Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › What Demon possession looks like.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic What Demon possession looks like. (Read 116 times)
fair-minded know it all
LNF Party Leader

fair-minded conservative
leaning independent

What Demon possession looks like.
Jun 19th, 2017 at 10:37am
Print Post  
Sadly you only need to go to many "charismatic" churches to find out.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: What Demon possession looks like.
Reply #1 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
Wow, not sure I have ever read anything like this when the Apostles were filled with the Holy Spirit.  This is purely wrong on so many, many levels.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

Charles Carroll, signer of the DOI

IP Logged

fair-minded know it all
LNF Party Leader

fair-minded conservative
leaning independent

Reply #2 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 6:14am
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jun 19th, 2017 at 4:14pm:
Wow, not sure I have ever read anything like this when the Apostles were filled with the Holy Spirit.  This is purely wrong on so many, many levels.

It's not uncommon, much of that goes on here in the US in many charismatic and Pentecostal churches. (I'm not saying all go to this extreme, but it's a slippery slope.)

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #3 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 11:42am
Print Post  
fair-minded know it all wrote on Jun 20th, 2017 at 6:14am:
It's not uncommon, much of that goes on here in the US in many charismatic and Pentecostal churches. (I'm not saying all go to this extreme, but it's a slippery slope.)

I go to a Pentecostal church and that would not even fly.  Everything we believe is rooted in scripture, but this is not even remotely mentioned or demonstrated in the Bible.

"Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals, the best security for the duration of free governments."

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #4 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
Let me say that the power of the Holy Spirit in us is to accomplish the will of God, not for our amusement.  I do not believe that speaking of tongues is a must for a believer, it is evidence but when I read scripture and look at the apostles, the Holy Spirit worked through them in their ministry of reaching the lost.  God's spirit is meant to assist us in our PRIMARY responsibility that Christ commissioned us all for, the reaching of the lost.  I will be so bold as to say if you are not reaching out to the lost I am not sure you can claim to be a follower of Christ.  It is the sole reason why you and I are still here.

IP Logged

fair-minded know it all
LNF Party Leader

fair-minded conservative
leaning independent

Reply #5 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jun 20th, 2017 at 12:04pm:
Let me say that the power of the Holy Spirit in us is to accomplish the will of God, not for our amusement.  I do not believe that speaking of tongues is a must for a believer, it is evidence but when I read scripture and look at the apostles, the Holy Spirit worked through them in their ministry of reaching the lost.  God's spirit is meant to assist us in our PRIMARY responsibility that Christ commissioned us all for, the reaching of the lost.  I will be so bold as to say if you are not reaching out to the lost I am not sure you can claim to be a follower of Christ.  It is the sole reason why you and I are still here.

It's a major reason but not the sole reason.

IP Logged

Seawolf
LNF Moderator
LNF Bunker

Reply #6 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 6:30am
Print Post  
fair-minded know it all wrote on Jun 20th, 2017 at 2:44pm:
It's a major reason but not the sole reason.

I agree.  I would dare say less then 5% actually witness to folks on a regular basis in our churches.  Out of a church of 700 I get only 3-6 people who will attend my class on witnessing.  Pastor last Sunday remarked about God's will of us sharing the gospel and he got a tepid applause.  People are going to hell and we seem to be so nonchalant about it.  Spurgeon said he would rather be camped at the gates of hell so that he could grab people by whatever means necessary to spare them God's wrath.
« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2017 at 6:43am by Seawolf »  

IP Logged

Muckster
LNF Staffer3

Reply #7 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
Seawolf wrote on Jun 21st, 2017 at 6:30am:
I agree.  I would dare say less then 5% actually witness to folks on a regular basis in our churches.  Out of a church of 700 I get only 3-6 people who will attend my class on witnessing.  Pastor last Sunday remarked about God's will of us sharing the gospel and he got a tepid applause.  People are going to hell and we seem to be so nonchalant about it.  Spurgeon said he would rather be camped at the gates of hell so that he could grab people by whatever means necessary to spare them God's wrath.
In another thread you mentioned free will. So if someone chooses to do things counter to god's will and will therefore be going to hell, who are you to interfere with their god given right to exercise of free will (assuming we're talking about adults not being forced to do these bad things).

IP Logged

Frank1
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #8 - Today at 9:36pm
Print Post  
I think we have a lot bigger things to worry about than some Pentecostals crawling around on their church floor.

To say homo sapiens, is to say Homo religiosus; there is no man without God. ~Frithjof Schuon

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HereChristian Forum › What Demon possession looks like.

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog