Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Religion, killing, heaven.
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Religion, killing, heaven. (Read 182 times)
Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Religion, killing, heaven.
May 24th, 2017 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
I venture here with trepidation and a bit of humility.

Possibly this version of my Religion/politics board thread will attract responses here which differ from them.

As I understand it,  the islamist bombers believe that they're going to heaven for their actions.

Is this evidence of severe mental disorder, or simply a misunderstanding of the details in their religion on their part?

How would a Christian consider this, using, say, Shelley Shannon or any other self-professed Christian who killed abortion providers as a reference point?

Thank you for your responses in advance.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Re: Religion, killing, heaven.
Reply #1 - May 25th, 2017 at 10:53am
Print Post  
Limey wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 9:36pm:
I venture here with trepidation and a bit of humility.

Possibly this version of my Religion/politics board thread will attract responses here which differ from them.

As I understand it,  the islamist bombers believe that they're going to heaven for their actions.

Is this evidence of severe mental disorder, or simply a misunderstanding of the details in their religion on their part?

How would a Christian consider this, using, say, Shelley Shannon or any other self-professed Christian who killed abortion providers as a reference point?

Thank you for your responses in advance.

Your latter point I want to address first, nothing in scripture states we are to take anyone's life, much less an abortion doctor.  The Bible says Vengance is mine says the Lord. I am not ordained to carry out God's wrath nor is anyone else, I am ordained to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ.  If anyone claims to be a Christian and murders his brother I can honestly state, according to God's word, he is lying and is NOT a believer.  The two are completely incompatible.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Muckster
LNF Staffer3

Reply #2 - May 26th, 2017 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 10:53am:
Your latter point I want to address first, nothing in scripture states we are to take anyone's life, much less an abortion doctor.  The Bible says Vengance is mine says the Lord. I am not ordained to carry out God's wrath nor is anyone else, I am ordained to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ.  If anyone claims to be a Christian and murders his brother I can honestly state, according to God's word, he is lying and is NOT a believer.  The two are completely incompatible.
That's good to hear Seawolf. That tells me you're against the death penalty. That's good. And it tells me you're Pro-Choice, since the Anti-Choice crowd that pushes abstinence only, if allowed to succeed, would result in a horrible increase in deaths of innocent children and mothers. Good for you Seawolf. You're becoming a better liberal every day!

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - May 26th, 2017 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
Muckster wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 1:18pm:
That's good to hear Seawolf. That tells me you're against the death penalty. That's good. And it tells me you're Pro-Choice, since the Anti-Choice crowd that pushes abstinence only, if allowed to succeed, would result in a horrible increase in deaths of innocent children and mothers. Good for you Seawolf. You're becoming a better liberal every day!

Your stats or is this another talking point void of facts?

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - May 26th, 2017 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 10:53am:

Thanks Seawolf.

Sidetrack: where does that leave you on capital punishment?

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - May 26th, 2017 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 7:36pm:
Thanks Seawolf.

Sidetrack: where does that leave you on capital punishment?

I believe in justice, I support it.

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - May 28th, 2017 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 9:51pm:
I believe in justice, I support it.

Won't it take a contortion to square the two positions?

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - May 28th, 2017 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 1:49pm:
Won't it take a contortion to square the two positions?

No, laws demand justice.  Should Hitler pay for the hundreds of thousands of innocent lives he took, for example?

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - May 29th, 2017 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on May 28th, 2017 at 10:57pm:
No, laws demand justice.  Should Hitler pay for the hundreds of thousands of innocent lives he took, for example?

But, obviously,  humans are fallible. 

From time to time an innocent person will be judicially executed.

IP Logged

Muckster
LNF Staffer3

Reply #9 - Today at 1:24pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on May 26th, 2017 at 5:24pm:
Your stats or is this another talking point void of facts?
Them's the facts. Why do you think so many health professionals do not support abstinance only approaches? They recognize that that alone not only doesn't address the problem but actually leads to worse results, as does limiting women's access to abortion services. Unfortunately Flat-earthers like yourself only seem to be able to consider one level of information - the earth looks flat, therefore it must BE flat.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Religion, killing, heaven.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog