it had to do with bone spurs in his heels. Trump reportedly was active in college sports, playing baseball, tennis and squash.

More on the medical deferment

Trump failed to mention his medical deferment when he told ABC News on July 19, 2015, that he was never drafted because the draft lottery went into effect and his birthday came with a high number.

"If I would have gotten a low number, I would have been drafted. I would have proudly served," he said. "But I got a number, I think it was 356. That’s right at the very end. And they didn't get -- I don’t believe -- past even 300, so I was -- I was not chosen because of the fact that I had a very high lottery number."

Late in 1969, the nation changed the selective service law to pick people through a random selection of birth dates. The very first drawing was on Dec. 1, 1969.

As TheSmokingGun.com website pointed out, the draft lottery came two months after Trump received his 1-Y classification. Essentially, even if Trump’s birthday, June 14, had been pulled first, he would not have been called to serve.

Trump’s memory served him well on one point. His number was indeed 356.

To the best of our knowledge, no one has charged Trump with violating the Selective Service law. His student deferments were routine. And unless someone has new information, there is no legal issue with his medical deferment.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/article/2015/jul/21/was-trump-draft-dodger/

except that we all know daddy bought the medical

and who doesn't recognize his great empathy for the military

- a purple heart - gee I always wanted one

or to the amputee - congratulations on your purple heart

or from your link

I would have proudly served," he said. "But I got a number, I think it was 356. That’s right at the very end.

the wis-dum of acrhie

IP Logged

Abe
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #5 - May 18th, 2017 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
^ Roll Eyes

IP Logged

billy.pilgrim
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - May 18th, 2017 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
Abe wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 5:25pm:
^ Roll Eyes

see. every now and then I read your posts before responding.

the wis-dum of acrhie

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #7 - May 18th, 2017 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
I think his bone spurs will return, and he won't be able to perform his presidential duties.  He will STILL BE ABLE TO PERFORM HIS MARITAL DUTIES, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Nominated for 2016...
- Liberal of the Year
- Conservative of the Year
- Centrist of the Year

IP Logged

Rodney Your Teas Ready
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Never kiss a gibbon on
the mouth

Reply #8 - May 18th, 2017 at 11:45pm
Print Post  
And the republicans are desperate? Roll Eyes

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #9 - May 19th, 2017 at 4:52am
Print Post  
I don't believe trump will resign. What he will do is take extremely long vacations, on the taxpayer dime, of course.

Non sequitur:

Rodney Your Teas Ready wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › 'Art of the Deal' Ghostwriter: Trump Will Figure Out a Way to Resign

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog