Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEconomics, Financial News › On Gold, Dollars, & Bitcoin
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) On Gold, Dollars, & Bitcoin (Read 1,378 times)
EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Re: On Gold, Dollars, & Bitcoin
Reply #40 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Dec 6th, 2017 at 1:37pm:
Well I have no doubt it is a bubble. But like the bubble in Apple stock in 1999, I believe this thing has a future beyond the bubble.

And so do many others. And that's what is driving the price increase. We are seeing mainstream adoption. The CBOE is about to list BTC based derivatives. Major accounting firms like Deloitte are accepting it as payment.

We are seeing a bubble no doubt. But we are also seeing the emergence of a new form of money.

The early adopters bought an asset and are holding for the long run- most are anyway. They are helping to transform an asset into money.

It's not there yet. But we are on the way.

Atleast that's my take. No doubt it could be wrong.

If I had any doubts, I'd lock in my 381% return by cashing out.  And then maybe reinvesting whatever my ORIGINAL investment was. 

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #41 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Dec 6th, 2017 at 4:38pm:
If I had any doubts, I'd lock in my 381% return by cashing out.  And then maybe reinvesting whatever my ORIGINAL investment was. 

And miss out on the future Iota profits stemming from their newly announced partnership with Microsoft? I don't think so!

One day I'll have my lambo and all from 115 bucks I put into Iota. LOL

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #42 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Dec 6th, 2017 at 6:49pm:
And miss out on the future Iota profits stemming from their newly announced partnership with Microsoft? I don't think so!

One day I'll have my lambo and all from 115 bucks I put into Iota. LOL

I hope you get filthy rich off of it, too.  I really do.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #43 - Dec 8th, 2017 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Dec 7th, 2017 at 1:48pm:
I hope you get filthy rich off of it, too.  I really do. 

Thanks. I just got home from making another btc purchase. Fingers crossed!

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #44 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Dec 8th, 2017 at 4:38pm:
Thanks. I just got home from making another btc purchase. Fingers crossed!

In this age of internet, wi-fi, cellphones, blockchains, digital ledgers, and other miracles, you have to leave home to invest in that stuff????

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #45 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
EF wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:44pm:
In this age of internet, wi-fi, cellphones, blockchains, digital ledgers, and other miracles, you have to leave home to invest in that stuff????

You most certainly do if you are buying with cash and don't want there to be a record of the purchase.

Cool

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #46 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 1:52pm:
You most certainly do if you are buying with cash and don't want there to be a record of the purchase.

Cool

Ah, so. 

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #47 - yesterday at 6:44pm
Print Post  
Bitcoin is failing as a currency
Instead, it's evolved into an asset.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/12/14/bitcoin-is-failing-as-a-currency/

Quote from article:  "We know exactly how many bitcoins will ever be mined, as opposed to gold, of which we only presume that the supply is limited," said blockchain entrepreneur Vladimir Lupenko.

Now, since bitcoin is a cyberspace creation using 1's and 0's, how can we be sure that MORE bitcoin might be made available?  Isn't it just a computer program? 

And if competing cryptocurrencies are developed, isn't that ultimately the same thing as more "bitcoin"?

We know there's a finite amount of gold.  The amount is unknown, but we know nobody is making more of it.  We also know we haven't found all of it.

But what if somebody figured out a way to make something that looked, felt, smelled, tasted, and worked JUST LIKE gold? Would that affect the value of real gold?  And isn't that what's going to happen if more cryptocurrencies are created?

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereEconomics, Financial News › On Gold, Dollars, & Bitcoin

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog
Political Columnists
Political Humor
A1 News Page
David Limbaugh
Political Frog
Conservatives Directory
President Trump Approval Poll
Presidential Party Election Poll News forum posting, privacy policy and member rules