Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Am I the only one that can feel the desperation in the Trump people?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Am I the only one that can feel the desperation in the Trump people? (Read 1,151 times)
Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Trolls exterminated while
you wait.

Re: Am I the only one that can feel the desparation in the Trump people?
Reply #20 - May 19th, 2017 at 10:19am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 6:07am:
That more people are working now? 

Longest Job Expansion Continues: 79 Months

The longest job expansion in history continues with almost all employment gains in this cycle full time, despite what you may hear from twitter trolls.

As in 79 consecutive months of jobs growth, by far the longest streak in history.

Knowing that your memory is dramatically failing.. Trump began his presidential disaster January 2017 .. ~4 months ago.

That more businesses are coming back to the U. S.? 

WSJ: US Companies Still Leaving For Mexico Despite Trump

I suggest you download these articles so that you can ignore them at your leisure..

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Trolls exterminated while
you wait.

Reply #21 - May 19th, 2017 at 10:23am
Print Post  
The Original Wally wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 9:33am:
Others seem to base their life on catch phrases .

Make America Great Again ...

Lock Her Up ...

Build the Wall ... .

Drain the Swamp ..

I see what you mean..

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Representative3
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #22 - May 19th, 2017 at 10:59am
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on May 18th, 2017 at 5:14pm:
They are pulling out every stop they can find. 

"Look at Hillary".

"Look at Obama!"

"Look at the media"

"Look at the Dems!"

"Look at Susan Rice"

"Look at Lorretta Lynch"

"Look at anything except Trump!"

It's gettin' tiresome.

Greg

I cant speak for LNF cuz I only drive by sporadically...but...

Out there in the real world Ive never seen such deranged desparation as runs rampant on the left. My...Gawd.  At this point Im ashamed I ever called myself a leftist. I give up. They can have the word libersl. I dont want the stain that comes with it being attached to me anymore. And I spent probably my first five years here on LNF trying to define and vociferously defend "liberalism" during the Bush years. 

The irony of "liberals" playing the part of and siding with Judge Smails to Trumps Rodney Dangerfield is just a bridge too far. "Leftists" have compromised the principles they crappity smacking created. They've forgotten Smails was the "bad guy" of Caddyshack. Now hes their crappity smacking hero.

Liberals are now cheerleaders for the FBI and the CIA and advocates for expanding and strengthening their power. I was wrong. its not just that Trump is bizarro Bill Clinton as Ive asserted. We are all literally living in bizarro United States. Im almost nostalgic for the days when i  was telling friends if Trump wins my wife and I are considering moving out of the country. Now Im more likely to move if Trumps opposition wins. Because THAT scenario ..."The Empire Strikes Back" ...is what scares the shit out of me.

Queshank

Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told.

Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

IP Logged

TD

Reply #23 - May 19th, 2017 at 11:06am
Print Post  
Quote:
Out there in the real world Ive never seen such deranged desparation as runs rampant on the left. My...Gawd.  At this point Im ashamed I ever called myself a leftist. I give up. They can have the word libersl. I dont want the stain that comes with it being attached to me anymore. And I spent probably my first five years here on LNF trying to define and vociferously defend "liberalism" during the Bush years. 

Mr. Batbie, in a much-celebrated letter, once quoted the Burke paradox in order to account for his bizarre political shifts: “He who is not a républicain at twenty compels one to doubt the generosity of his heart; but he who, after thirty, persists, compels one to doubt the soundness of his mind.”

http://quoteinvestigator.com/2014/02/24/heart-head/

If You Are Not a Liberal at 25, You Have No Heart. If You Are Not a Conservative at 35 You Have No Brain

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Representative3
LNF Bunker

Reply #24 - May 19th, 2017 at 11:26am
Print Post  
TD wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 11:06am:
Mr. Batbie, in a much-celebrated letter, once quoted the Burke paradox in order to account for his bizarre political shifts: “He who is not a républicain at twenty compels one to doubt the generosity of his heart; but he who, after thirty, persists, compels one to doubt the soundness of his mind.”

http://quoteinvestigator.com/2014/02/24/heart-head/

If You Are Not a Liberal at 25, You Have No Heart. If You Are Not a Conservative at 35 You Have No Brain

Maybe that explains why liberals have abandoned liberal principles. The hippies got old. They got comfortable. They got complacent. They became Judge Smails.

As for me, Im going back to my anarchist roots.

Queshank

Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told.

Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #25 - May 19th, 2017 at 11:29am
Print Post  
What has gotten "this bad".  What are the charges?  That more people are working now?  That more businesses are coming back to the U. S.?  That fewer illegals are coming across our borders?  That American companies are being looked at to begin working on building the wall where needed?  That Wall Street began climbing again yesterday after a one or two day drop?  That the U.S. has finally gotten serious about winning the war against ISIS and bombs were finally dropped somewhere (sorry the mind went blank on the name) in Syria where there was a large group of them gathered?

Now President Trump is going to make his first foreign trip as POTUS and begin repairing relationships with Israel and the Arabs that obummer damaged tremendously.

Things are going along very well.  If the "Never Trumpers" and the hil's lovers would begin thinking of the nation instead of their hate for Trump and their hurt feelings that their candidate didn't win the nomination or the Electoral College, America can become great again.  I look forward to it.

Democrats and the "Never Trumpers" are nothing more than whiney little kids who didn't get their way and now will stomp their feet and cry about whatever they can dream up.  They really need to be sent to their rooms..... without any of their toys so they can ponder their silly, whiney behavior. 

"This bad" refers to the ongoing self-inflicted scandals of the Trump administration, which are crippling even the republicans' best efforts at getting anything done.  Trump has managed to get McConnell's SCOTUS pick over the finish line, kill the TPP, and not much else. 

We are nowhere near a budget.  Trumpcare died in the house, which was supposed to be the EASY place to get it passed.  Nobody's even talking about it now.  His muslim-ban, clumsily written and managed, is still locked up in court -- and let's not even talk about his OWN CONTEXT for that ban -- it was supposed to be in place for 3 months to allow time for us to set up "extreme vetting".  HAS THAT HAPPENED YET?

His favorite agenda item -- tax reform -- is a one-page scribble a freshman econ-student could have written.  No numbers, no details.

And he can't seem to stop shooting himself in the foot.  HE is the one who fired Comey, needlessly, because of "the Russia thing".  HE invited the Russians into the oval office the next day, with only Russian press invited, and gave them the latest in Israeli intel.  HE is the one who asked Comey for a loyalty pledge, and asked him to shut down the investigation.  HE is the one who has repeatedly attacked our own intel services, and blinks in astonishment that there are career professionals out there willing to leak information in an effort to contain him.

If Hillary had done half this stuff, you guys would have surrounded the white house with muskets by now.

(And I wouldn't go bragging about his support for Israel, when he just screwed them over on the intel with Russia thing..)

Nominated for 2016...
- Liberal of the Year
- Conservative of the Year
- Centrist of the Year

IP Logged

TD

Reply #26 - May 19th, 2017 at 11:50am
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 11:29am:
"This bad" refers to the ongoing self-inflicted scandals of the Trump administration, which are crippling even the republicans' best efforts at getting anything done.  Trump has managed to get McConnell's SCOTUS pick over the finish line, kill the TPP, and not much else. 

We are nowhere near a budget.  Trumpcare died in the house, which was supposed to be the EASY place to get it passed.  Nobody's even talking about it now.  His muslim-ban, clumsily written and managed, is still locked up in court -- and let's not even talk about his OWN CONTEXT for that ban -- it was supposed to be in place for 3 months to allow time for us to set up "extreme vetting".  HAS THAT HAPPENED YET?

His favorite agenda item -- tax reform -- is a one-page scribble a freshman econ-student could have written.  No numbers, no details.

And he can't seem to stop shooting himself in the foot.  HE is the one who fired Comey, needlessly, because of "the Russia thing".  HE invited the Russians into the oval office the next day, with only Russian press invited, and gave them the latest in Israeli intel.  HE is the one who asked Comey for a loyalty pledge, and asked him to shut down the investigation.  HE is the one who has repeatedly attacked our own intel services, and blinks in astonishment that there are career professionals out there willing to leak information in an effort to contain him.

If Hillary had done half this stuff, you guys would have surrounded the white house with muskets by now.

(And I wouldn't go bragging about his support for Israel, when he just screwed them over on the intel with Russia thing..)

Talk about taking allegations and accusations and stating them as if they already have been proven. Roll Eyes

Nothing like letting your own words contradict your username. Shocked

"Centre-left and centre-right politics both involve a general association with centrism combined with leaning somewhat to their respective sides of the spectrum."

I guess we now know which way you lean as if it hasn't been clear enough.

BTW, healthcare is being taken up by the Senate now who will put their stamp on it.

As to his tax plan.

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/simulations/donald-trumps-revised-tax-plan-oct-20...

and

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/trump-tax-reform.pdf
« Last Edit: May 19th, 2017 at 11:57am by TD »  

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Re: Am I the only one that can feel the desperation in the Trump people?
Reply #27 - May 19th, 2017 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
What are they desperate about?

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Am I the only one that can feel the desperation in the Trump people?
Reply #28 - May 19th, 2017 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 12:37pm:
What are they desperate about?

Trump lying and generally acting a fool.  Cause for alarm.  Seems to have something to hide. 

Greg

&&&&"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Freon_Bale
LNF Senior Staffer2

Courage is fearing something,
then doing it anyway

Reply #29 - May 19th, 2017 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
What has gotten "this bad".  What are the charges?  That more people are working now?  That more businesses are coming back to the U. S.?  That fewer illegals are coming across our borders?  That American companies are being looked at to begin working on building the wall where needed?  That Wall Street began climbing again yesterday after a one or two day drop?  That the U.S. has finally gotten serious about winning the war against ISIS and bombs were finally dropped somewhere (sorry the mind went blank on the name) in Syria where there was a large group of them gathered?

Now President Trump is going to make his first foreign trip as POTUS and begin repairing relationships with Israel and the Arabs that obummer damaged tremendously.

Things are going along very well.  If the "Never Trumpers" and the hil's lovers would begin thinking of the nation instead of their hate for Trump and their hurt feelings that their candidate didn't win the nomination or the Electoral College, America can become great again.  I look forward to it.

Democrats and the "Never Trumpers" are nothing more than whiney little kids who didn't get their way and now will stomp their feet and cry about whatever they can dream up.  They really need to be sent to their rooms..... without any of their toys so they can ponder their silly, whiney behavior. 

You think this is about Hillary losing? If yes, you seriously do not understand the opposition.

Those gains you refer to are minimal compared to the destruction of establishments that I, for one, care about.
What about the EPA being dismantled? What about science being ignored? What about unneeded pipelines going across protected lands? What about net neutrality being dismantled? What about the defunding of our public schools? What about nepotism in the White House?

I can only assume you are cool with these things, but to at least half of America, we are not.

And let's just for argument say that Trump delivers on everything he promised. Then he would be only delivering it to half the country, which will result in all of it being dismantled in the next presidency that represents the other side.

If he is really a DEAL MAKER, then make deals. Give the other side some of what they want, sacrifice some of what you want. Compromise is the only long-term solution, and Trump doesn't seem capable of doing that.

I expect him to crash and burn, and all his supporters will ultimately have to face the fact that they were duped and nothing long-term got done.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Am I the only one that can feel the desperation in the Trump people?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog