Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › OT: Where is Rabbit?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) OT: Where is Rabbit? (Read 4,270 times)
crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: OT: Where is Rabbit?
Reply #40 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 5:36am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Jun 17th, 2017 at 9:07am:
It's funny that you can't name one country that does have a pledge. Roll Eyes

Usually, that means that those countries are really bad and you know it.

What's funny is that you evidently haven't read it.  I'll admit to not being able to memorize lists or anything else as I've gotten into my 80's (The Pledge of Allegiance is ingrained in my memory, though. .  They no longer interest me and are boring.  You're right that the ones that are on the list are "really bad", but that doesn't actually mean anything other than those nations are "bad".  It certainly doesn't mean that we are a "bad" nation because we have a Pledge of Allegiance.  The Pledge of Allegiance is a 'good' thing to say and it hurts no one to say it or not to say it.  Good grief, how many promises have all of us broken over our lifespans?  If you don't want to say it, don't say it.  Just don't tell me not to.  It certainly doesn't hurt a kid to learn it.  Memorization is good for them.

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #41 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 5:44am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Jun 18th, 2017 at 5:36am:
What's funny is that you evidently haven't read it.  I'll admit to not being able to memorize lists or anything else as I've gotten into my 80's (The Pledge of Allegiance is ingrained in my memory, though. .  They no longer interest me and are boring.  You're right that the ones that are on the list are "really bad", but that doesn't actually mean anything other than those nations are "bad".  It certainly doesn't mean that we are a "bad" nation because we have a Pledge of Allegiance.  The Pledge of Allegiance is a 'good' thing to say and it hurts no one to say it or not to say it.  Good grief, how many promises have all of us broken over our lifespans?  If you don't want to say it, don't say it.  Just don't tell me not to.  It certainly doesn't hurt a kid to learn it.  Memorization is good for them.

There is something wrong in small children being made to learn any kind of mantra by heart and then recite them continuously. I have no objection to what adults do when they're not coerced to it but you should leave kids alone. Children should be protected from the partisanhood of adults.

Plus most countries that do have a pledge happen to have a shitty political regime as well. That should be an indicator, even to you.

Non sequitur:

The Hamster is at it Again wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:30am:
... that has less power than a hair dryer used by a eunuch.

Rabbit_Reborn wrote on Feb 5th, 2017 at 5:40pm:
...that makes me a moron.

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #42 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 6:05am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Jun 18th, 2017 at 5:44am:
There is something wrong in small children being made to learn any kind of mantra by heart and then recite them continuously. I have no objection to what adults do when they're not coerced to it but you should leave kids alone. Children should be protected from the partisanhood of adults.

Plus most countries that do have a pledge happen to have a shitty political regime as well. That should be an indicator, even to you.

Who the heck makes any child recite the Pledge of Allegiance continuously?  That's a typical idiotic statement.

If "most countries that do have a pledge happen to have a shitty political regime", then possibly it's time for more non-shitty countries to also have one and change your correlation.  That, too, would be a possibility.

You do realize that we parents and educators tell children what to do and how to do it quite often in raising and educating them, don't you?  Some stuff the kids will do all of their lives, and some stuff the kids will stop paying attention to as soon as they leave the house and get out on their own.  But they were at least taught.   That's the way I look at them learning the Pledge.  It doesn't harm them to learn it.

BTW, your snarky remark was noted but also uncalled for.  It didn't advance your argument at all.   Smiley

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #43 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 6:16am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Jun 18th, 2017 at 6:05am:
Who the heck makes any child recite the Pledge of Allegiance continuously?  That's a typical idiotic statement.

If "most countries that do have a pledge happen to have a shitty political regime", then possibly it's time for more non-shitty countries to also have one and change your correlation.  That, too, would be a possibility.

You do realize that we parents and educators tell children what to do and how to do it quite often in raising and educating them, don't you?  Some stuff the kids will do all of their lives, and some stuff the kids will stop paying attention to as soon as they leave the house and get out on their own.  But they were at least taught.   That's the way I look at them learning the Pledge.  It doesn't harm them to learn it.

BTW, your snarky remark was noted but also uncalled for.  It didn't advance your argument at all.   Smiley

I see that as usual you've missed all my points without exception. No biggie...

Non sequitur:

IP Logged

crepe05
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #44 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 6:23am
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Jun 18th, 2017 at 6:16am:
I see that as usual you've missed all my points without exception. No biggie...

What was the "point" that I missed?  Perhaps it's you who "miss" mine.

IP Logged

Jimmy S
LNF Representative

Reply #45 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 9:15am
Print Post  
crepe05 wrote on Jun 18th, 2017 at 6:05am:

Wow. Just, wow.

Double you. Tee. Eff.

IP Logged

Greg55_99
LNF Bunker

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #46 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 9:18am
Print Post  
So Rabbit, whither go'est thou?

Greg

&&&&"You want the TRUTH? You can't handle THE TRUTH!!"

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #47 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
He hopped away until he feels good about being a political hack again.  It is hard to defend this republican party.

Definition of Stupid: 
Knowing the truth, seeing evidence of truth, but still believing the lie.

IP Logged

TowardLiberty
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

anti-state, anti-war and
pro-market

Reply #48 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jun 18th, 2017 at 2:49pm:
He hopped away until he feels good about being a political hack again.  It is hard to defend this republican party.

A swing and a miss.

"Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist." J M Keynes

"In the first place, the dichotomy between "theoretical" and "practical" is a false one. In economics, all arguments are theoretical. And, since economics discusses the real world, these theoretical arguments are by their nature "practical" ones as well." M Rothbard

IP Logged

BowHunter
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #49 - Jun 18th, 2017 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
TowardLiberty wrote on Jun 18th, 2017 at 3:00pm:
A swing and a miss.

Rabbit is on the links?

Non sequitur:

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › OT: Where is Rabbit?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog