Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Religion, killing, heaven.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Religion, killing, heaven. (Read 953 times)
Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Religion, killing, heaven.
Reply #10 - Jun 28th, 2017 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
Muckster wrote on Jun 28th, 2017 at 1:24pm:
Them's the facts. Why do you think so many health professionals do not support abstinance only approaches? They recognize that that alone not only doesn't address the problem but actually leads to worse results, as does limiting women's access to abortion services. Unfortunately Flat-earthers like yourself only seem to be able to consider one level of information - the earth looks flat, therefore it must BE flat.

I have a problem with you in that I suspect that all you are looking to do is tweak people.  I have yet to see any evidence you are sincerely looking to discuss issues and just want to provoke a knee jerk response.  Nothing you have posted yet is about Christianity, which is what this forum is about, primarily between believers.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Frank1
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #11 - Jun 28th, 2017 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
Well, abortion is clearly wrong.

But, living in the times we do, abortion is now legal.

Still, taking the law into ones hands is not recommended, especially violently.  The Jews thought Christ would overthrow the Romans, he said instead "Render unto Caesar what is Caesars and unto God what is God's."

Rather, a Christian would not themselves get an abortion and would work to try and convince the authorities to outlaw abortion.

What a Christian would not do is take the law into their own hands by attacking abortion clinics.

To say homo sapiens, is to say Homo religiosus; there is no man without God. ~Frithjof Schuon

IP Logged

PoliMod
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Please follow the rules!

Reply #12 - Jun 28th, 2017 at 9:14pm
Print Post  
Muckster wrote on Jun 28th, 2017 at 1:24pm:
Them's the facts. Why do you think so many health professionals do not support abstinance only approaches? They recognize that that alone not only doesn't address the problem but actually leads to worse results, as does limiting women's access to abortion services. Unfortunately Flat-earthers like yourself only seem to be able to consider one level of information - the earth looks flat, therefore it must BE flat.

Please keep your tone civil.

IP Logged

michiganFats
LNF Representative2

Reply #13 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 8:42am
Print Post  
Limey wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 9:36pm:
I venture here with trepidation and a bit of humility.

Possibly this version of my Religion/politics board thread will attract responses here which differ from them.

As I understand it,  the islamist bombers believe that they're going to heaven for their actions.

Is this evidence of severe mental disorder, or simply a misunderstanding of the details in their religion on their part?

How would a Christian consider this, using, say, Shelley Shannon or any other self-professed Christian who killed abortion providers as a reference point?

Thank you for your responses in advance.

Good question. I don't know any suicide bombers but I'm going to guess money had more to do with their decision than religion or mental illness.

IP Logged

fair-minded know it all
LNF Party Leader

fair-minded conservative
leaning independent

Reply #14 - Jul 7th, 2017 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 9:36pm:
I venture here with trepidation and a bit of humility.

Possibly this version of my Religion/politics board thread will attract responses here which differ from them.

As I understand it,  the islamist bombers believe that they're going to heaven for their actions.

Is this evidence of severe mental disorder, or simply a misunderstanding of the details in their religion on their part?

How would a Christian consider this, using, say, Shelley Shannon or any other self-professed Christian who killed abortion providers as a reference point?

Thank you for your responses in advance.

A Christian killing abortion doctors is rebelling against the  Christian scriptures.. It absolutely prohibits that kind of vigilante activity.  Abortionist are very evil critters, don't get me wrong, it's an abominable crime, but that's a separate discussion.
A suicide bomber is not necessarily crazy.. Sure, many grow up in an abusive culture, often times having hate and the glorification of violence drilled into their head.
On top of that they have the Koran and the Hadith, which is basically their inspired scriptures and inspired commentary.
These openly and plainly encourage violence..
All those factors combined are the reason Islam will never become just and modern societies.
Christian misbehavior is often tamed in history by a resurgence or reformation inspired by the preaching of scripture.
Islam will never have that restraint.
I mean, let's face it, their leader Muhammad publicly raped a woman of a town he conquered.  Isis has their prophet as the prime example of their lewd, cruel and murderous behavior. 
A person that professes to be Christian and behaves as ISIS does is clearly acting hypocritically and against the teachings of Christianity.
Isis on the other hand is being consistent with their founder and their teachings.

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #15 - Jul 10th, 2017 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
Thanks.....

Have you read the Koran by the way?

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #16 - Jul 10th, 2017 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Jul 10th, 2017 at 12:23pm:
Thanks.....

Have you read the Koran by the way?

You didn't "axe" me but I would have to say "no."  However, I do own and have read some pretty good books on Islam, among which are:

The Koran for Dummies
Islam for Dummies
No God But God: The Origins, Evolution, and Future of Islam
(and there are a few others; just couldn't recall them and was too lazy to go to the bookshelves to get their names.  My personal "library" is somewhat lacking in "organization.")

I have also read other books which I do not own, some of which I found in my church's library: A Christian's Guide to Islam is the best one that comes to mind.  But there are others.  And, surprisingly, this is a Southern Baptist Church.  I don't know how those books got in that library (well, I do know how the one I mentioned did; I bought it, read it, and then donated it; I don't think it's been touched since).

The take away I got from all that is that ISIS is no more representative of Islam than the (late) "Reverend" Fred Phelps and Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, KS, are of Jesus.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #17 - Jul 11th, 2017 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
Yeah, I think your take away is right.

I still find it hard to admire Islam, slightly more so than Christianity but that is probably a function of my being brought up with 1500 years of Christianity surrounding me.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #18 - Jul 13th, 2017 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Jul 11th, 2017 at 7:51pm:
Yeah, I think your take away is right.

I still find it hard to admire Islam, slightly more so than Christianity but that is probably a function of my being brought up with 1500 years of Christianity surrounding me.

Probably right.  I would also opine that people who are not Christians professing to be Christians do a lot of damage to Christianity.  In fact, about all they DO is damage.

This may be one reason God permits persecution of Christianity at times.  It cleanses the fellowship.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › Religion, killing, heaven.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog