Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil... (Read 2,322 times)
Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil...
Reply #120 - Aug 4th, 2017 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Aug 4th, 2017 at 2:45pm:
No, actually I think you'd genuinely enjoy the challenge raised by serious writers and thinkers on these topics.

Your debating powers are currently limited by a tendency to avoid debate.

Well, I could say the same to you regarding your scriptural knowledge.  I see no need to debate with folks who think God is human.  It is how you and others argue about him, you try to equate human sin upon the one who created us, assume his traits and habits are ours and our morality is his.  That is illogical.  We simply are at two different juctions and honestly, I simply have no desire to learn about humanism, pretty much lived it for most of my life.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #121 - Aug 4th, 2017 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Aug 4th, 2017 at 5:50pm:
Well, I could say the same to you regarding your scriptural knowledge.  I see no need to debate with folks who think God is human.  It is how you and others argue about him, you try to equate human sin upon the one who created us, assume his traits and habits are ours and our morality is his.  That is illogical.  We simply are at two different juctions and honestly, I simply have no desire to learn about humanism, pretty much lived it for most of my life.

Hm, well, the Scripture isn't really relevant to the question "is there a God?", now, is it?

Nor to any discussion about morality.

The interesting development,  for me, in these threads recently has been the discussion about whether it is even worth worshipping an entity you don't understand at all.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #122 - Aug 4th, 2017 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Aug 4th, 2017 at 7:40pm:
Hm, well, the Scripture isn't really relevant to the question "is there a God?", now, is it?

Nor to any discussion about morality.

The interesting development,  for me, in these threads recently has been the discussion about whether it is even worth worshipping an entity you don't understand at all.

Well, I have covered quite a bit regarding what he has done on your behalf, whether or not you accept him is your choice, not mine.  I am not here to convince you when you have no desire to know him.  It is why he gives us all free will but there are rewards and consequences based on our decisions and ultimately whether or not you believe he exist will not be an excuse in the end.  It will be like standing in the middle of a freeway and denying the existence of a semi until it hits you.  I have made my choice, I have seen and witness his will in our lives, I have studied to determine even if there was ever a Christ and the history says there was.  I do not need any further convincing.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #123 - Aug 5th, 2017 at 10:42am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Aug 4th, 2017 at 5:46pm:
I don't see a benefit.  You keep forgetting I have only been a Christian for 7 years, I have read a lot of different books by secularist regarding their anti-God view,  Now I am wanting to know about our Creator that I have missed out on for nearly 50 years.  I have a lot of catching up to do.  I do get amused because at times I think you and others have thought me to be a Christian all my life, which was never the case.

I have been on the other side, punk, rock, got, industrial.  Had Wicken friemds, many gay and transvestite friends and those who hated Christianity.  I have had the whole bag of tricks and I have finally found the truth.  Something Bow I suspect you are looking for.  Your failure is that I have no desire to go back to my old ways and all your childish antics, of mocking, name calling.. have no affect on me.  In fact, it is all school ground antics that adults are suppose to grow out of, seems you are still keen on them.   Wink

You keep deleting my posts for no other reason that they are right on the money about you.

You deleted the one in the Christian cradle where I remarked that not all Christians believe in demonic possession and if that is not a proof that you're afraid of the truth then I don't know what is.

You still have the manners of a punk no matter how much of a façade you think you're putting between you and others.

Non sequitur:

Do You Eat Carrots wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #124 - Aug 5th, 2017 at 10:50am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Aug 4th, 2017 at 10:09pm:
Well, I have covered quite a bit regarding what he has done on your behalf, whether or not you accept him is your choice, not mine.  I am not here to convince you when you have no desire to know him.  It is why he gives us all free will but there are rewards and consequences based on our decisions and ultimately whether or not you believe he exist will not be an excuse in the end.  It will be like standing in the middle of a freeway and denying the existence of a semi until it hits you.  I have made my choice, I have seen and witness his will in our lives, I have studied to determine even if there was ever a Christ and the history says there was.  I do not need any further convincing.

Why do you need to rule this forum like a megalomaniac?

That doesn't sound like someone who doesn't need more convincing. It does sound however like someone putting his fingers in his ears and going: "LALALALALA!!! I can't hear you!"

I've lost count of the posts of mine that you've deleted for no reason.

Don't worry people have more than enough time to read them before you delete them.

Non sequitur:

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #125 - Aug 5th, 2017 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Aug 4th, 2017 at 10:09pm:

A semi is real. I can see and hear it.

I would be a fool to stand in its way denying it.

The precise opposite is true of God.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #126 - Aug 5th, 2017 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Aug 5th, 2017 at 1:24pm:

Make it an invisible inaudible semi.

Like the one batman would drive... or the Ninja turtles...

SW's metaphors are always strained beyond belief.

Non sequitur:

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #127 - Aug 5th, 2017 at 11:57pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Aug 5th, 2017 at 1:24pm:

I guess we will see.  Enjoy your weekend.

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #128 - Aug 6th, 2017 at 8:13am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Aug 5th, 2017 at 11:57pm:
I guess we will see.  Enjoy your weekend.

Thanks, you too.

IP Logged

MikeGlosterIII
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Reply #129 - Aug 7th, 2017 at 11:41am
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Aug 2nd, 2017 at 9:38pm:
Quite a long time ago.

Your country still poisons, gasses and electrocuted people right now.

What's your point here?

Agreeing with you that the death penalty is barbaric and does not deter .   Cool

Let a man meet a she-bear robbed of her cubs rather than a fool in his folly. Proverbs 17:12 (ESV)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil...

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog