Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil...
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil... (Read 4,539 times)
Capt. Lola B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Bronze Swimming Certificate

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil...
May 29th, 2017 at 10:03am
Print Post  
God makes no bones about it, He creates evil. Shall a trumpet sound in a city and the Lord has not caused it? 

He then demands, doesn't ask, but demands that we love Him above all others. 

Can I ask how a Christian can worship He who creates evil and makes woe?

Why did He make pain?  Don't give me any crap about pain allowing us to detect probelms in our body, any jukebox manufacturer could have done better.  Why not a bright red neon sign on our forehead that lights up when there's a problem? 

Apparently, writhing around in pain on our death bed is how He wants some of us to die.  How is that not absurd to you?

"I'm a tranvestwhite and ask that you please use my preferred racial pronoun, "human."  -The Captain

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil...
Reply #1 - May 29th, 2017 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
You cannot understand Him, however, you absolutely have to accept that He loves you and you must worship Him.

Luckily,  there are numerous people around to explain Scripture,  you should easily find one you're comfortable with.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #2 - May 30th, 2017 at 4:07am
Print Post  
Capt. Lola B.S.C. wrote on May 29th, 2017 at 10:03am:
God makes no bones about it, He creates evil. Shall a trumpet sound in a city and the Lord has not caused it? 

He then demands, doesn't ask, but demands that we love Him above all others. 

Can I ask how a Christian can worship He who creates evil and makes woe?

Why did He make pain?  Don't give me any crap about pain allowing us to detect probelms in our body, any jukebox manufacturer could have done better.  Why not a bright red neon sign on our forehead that lights up when there's a problem? 

Apparently, writhing around in pain on our death bed is how He wants some of us to die.  How is that not absurd to you?

Apparently, Christians, have a very loose definition of "love". For example, we're supposed to believe that god loves the child that dies of a very painful disease. He loves him to death, literally.

The Christians also loved the "heretics" that they burned at the stake...

Non sequitur:

The Wet Dreams of Mr Cousteau wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - May 30th, 2017 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
An Objection: Is God Responsible for All Evil?

Frequently it is alleged, however, that ultimately God is responsible for “evil” — for had he not created angels and men, the evil they have generated would not exist.

The logic employed in this objection is flawed, and the critic who makes it will scarcely stay with it in a consistent manner.

No greater compliment could have been paid to man than to have been created in the very image of God (Gen. 1:26-27). A part of that “creation package” was the gift of personal volition, that is, the ability to make moral choices. There are only two logical possibilities — one might be created with “free will,” or without “free will.”

Now which option is the obvious expression of love (cf. 1 Jn. 4:8). The former, of course. The Lord thus signally honored human beings by granting them the personal power of choice. Once such action was taken, the Creator is not morally culpable if the gift of choice is abused, and the possessor thereof elects to pursue the road of danger and destruction.

Is the designer or manufacturer of an automobile morally responsible for the drunk driver who runs down and kills an innocent child? And what of the godly mother who made every effort to raise her children in harmony with the Lord’s will; is she accountable for the actions of a wayward offspring who robs a bank or commits murder? These questions hardly need an expressed answer.

And so, while God is the Maker of men, he is not morally indictable for the follies of those upon whom he bestowed one of the greatest gifts possible — that of genuine freedom!

Scripture References

Isaiah 45:7; Isaiah 45:5-7; Isaiah 6:3; Revelation 4:8; Deuteronomy 32:4; Habakkuk 1:13; James 1:13-14; John 1:1; 1 Corinthians 8:4-6; John 12:42; Acts 2:41, 44; Romans 3:10; Matthew 1:19; Matthew 7:1; John 7:24; Ephesians 2:9; James 2:24; Mark 7:21-23; Isaiah 47:10-11; Jeremiah 18:8; Ecclesiastes 12:1; Romans 5:12; Genesis 1:26-27; John 4:8

https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/676-did-god-create-evil

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - May 30th, 2017 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
Please don't use the word "logic" in a conversation about religion,  it's like using the word "graceful"  in a conversation about fat people humping.

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #5 - May 30th, 2017 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on May 30th, 2017 at 7:43pm:
Please don't use the word "logic" in a conversation about religion,  it's like using the word "graceful"  in a conversation about fat people humping.

Actually,  "moral" too.

IP Logged

Capt. Lola B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Reply #6 - May 30th, 2017 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on May 30th, 2017 at 5:38pm:
An Objection: Is God Responsible for All Evil?

Frequently it is alleged, however, that ultimately God is responsible for “evil” — for had he not created angels and men, the evil they have generated would not exist.

The logic employed in this objection is flawed, and the critic who makes it will scarcely stay with it in a consistent manner.

No greater compliment could have been paid to man than to have been created in the very image of God (Gen. 1:26-27). A part of that “creation package” was the gift of personal volition, that is, the ability to make moral choices. There are only two logical possibilities — one might be created with “free will,” or without “free will.”

Now which option is the obvious expression of love (cf. 1 Jn. 4:8). The former, of course. The Lord thus signally honored human beings by granting them the personal power of choice. Once such action was taken, the Creator is not morally culpable if the gift of choice is abused, and the possessor thereof elects to pursue the road of danger and destruction.

Is the designer or manufacturer of an automobile morally responsible for the drunk driver who runs down and kills an innocent child? And what of the godly mother who made every effort to raise her children in harmony with the Lord’s will; is she accountable for the actions of a wayward offspring who robs a bank or commits murder? These questions hardly need an expressed answer.

And so, while God is the Maker of men, he is not morally indictable for the follies of those upon whom he bestowed one of the greatest gifts possible — that of genuine freedom!

Scripture References

Isaiah 45:7; Isaiah 45:5-7; Isaiah 6:3; Revelation 4:8; Deuteronomy 32:4; Habakkuk 1:13; James 1:13-14; John 1:1; 1 Corinthians 8:4-6; John 12:42; Acts 2:41, 44; Romans 3:10; Matthew 1:19; Matthew 7:1; John 7:24; Ephesians 2:9; James 2:24; Mark 7:21-23; Isaiah 47:10-11; Jeremiah 18:8; Ecclesiastes 12:1; Romans 5:12; Genesis 1:26-27; John 4:8

https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/676-did-god-create-evil

If that were true, then He either isn't omniscient or He doesn't care that some men (and some women, Jasmine) would go on to become amoral monsters.

"I'm a tranvestwhite and ask that you please use my preferred racial pronoun, "human."  -The Captain

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - May 31st, 2017 at 5:56am
Print Post  
Limey wrote on May 30th, 2017 at 7:43pm:

Are you a fat bigot?

Non sequitur:

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - May 31st, 2017 at 5:59am
Print Post  
Capt. Lola B.S.C. wrote on May 30th, 2017 at 10:10pm:
If that were true, then He either isn't omniscient or He doesn't care that some men (and some women, Jasmine) would go on to become amoral monsters.

According to the Buddhist faith Jasmine's next incarnation should be of a worm or something really disgraceful. Coincidentally, so should trump's.

Non sequitur:

IP Logged

Capt. Lola B.S.C.
LNF Speaker

Reply #9 - Jun 1st, 2017 at 1:09am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on May 31st, 2017 at 5:59am:
According to the Buddhist faith Jasmine's next incarnation should be of a worm or something really disgraceful. Coincidentally, so should trump's.

I had a good friend in college, referred to himself as a zen Buddhist.  He was beyond cool and somehow intensely mellow as I remember.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil...

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog