Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › The Odds of Evolution Are Zero.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Odds of Evolution Are Zero. (Read 2,709 times)
Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: The Odds of Evolution Are Zero.
Reply #190 - Jul 7th, 2017 at 6:58am
Print Post  
Many scholars think that this is a true story rather then a parable due to how it is told as a matter of fact.  Debatable.  Also note that the sin IS identified based on the man's behavior towards Lazarus and is described in the study I linked and because of the context within Jesus's teaching.
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2017 at 9:10am by Seawolf »  

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #191 - Jul 7th, 2017 at 7:09am
Print Post  
I am also noting, and I COULD be wrong, you will need to clarify, that you do not believe that Christ is the way to our salvation.  In fact, you seem to suggest that the Old Testament and New Testament are at odds about Jesus.  I would highly suggest you read Isaiah 53.  Here is an example of the description of the prophecy of the Messiah.

But he was pierced for our transgressions,
    he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
    and by his wounds we are healed.

We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
    each of us has turned to our own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
    the iniquity of us all

He was oppressed and afflicted,
    yet he did not open his mouth;
he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,
    and as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
    so he did not open his mouth.
By oppression[a] and judgment he was taken away.
    Yet who of his generation protested?
For he was cut off from the land of the living;
    for the transgression of my people he was punished.
He was assigned a grave with the wicked,
    and with the rich in his death,
though he had done no violence,
    nor was any deceit in his mouth.

Yet it was the Lord’s will to crush him and cause him to suffer,
    [b]and though the Lord makes[c] his life an offering for sin
he will see his offspring and prolong his days,
    and the will of the Lord will prosper in his hand.
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2017 at 7:31am by Seawolf »  

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Running Deer
LNF Party Leader
LNF Bunker

Disloyal Opposition

Reply #192 - Jul 10th, 2017 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jul 7th, 2017 at 6:37am:
Here is your issue, you never ask questions

I don't ask you questions because you don't know anything.

Quote:
Obviously there is information you need to understand the culture and the event but doctrine contrived by men, for example Oneness vs. Trinity.

So then you shouldn't read the Bible by "imagin[ing] that you live on an island never having been exposed to Christianity."  Good to know!  LMAO

"If cousins, I would much prefer to marry one my Neanderthal relatives than a screeching chimpanzee which might bite my face off as has happened recently. Of course, chimps are not even a human species so procreation between humans and chimps is out of the question." - joe_christian, on sex

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #193 - Jul 10th, 2017 at 10:06pm
Print Post  
Running Deer wrote on Jul 10th, 2017 at 8:05pm:
I don't ask you questions because you don't know anything.

So then you shouldn't read the Bible by "imagin[ing] that you live on an island never having been exposed to Christianity."  Good to know!  LMAO

You do love to pivot when in a pinch.

IP Logged

Elmer Fudd
LNF House Leader
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #194 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
Limey wrote on Jun 15th, 2017 at 7:13am:
"Evolution" &  "the origin of life" aren't the same thing.

There is no question at all that evolution happens,  except amongst people who have deliberately chosen to ignore facts which disagree with literal interpretation of the Bible.

'Tis true that evolution and the origin of life are not the same thing.  I think it's also true that evolution as the origin of species is still an unproven theory.  But so is Creation by a higher being. 

There are "theistic evolutionists" about.  I know some.  Their belief is in a Creator who started the ball rolling and then orchestrated what we call "evolution" to create species.  Could be. 

I do not believe the earth is only 10,000 years old as some literalists do.  I had a conversation with one once who told me there were two views based on biblical genealogies: one set the earth at 6,000 years old and one at 10,000.  He told me he subscribed to the 10,000 year old figure because "the 6,000 year old genealogy was 'incomplete.'"  I asked him how he knew the 10,000 year old one was not also incomplete.  He just stared at me until it got a little awkward and I walked away. The teaching of Genesis is "God created."  Not "the earth is 10,000 (or 6,000) years old."

I personally find it hard to separate the fact of a Creation which I can clearly see around me from a Creator.  I find it harder to believe in a "singularity" that sprang from nothing absent a Creator creating it that then exploded and is continuing to expand.  I find it fairly easy to equate the idea of a Big Bang with a creation event by a Creator.

The history of man has been people seeing all this around them and thinking "something or somebody made all this and we better not make him angry."  Then the Creator revealed Himself to us. 

But both theories require some suspension of disbelief, I suppose, and God is the author of faith. 

non sumus stulti

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Trolls exterminated while
you wait.

Reply #195 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Elmer Fudd wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 3:21pm:
But both theories require some suspension of disbelief, I suppose, and God is the author of faith. 

Creationism indeed does require one to suspend one's critical thinking skills.. That's why it's called 'Faith' in a creator.  Faith being belief in spite of the lack of evidence.

Evolution simply requires an examination of the evidence..

IP Logged

Limey
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft
LNF Bunker

Reply #196 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
Elmer makes points with which even ardent atheists wouldn't disagree.

In doing so,  he doubtless riles the literalists, who must, always, shy away from anything approaching a sensible conversation.

Under Capitalism, Man exploits Man.

Under Communism, it's the exact opposite.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #197 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 3:43pm:
Creationism indeed does require one to suspend one's critical thinking skills.. That's why it's called 'Faith' in a creator.  Faith being belief in spite of the lack of evidence.

Evolution simply requires an examination of the evidence..

Out of nothing comes life requires far greater faith then even I can have.

IP Logged

Fiddler
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Trolls exterminated while
you wait.

Reply #198 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 7:44pm:
Out of nothing comes life requires far greater faith then even I can have.

"Out of nothing comes life" doesn't require 'faith'.. it simply requires exploration.. 

There is no question that mankind will solve the secret of life exactly in the same manner as we now dissect the atom, walk in space or disassemble genes and reorder them with intent.

It is not a barrier that can not be broken..

In fact... You'll probably live long enough to deny the accomplishment..

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #199 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 1:00am
Print Post  
Fiddler wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 11:24pm:
"Out of nothing comes life" doesn't require 'faith'.. it simply requires exploration.. 

There is no question that mankind will solve the secret of life exactly in the same manner as we now dissect the atom, walk in space or disassemble genes and reorder them with intent.

It is not a barrier that can not be broken..

In fact... You'll probably live long enough to deny the accomplishment..

How about "out of nothing comes a super magical being"? According to someone's logic that should require a bigger faith, much bigger.

Non sequitur:

Donkey Hoe Tay wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereReligion Forum › The Odds of Evolution Are Zero.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog