Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Soak the rich-Maine taxes
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Soak the rich-Maine taxes (Read 925 times)
petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Soak the rich-Maine taxes
Jun 14th, 2017 at 11:51am
Print Post  
Here in Maine voters recently voted to increase taxes for those making over 200k.

This seems so unfair. Of course the masses making under this amount will vote sure, let's tax them.

To the extent that top wage earners already cover the vast majority of the budget, you would think this type ballot - are you in favor of robbing paul for peter - should not be allowed.

I think it's disappointing as a whole, that our country continues to dive down this hole of penalizing those who have succeeded. Financially. It seemed growing up you were taught to believe in hard work paying off. Now hard work just means someone else will seek to steal your rewards and you are demonized if you balk at covering even more of the budget.

IP Logged

Abe
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: Soak the rich-Maine taxes
Reply #1 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
petep wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 11:51am:
Here in Maine voters recently voted to increase taxes for those making over 200k.

This seems so unfair. Of course the masses making under this amount will vote sure, let's tax them.

To the extent that top wage earners already cover the vast majority of the budget, you would think this type ballot - are you in favor of robbing paul for peter - should not be allowed.

I think it's disappointing as a whole, that our country continues to dive down this hole of penalizing those who have succeeded. Financially. It seemed growing up you were taught to believe in hard work paying off. Now hard work just means someone else will seek to steal your rewards and you are demonized if you balk at covering even more of the budget.

You nailed it with that one sentence.

IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #2 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 12:28pm
Print Post  

I agree, I think everyone should pay the same. Mid class income tax in Maine isn't bad, Fed is rape. Those that make over 200k still pay more then the rest.

We need more money for the people that don't use birth control.

Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, when I was dead broke I couldn't picture this.

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Trolls exterminated while
you wait.

Reply #3 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
I think it's disappointing as a whole, that our country continues to dive down this hole of penalizing those who have succeeded. 

Indeed.. Rich, white guys have had it tough ..

IP Logged

wyattstorch2004
LNF Speaker

GO CUBS

Reply #4 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 1:10pm:

What do race and gender have to do with anything?

And in terms of taxes, rich people, especially those with high income, have had it the toughest.  They, generally, pay the most in tax dollars.

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Trolls exterminated while
you wait.

Reply #5 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
wyattstorch2004 wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 2:56pm:
They, generally, pay the most in tax dollars.

I'm a bit surprised that that 'spin' still works..

You understand as well as I that it's the percentage of an individual's income paid as taxes that matter .. not overall taxes paid..

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #6 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
Romney paid a lower rate than me...

Nominated for 2016...
- Liberal of the Year
- Conservative of the Year
- Centrist of the Year

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #7 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 1:10pm:

And in the one response you see inside the mind of the left. At its core its punitive.

IP Logged

petep
Hardhat
LNF Bunker

Reply #8 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Jun 14th, 2017 at 3:16pm:
I'm a bit surprised that that 'spin' still works..

You understand as well as I that it's the percentage of an individual's income paid as taxes that matter .. not overall taxes paid..

Yes, and this tax increase increases the percentage of total that a person earning 200 or more pays. It's a progressive tax. More you make the more of a percent govt will take.

IP Logged

USyeah
LNF Party Leader

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #9 - Jun 14th, 2017 at 6:29pm
Print Post  

speaking of that sentence what was the top tax rate in the 50's & early 60's?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Soak the rich-Maine taxes

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog