Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Do we all agree on this?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Do we all agree on this? (Read 1,350 times)
JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Re: Do we all agree on this?
Reply #70 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
Archie wrote on Jun 18th, 2017 at 9:56pm:
Really? I am sure, that I know a lot about a lot of things way beyond your comprehension. And not only politically. I am pretty sure that three years from now, you will be much better off than you are now. That is if you are normal and a working or retired citizen.
Trump even though with all the false news and accusations, will be elected again in 2020.
Smiley

I don't think Russia can sneak in again  Grin

Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, when I was dead broke I couldn't picture this.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #71 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:18pm:
There is a rising meme on the right that maintains we should vote for the best candidates, and not pick someone just for the sake of diversity.  Similarly, the fact that the Trump administration is composed almost entirely of white dudes should not be seen as bad thing -- he is picking the best talent, and is not worried about maintaining some artificial diversity.

Here's the thing.  When Trump picks only white dudes, it's not that he's "discriminating against" other people, it's that he himself is NOT picking the best candidates.  Given the diversity of top-tier candidates in this country, his white-dude team is evidence that HE is picking people based on race/gender. 

Similarly, look at all the people standing with Trump in that rose garden ceremony, celebrating the only measurable victory Trump has had in congress so far (passing Trumpcare I in the house).  They're all white dudes.  That's not a sign that we're picking the best candidates for office in all those republican districts.  It's a sign that in all those republican districts, people overwhelmingly pick the white dude.

In this way, I suppose, Trump's inherent racial bias is accurately reflecting the inherent racial bias in national politics.

It reflects that the republican party is basically a white dude party.

Definition of Stupid: 
Knowing the truth, seeing evidence of truth, but still believing the lie.

IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #72 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:26pm:
It reflects that the republican party is basically a white dude party.

Democrats want it that way. Republicans don't push them out. Democrats suck them in.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #73 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
JohnnyBgood wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:13pm:
If we had not yet had a black president, yes. But Ben is a conservative who doesn't focus enough on one race. I don't feel Obama did either. He won because he was the best candidate regardless of the reasons more blacks voted in history.

Just proved my point.  Blacks would not vote for Carson because of his conservative views.  It is more about party lines than anything else.

Definition of Stupid: 

IP Logged

Queshank
LNF Representative3
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #74 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 9:47am:
Grin  Maybe the three of us did not misunderstand your post.  Perhaps you are back tracking because you now see how foolish your point was or perhaps you just have trouble explaining your point.  as for my two points that you claim contradicts themselves, they do not.  Among party lines, I believe you guys had 17 candidates in the primary election.  Overall, Trump beat them pout and I believe it had something to do with his wealth and celebrity. 

Wadsworth, nothing changed between my two posts.  The only difference between them is I broke down an example with concrete numbers since you couldn't figure out 20-70 thousand wasnt a "majority" in any of those states without someone connecting the dots for you.

Why did people who voted Obama in 08 and 12 vote Trump in 2016 if people vote primarily based on party lines?  Ill wait.

Queshank

Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told.

Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #75 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
Queshank wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:34pm:
Wadsworth, nothing changed between my two posts.  The only difference between them is I broke down an example with concrete numbers since you couldn't figure out 20-70 thousand wasnt a "majority" in any of those states without someone connecting the dots for you.

Why did people who voted Obama in 08 and 12 vote Trump in 2016 if people vote primarily based on party lines?  Ill wait.

Queshank

There are always people who will vote for someone in the general election that is not in the party they are affiliated with.  It happens in every election.  I said "basically".  Which means in most cases.  Many of those who voted for Obama and then Trump were not democrats.  Most were independents.

Btw, I am not talking about what changed between your post.  I am only addressing your post I originally addressed.

Definition of Stupid: 

IP Logged

JohnnyBgood
LNF Speaker
The Writer's Croft

Im guilty of Locker room
talk too

Reply #76 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
BowHunter wrote on Jun 18th, 2017 at 10:09am:
Would the results be different if the people that don't vote, were motivated to vote?

Yes, we saw that this year. The red necks and stupid loved Trumps fence, ban middle eastern people, and remarks about the black president. Plus, a women president after having a black president. In 2008 minorities were motivated, and in 2016 dumb people were motivated. The rest of us were in a shit hole with two sucky options that caused many to not even vote which helped Trump.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #77 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
JohnnyBgood wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 12:30pm:
Democrats want it that way. Republicans don't push them out. Democrats suck them in.

Peoples opinions make them choose.  If republicans wanted more diversity, then they must offer something appealing.  Hating gays, demonizing the "others", certainly does not help.

Definition of Stupid: 

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #78 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 1:43pm:
Peoples opinions make them choose.  If republicans wanted more diversity, then they must offer something appealing.  Hating gays, demonizing the "others", certainly does not help.

I think you have Republicans confused with Muslims    Grin

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #79 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
The Original Wally wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 1:55pm:
I think you have Republicans confused with Muslims    Grin

So you have changed you rhetoric now?

When the Supreme Court ruled same sex marriage legal in every state on Friday, millions cheered. Couples embraced. People cried. Facebook users changed their colors to rainbow. So did the White House.
It was a landmark moment that so many Americans, gay and straight, never thought they’d see.

Sen. Ted Cruz said it was “the darkest 24 hours in our nation’s history.”

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/07/republicans-gay-marriage-angry-11...

A staggering number of Republicans support the Confederate flag, new poll finds
http://www.salon.com/2015/07/08/a_staggering_number_of_republicans_support_the_c...

Definition of Stupid: 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › Do we all agree on this?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog