Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › so what DID become of the Tea Party?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) so what DID become of the Tea Party? (Read 2,175 times)
The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Re: so what DID become of the Tea Party?
Reply #100 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:54am
Print Post  
michiganFats wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:03am:
I'm not sure you really are "tea party" though. It looks to me like a lot of people today calling themselves tea partiers are socially and fiscally conservative and that's not what the tea party originally was. It became that after the GOP meddled with it.

I guess I don't know then what qualifies as being a Tea Party person.  I attended Tea Party rallies in South Carolina and New York in 2009 & 2010 and believed in the message shared in the events I attended.  I have continued to share this message in town hall meetings and Republican Committee Meeting and even once spoke out on a local issue on television...but I don't refer to myself as being a member of "the Tea Party' which is not a political organization; it was and still is a movement with growing support/whatever you label it.

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Luther
LNF Party Leader

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #101 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:56am
Print Post  
The Original Wally wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:54am:
I guess I don't know then what qualifies as being a Tea Party person.  I attended Tea Party rallies in South Carolina and New York in 2009 & 2010 and believed in the message shared in the events I attended.  I have continued to share this message in town hall meetings and Republican Committee Meeting and even once spoke out on a local issue on television...but I don't refer to myself as being a member of "the Tea Party' which is not a political organization; it was and still is a movement with growing support/whatever you label it.

Wally, he's a troll bud.

he's just playing with you Wink

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

michiganFats
LNF Representative2

Reply #102 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:56am
Print Post  
The Original Wally wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:54am:

By 2009, 2010 the TP was already dead.

IP Logged

walkstall
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus
LNF Bunker

WYSIWYG

Reply #103 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 11:19am
Print Post  
michiganFats wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:56am:
By 2009, 2010 the TP was already dead.

Grin  They have been saying that for 9 years now.   Grin

Dem's new 2018 platform, we are trusted more than CNN!

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Party Leader

Reply #104 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
walkstall wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 11:19am:

Right, I'm one who was there

What have they accomplished?

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

forgotten centrist
LNF Speaker

bring back the middle
class!

Reply #105 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
The Tea Party is still around.  They can lay claim to the house freedom caucus and Trump's election.  (Or perhaps to be more accurate, Trump hijacked the Tea Party to secure his election.)

They were never very good at getting any particular agenda "passed", but they were very good at "stopping" things.  Most recently, they stopped Trumpcare I from passing in the house.  A revised bill was tweaked to get enough votes to pass, but the senate bill (Trumpcare II) is likely to hit the same freedom caucus wall.

Nominated for 2016...
- Liberal of the Year
- Conservative of the Year
- Centrist of the Year

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the

Reply #106 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
forgotten centrist wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 12:35pm:
The Tea Party is still around.  They can lay claim to the house freedom caucus and Trump's election.  (Or perhaps to be more accurate, Trump hijacked the Tea Party to secure his election.)

They were never very good at getting any particular agenda "passed", but they were very good at "stopping" things.  Most recently, they stopped Trumpcare I from passing in the house.  A revised bill was tweaked to get enough votes to pass, but the senate bill (Trumpcare II) is likely to hit the same freedom caucus wall.

Those who support "The Tea Party" Movement's positions, as well as the so called "Christian Coalition" chose to give Donald Trump a try.  He studied the messages and said the right things, so far he's done some of what he's said he'd do, in spite of the obstruction from the Left and the hinderence from establishment GOP 'moderates'.

If Trump fails to deliver, he will have proven himself to be merely a charlatan or someone who was incapable of governing, or both.  However the jury's still out.  We'll see what he accomplishes by the midterm, but he'll be judged as he comes up for reelection in 2020. 

The ship of State is an enormous Battleship and it takes awhile to change its course.  It remains to be seen if President Trump is the right Captain of our ship!

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

michiganFats
LNF Representative2

Reply #107 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
The Original Wally wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 12:59pm:
Those who support "The Tea Party" Movement's positions, as well as the so called "Christian Coalition" chose to give Donald Trump a try.  He studied the messages and said the right things, so far he's done some of what he's said he'd do, in spite of the obstruction from the Left and the hinderence from establishment GOP 'moderates'.

If Trump fails to deliver, he will have proven himself to be merely a charlatan or someone who was incapable of governing, or both.  However the jury's still out.  We'll see what he accomplishes by the midterm, but he'll be judged as he comes up for reelection in 2020. 

The ship of State is an enormous Battleship and it takes awhile to change its course.  It remains to be seen if President Trump is the right Captain of our ship!

What are the Tea Party's positions?

Here's what they were originally. Stop the duopoly, raise money to put initiatives on ballots for the voters to decide, and put candidates up for precinct level offices.

It wasn't "Uh, Durr, GOP rules!"

IP Logged

michiganFats
LNF Representative2

Reply #108 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
walkstall wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 11:19am:

And they've been right.

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the

Reply #109 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
possibly this is what happened to The Tea Party... Grin Grin

" WATCH: Tea dispensers fly, shirt comes off in viral video of fight at SA area Taco Bell
http://www.ksat.com/news/watch-tea-dispensers-fly-shirt-comes-off-in-viral-video...

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › so what DID become of the Tea Party?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog