Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › The Odds of Evolution Are Zero.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Odds of Evolution Are Zero. (Read 10,615 times)
Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: The Odds of Evolution Are Zero.
Reply #170 - Jul 5th, 2017 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
Let's say that it is written as it was written to the Jews, I have already stated there are some serious issues of the pope's elevation and the teaching of praying to saints, neither supported by the Bible.  Something you are not disputing.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #171 - Jul 5th, 2017 at 10:19pm
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Jul 5th, 2017 at 8:29pm:
It's not entirely clear from the context.  But when you read the entire chapter, it's pretty clear that Jesus is not talking about Hell.  The context is about fair treatment and judgment of yourself and others, and fixing your own faults before you harp on the faults of others....

Conclusion was about the narrow path to eternal life yet how broad the road to destruction (hell) is.

Luke 16:19-31 Here Jesus tells us the story of Lazarus, many scholars believe this to be a true story, of the rich man who went to hell and begged to warn his family.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #172 - Jul 6th, 2017 at 5:51am
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Jul 3rd, 2017 at 8:46pm:
Are you saying that religion is tragic foolishness and a desperate waste of time, or that religious people are ultimately deluded and should put their limited abilities to more productive enterprises?

Which?

Both.

Non sequitur:

The Wet Dreams of Mr Cousteau wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #173 - Jul 6th, 2017 at 9:36am
Print Post  

Seawolf wrote on Jul 5th, 2017 at 9:59pm:
Quote it.  Afterall, that is what the quote feature is for.

I already quoted it when I first responded to it. You can either go back and read it again, or not.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #174 - Jul 6th, 2017 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jul 5th, 2017 at 10:03pm:
Let's say that it is written as it was written to the Jews, I have already stated there are some serious issues of the pope's elevation and the teaching of praying to saints, neither supported by the Bible.  Something you are not disputing.

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #175 - Jul 6th, 2017 at 2:03pm
Print Post  

Seawolf wrote on Jul 5th, 2017 at 10:03pm:

I haven't disputed this, because it wasn't relevant to the issue we were discussing. But if you're willing to concede you were wrong in your claims of omission regarding the 10 Commandments, I'll go ahead and take this up.

1) The Pope's position, according to the Catechism, is supported by the Bible. You can disagree with the interpretation (lots of people do), but to claim it's unsupported by Scripture is incorrect.

2) Some people may pray to saints (or what you're really alleging - worship of saints), but that's not Catholic doctrine. Catholics ask saints to "pray for us." Do you ask other members of your church to pray for you? If you do, are you praying to them/worshiping them?

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #176 - Jul 6th, 2017 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Jul 6th, 2017 at 2:03pm:
I haven't disputed this, because it wasn't relevant to the issue we were discussing. But if you're willing to concede you were wrong in your claims of omission regarding the 10 Commandments, I'll go ahead and take this up.

1) The Pope's position, according to the Catechism, is supported by the Bible. You can disagree with the interpretation (lots of people do), but to claim it's unsupported by Scripture is incorrect.

2) Some people may pray to saints (or what you're really alleging - worship of saints), but that's not Catholic doctrine. Catholics ask saints to "pray for us." Do you ask other members of your church to pray for you? If you do, are you praying to them/worshiping them?

IF, and only if, they do not list the order as I posted.

Stating it is supported by scripture without the evidence does not constitute a fact.  I am more then happy to read your passages.  I have never read any passages that allows the pope said authority.

I do not ask dead people to pray for me, I ask my church and my fellow believers to pray for me.  There is authority when two or more are gathered in Jesus name.  All my requests are in the name of Jesus, there is no other name according to scripture.  Scripture states Jesus is our High Priest in the order of Melchizedek (Hebrews 6:20).  Having a group of people to pray for you is not worshiping them, no where in scripture does it state this.

Matthew 18:20

"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." 
« Last Edit: Jul 6th, 2017 at 4:50pm by Seawolf »  

IP Logged

Demos
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Hook 'Em

Reply #177 - Jul 6th, 2017 at 5:11pm
Print Post  

Seawolf wrote on Jul 6th, 2017 at 4:41pm:
IF, and only if, they do not list the order as I posted.

What is this supposed to mean? It's been shown to you there's no omission. Now they have to create a shorthand that meets your standards? Ok.  Roll Eyes

Quote:
Stating it is supported by scripture without the evidence does not constitute a fact.

The fact is that Scriptures are used to support it. You can agree with that interpretation of Scripture or not. 

Quote:
I am more then happy to read your passages.

Like you read everything provided to you about the 10 Commandments issue.

Quote:
I do not ask dead people to pray for me...

Why not? Are they not in heaven?  You cannot ask those already in God's presence to pray for you?

Quote:
Having a group of people to pray for you is not worshiping them, no where in scripture does it state this.

Exactly. Yet, you want to suggest Catholics worship saints. That's what you're on about with the 10 Commandments omission claim and now this. All so you can discount the Catholic Church's position on evolution.
« Last Edit: Jul 6th, 2017 at 5:17pm by Demos »  

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #178 - Jul 6th, 2017 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Jul 6th, 2017 at 5:11pm:
What is this supposed to mean? It's been shown to you there's no omission. Now they have to create a shorthand that meets your standards? Ok.  Roll Eyes

The fact is that Scriptures are used to support it. You can agree with that interpretation of Scripture or not

Like you read everything provided to you about the 10 Commandments issue.

http://i.imgur.com/ts6JK.gif 

Why not? Are they not in heaven?  You cannot ask those already in God's presence to pray for you?

Exactly. Yet, you want to suggest Catholics worship saints. That's what you're on about with the 10 Commandments omission claim and now this. All so you can discount the Catholic Church's position on evolution.

Where is your scripture?  I have not read anything and you have yet to post any scripture regarding the Pope.  I have taken the time to post scripture to validate my posts and so far I have read nothing about this authority given t the Pope in the Bible.  Of course you know I read daily, have read through the Bible and am doing it again in Chronological order.  I honestly would have read it if it was in the Bible but I am interested in what they use to justify the Pope. 
« Last Edit: Jul 6th, 2017 at 8:02pm by Seawolf »  

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #179 - Jul 6th, 2017 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
Demos wrote on Jul 6th, 2017 at 5:11pm:

I believe I said they pray to saints and the Bible is very, very clear that there is ONLY one name in which we can approach God by, and that is Jesus Christ, not saint Mary.  No other name is mentioned as a go between other then his son.  Do you understand why?

The purpose of reading scripture DAILY is to know God, not hearsay, not religious practices but to know God.  It is why we are challenged to do so independently by the guidance of God's Holy Spirit.  Men WILL deceive you, I don't care if it's the Pope, Calvin, Luther...  It is why David wrote in Psalm 119:11 Thy word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against thee. 

The best way to approach scripture is to imagine that you live on an island never having been exposed to Christianity and you read the Bible the very first time.  How would you interpret it outside of the influence of men?
« Last Edit: Jul 6th, 2017 at 8:08pm by Seawolf »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › The Odds of Evolution Are Zero.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog