Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Oh Goody. The Civil War did not occur.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Oh Goody. The Civil War did not occur. (Read 2,208 times)
Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Trolls exterminated while
you wait.

Re: Oh Goody. The Civil War did not occur.
Reply #30 - May 19th, 2017 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 3:52pm:
You could not have been liberal and condoned slavery

Historically there are two groups, often overlapping, that approve of owning slaves..

The Conservative and the Religious..

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #31 - May 19th, 2017 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 3:53pm:
There were no Liberal slave owners..

Yes.. Civil War era Democratic Party was indeed Conservative.. The newly formed Republican Party was Progressive.  It remained that way until about the beginning of the 20th century.  .

It's simply American Political History.. Something of which you are apparently completely ignorant.

You can attempt to spin it all you want.  Right up through the 1960's CIvil Rights Movement, the Democrat Party supported Jim Crowe Laws and segregation.  Democrats such as Bull Conner, Lester Maddocks and George Wallace were leaders in the movement against Civil Rights for blacks. 

Harry Reid replaced Robert Byrd as the Majority Leader of the Senate., in 2008.    Byrd, a Democrat was the longest serving member of Congress and a former member of the KKK.  Byrd was a recruiter for the KKK and held the positions of Grand Kleegal and Exalted Cyclops, a local chapter lLeader. 

In 2010, then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton fondly eulogized Sen. Robert Byrd, a former member and recruiter for the Ku Klux Klan. Clinton called Byrd “my friend and mentor” in a video message to commemorate his passing.

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #32 - May 19th, 2017 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
The Original Wally wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 4:16pm:
You can attempt to spin it all you want.  Right up through the 1960's CIvil Rights Movement, the Democrat Party supported Jim Crowe Laws and segregation.  Democrats such as Bull Conner, Lester Maddocks and George Wallace were leaders in the movement against Civil Rights for blacks. 

Harry Reid replaced Robert Byrd as the Majority Leader of the Senate., in 2008.    Byrd, a Democrat was the longest serving member of Congress and a former member of the KKK.  Byrd was a recruiter for the KKK and held the positions of Grand Kleegal and Exalted Cyclops, a local chapter lLeader. 

In 2010, then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton fondly eulogized Sen. Robert Byrd, a former member and recruiter for the Ku Klux Klan. Clinton called Byrd “my friend and mentor” in a video message to commemorate his passing.

None of this matters.  Today the democrats are for removing the statues and the republicans are not.  End of story.

Definition of Stupid: 
Knowing the truth, seeing evidence of truth, but still believing the lie.

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #33 - May 19th, 2017 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
Can anyone tell me the platform of the Whig Party these days?

Greg

&&&&"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Abe
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #34 - May 19th, 2017 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
Greg55_99 wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 4:27pm:
Can anyone tell me the platform of the Whig Party these days?

Greg

The Modern Whig Party is the spearhead of a pragmatic, centrist, solutions-oriented political movement dedicated to the restoration of representative government in our nation. We believe broad citizen participation at all levels of government is necessary for our civic, political and economic lives to thrive, and we are determined to take practical, sensible action to support our fellow Americans in returning control of their government to their hands.      

Our goal is to build a viable, independent third party on the commitment to social and political service of our fellow citizens. We firmly believe our best hope for ever increasing prosperity, greater security and a fuller realization of the promise our nation represents lies first and foremost in ourselves, rather than in the wealth and power of special interests willing and able to gain political and economic advantages by dividing our people instead of uniting them. 

We also understand an active, responsive and responsible government is necessary to pull together the will and the resources of the country and get things done, from the national level down to the states, counties and municipalities where we live. Our plan is to build our party together with you, from the grassroots up, to ensure our government is working in the interests of those it was formed to serve -- all of us, the American people.

The idea of reviving the Whig name occurred to members of the American armed forces serving in Iraq and Afghanistan in 2007, and the Modern Whig Party was officially formed in Washington, D.C. in December 2009. From the very beginning our sole purpose and reason for being has been to serve in the spirit our military veterans understand so completely. We are a party committed to authentic service, and pledged to a simple motto: Courage. Common Sense. Country.

http://www.modernwhig.org/

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #35 - May 19th, 2017 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 4:25pm:
None of this matters.  Today the democrats are for removing the statues and the republicans are not.  End of story.

Bobby Byrd continued to be elected by the Senate Democrats as their Leader until the election of Barak Obama in 2008.  Most of these Senate Democrats that voted this KKK  Leader as their Leader, as still there in the good old Senate. 

Hillary Clinton referred to good old Bobby Byrd as being her Mentor when she was in the Senate.

Todays Democrats are Liars and Hypocrites and Cry Babies...

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #36 - May 19th, 2017 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 6:51am:
The last statue honoring heroes of the Confederacy has been removed from New Orleans.  There were a total of four of them.

I'm a midwesterner who has landed in the South to spend her remaining days.  My family would have fought in the Northern Army.  I certainly never would have believed in owning another person and having them work for me for free, etc.  In fact, I now have five biracial granddaughters.

However, our nation did have a Civil War.  It lasted four years, and from what I understand, that war killed more fighters than any other war in which we've been engaged.  It happened, people. 

Yes, there were great generals on both sides.  The Confederate States did have a President.
Taking down the statues doesn't change the fact of slavery being practiced in the U.S. prior to the ending of that war.

Is taking down the four statues going to change any facts? 

Im a Yankee, so I think its funny because they don't like it. Im an asshole, common north east culture.  Wink

But in all honestly I didn't really care. Many didn't like them because they felt it supported or it showed support for slavery  Roll Eyes
Personally I don't think that.
I just think it was a "Proud to be a southern" they displayed. Not that they support slavery, but that they're not like the rest of the country and proud of it.

Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, when I was dead broke I couldn't picture this.

IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #37 - May 19th, 2017 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
Phillip 2.0 wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 2:11pm:
Pssst, there aren't exactly a lot of Benedict Arnold statues in Washington D.C.  Roll Eyes

There should be an Obama one. 1st black president should be recognized. That would be awesome if Trump was there for the unveiling.

Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, when I was dead broke I couldn't picture this.

IP Logged

admin
LNF Administrator

To contact Admin send
a PM

Reply #38 - May 19th, 2017 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
- will the statues be in a museum? - or private property?

Welcome to the Liberty News Forum - News and Political Discussion Forum.
IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #39 - May 19th, 2017 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
admin wrote on May 19th, 2017 at 6:58pm:
- will the statues be in a museum? - or private property?

Either would be OK

Definition of Stupid: 
Knowing the truth, seeing evidence of truth, but still believing the lie.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Oh Goody. The Civil War did not occur.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog