Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil... (Read 3,704 times)
Running Deer
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Re: I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil...
Reply #110 - Aug 3rd, 2017 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Aug 3rd, 2017 at 8:42pm:
Actually,  He may or may not be crazy by our human standards.

Which is the same as crazy 

We're still talking about the drill sergeant?

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. Of course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #111 - Aug 3rd, 2017 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Aug 3rd, 2017 at 8:20pm:
As a neutral who likes you both, Seawolf,  Bow is posting accurate stuff.

No he is not.  First off to say that the Nazis were Christians shows a complete lack of understanding of the teachings of Christ.  Anyone who would deviate as the Nazis did regarding Christ teachings are not Christians.  You can sing all the Christians hymns you want but if your actions are contrary to his teachings, you are not a Christian.  You have to understand this first before you make a false assumption regarding the history and teachings of Christ.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #112 - Aug 3rd, 2017 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Aug 3rd, 2017 at 8:28pm:
Joe Haldemann is, I think I said before,  a very good writer on the boundaries God/20th century horror /combat veteran.

He's also a high IQ person.

Seawolf you will never read a book again,we know that.

Elmer,  Bow, you will enjoy his stuff..

Michael Swanwick might appeal too.

Very American both.

Inaccurate remark, no desire to read the teachings of secularism is a more accurate statement.  I know you want me too but I see no need to.  It is not necessary and I suspect you are hoping it will influence my overall view of my faith.  Somehow what my family has experienced and what I now know would be so weak to be influenced by those who can not grasp a Creator.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #113 - Aug 4th, 2017 at 7:05am
Print Post  
Jeremiah 17:

9.  The heart is deceitful above all things,
    and desperately sick;
    who can understand it?

IP Logged

EF
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #114 - Aug 4th, 2017 at 8:44am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Aug 3rd, 2017 at 10:10pm:
No he is not.  First off to say that the Nazis were Christians shows a complete lack of understanding of the teachings of Christ.  Anyone who would deviate as the Nazis did regarding Christ teachings are not Christians.  You can sing all the Christians hymns you want but if your actions are contrary to his teachings, you are not a Christian.  You have to understand this first before you make a false assumption regarding the history and teachings of Christ.

I don't see where he said Nazis were Christians.  But lots of people claim to be Christian and do things they say Christ tells them to do but they are either liars or delusional.  And the documented history of persecution of Jews by people claiming to be Christians doing God's work is pretty much irrefutable.  Even some Nazis probably did that, but Hitler was not among them.  I don't think he even claimed to be a Christian. That kind of thing mattered not a whit to him. 

The Book itself says that many who call on His name will be rejected by Him because "I never knew ye."  I often think that's the main reason God permits persecution of His Church - to cleanse the fellowship of charlatans.

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Representative3
LNF Bunker

Reply #115 - Aug 4th, 2017 at 9:01am
Print Post  
Nazi Hunter B.S.C. wrote on May 29th, 2017 at 10:03am:
God makes no bones about it, He creates evil. Shall a trumpet sound in a city and the Lord has not caused it? 

He then demands, doesn't ask, but demands that we love Him above all others. 

Can I ask how a Christian can worship He who creates evil and makes woe?

Why did He make pain?  Don't give me any crap about pain allowing us to detect probelms in our body, any jukebox manufacturer could have done better.  Why not a bright red neon sign on our forehead that lights up when there's a problem? 

Apparently, writhing around in pain on our death bed is how He wants some of us to die.  How is that not absurd to you?

Uh.  He's God.

He can do whatever the hell he wants and you don't get shit all to say about it.  What in God's name are you even doing asking such a ridiculous question.

It's like asking how in the world you can obey the whims of a landslide or an avalanche.  Do you have much of a choice?

He's God.

Queshank

Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told.

Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #116 - Aug 4th, 2017 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Aug 4th, 2017 at 9:01am:
Uh.  He's God.

He can do whatever the hell he wants and you don't get shit all to say about it.  What in God's name are you even doing asking such a ridiculous question.

It's like asking how in the world you can obey the whims of a landslide or an avalanche.  Do you have much of a choice?

He's God.

Queshank

Exactly why worship and religion are so pointless.

We cannot understand him.

Therefore we might as well make our own way.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #117 - Aug 4th, 2017 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Aug 3rd, 2017 at 10:13pm:
Inaccurate remark, no desire to read the teachings of secularism is a more accurate statement.  I know you want me too but I see no need to.  It is not necessary and I suspect you are hoping it will influence my overall view of my faith.  Somehow what my family has experienced and what I now know would be so weak to be influenced by those who can not grasp a Creator.

No, actually I think you'd genuinely enjoy the challenge raised by serious writers and thinkers on these topics.

Your debating powers are currently limited by a tendency to avoid debate.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #118 - Aug 4th, 2017 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Aug 4th, 2017 at 2:45pm:
No, actually I think you'd genuinely enjoy the challenge raised by serious writers and thinkers on these topics.

Your debating powers are currently limited by a tendency to avoid debate.

Actually, SW is terrified by what he could discover in one of these books. That's why he avoids reading them like the plague. In essence, he's made his a motto of ancient times: "ignorance is bliss".

Non sequitur:

The Hamster is at it Again wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #119 - Aug 4th, 2017 at 5:46pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Aug 4th, 2017 at 5:18pm:
Actually, SW is terrified by what he could discover in one of these books. That's why he avoids reading them like the plague. In essence, he's made his a motto of ancient times: "ignorance is bliss".

I don't see a benefit.  You keep forgetting I have only been a Christian for 7 years, I have read a lot of different books by secularist regarding their anti-God view,  Now I am wanting to know about our Creator that I have missed out on for nearly 50 years.  I have a lot of catching up to do.  I do get amused because at times I think you and others have thought me to be a Christian all my life, which was never the case.

I have been on the other side, punk, rock, got, industrial.  Had Wicken friemds, many gay and transvestite friends and those who hated Christianity.  I have had the whole bag of tricks and I have finally found the truth.  Something Bow I suspect you are looking for.  Your failure is that I have no desire to go back to my old ways and all your childish antics, of mocking, name calling.. have no affect on me.  In fact, it is all school ground antics that adults are suppose to grow out of, seems you are still keen on them.   Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil...

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog