Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › so what DID become of the Tea Party?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) so what DID become of the Tea Party? (Read 2,915 times)
Luther
LNF Majority Leader

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Re: so what DID become of the Tea Party?
Reply #60 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 12:20am
Print Post  

Add another 2010 tea party darling as a loss

My own state of Idaho, Raul Labrador is running for Governor and not seeking reelection 

The tea party is dead
« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2017 at 8:31am by Luther »  

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #61 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 10:27am
Print Post  
Abe wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 9:59pm:
Nice pivot and less than brilliant conclusion. Roll Eyes Every time Wadsworth is wrong which runs close to 100% he replies to something not said or even remotely being talked about. I'd used the word tangent but that's reserved for another poster who does the same thing.

OK, you have not been following the thread as usual.  Now please tell me what issues the Tea party complained about have been addressed.

Definition of Stupid: 
Knowing the truth, seeing evidence of truth, but still believing the lie.

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #62 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 10:30am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 11:31pm:
They're dying off .

I'm sure that's okay with you Wink

The other half is too young to die off.  I agree with this.......
Mojo-Jojo wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 9:10am:
The TEA Party's unifying factor, Obama, is out of office. They were the counter to the rise and election of a progressive POTUS. The tables have turned and now the left, unified under the #resistance  label have a unifying factor, Trump.

Anyone remember the power the Evangelicals once held over the GOP? Seems forever ago now. Looks to me like the party has chosen greed over God.   

Definition of Stupid: 

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #63 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 11:51am
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 10:30am:
The other half is too young to die off.  I agree with this.......

Yep, I'm still alive last I checked Wink

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #64 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
walkstall wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 10:24pm:
This is fun!  You have been working your ass off at killing the Tea Party for the last 9+ years.  But their not dead yet.   Smiley Smiley   Hell even the MSM can not kill them off.   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

It's the difference between a genuine grass roots movement and an Astro-Turf movement set up by Left Wing Organizations using many of the same professional protesters who are wearing Pussyhats one week and then appear as ANTIFA members somewhere else!

The Tea Party will come together when it becomes necessary to come out against our government...again!

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Luther
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #65 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
The Original Wally wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 12:38pm:
It's the difference between a genuine grass roots movement and an Astro-Turf movement set up by Left Wing Organizations using many of the same professional protesters who are wearing Pussyhats one week and then appear as ANTIFA members somewhere else!

The Tea Party will come together when it becomes necessary to come out against our government...again!

Quote:

Not with this guy Wally. You'll be on your own Wink

You know what they say Wally?

"Fool me once, shame on you Wink

Fool me twice, shame on me" Wink

IP Logged

The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Reply #66 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 1:07pm:
Not with this guy Wall. You'll be on your own Wink

You know what they say Wally?

"Fool me once, shame on you Wink

Fool me twice, shame on me" Wink

At least this President will not be illegally using the IRS to target individual Tea Party Members.  Who knows though, since you guys don't seem to have any problem with what Obama did, perhaps Trump will have the IRS start going after individual members of Left Wing Organizations!  Roll Eyes

By the way...this is what happened to the Tea Party!  Obama chilled the movement by illegally going after anyone who assumed a Leadership position trying to organize anything!

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

Luther
LNF Majority Leader

Reply #67 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
The Original Wally wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 1:10pm:
At least this President will not be illegally using the IRS to target individual Tea Party Members.  Who knows though, since you guys don't seem to have any problem with what Obama did, perhaps Trump will have the IRS start going after individual members of Left Wing Organizations!  Roll Eyes

By the way...this is what happened to the Tea Party!  Obama chilled the movement by illegally going after anyone who assumed a Leadership position trying to organize anything!

Quote:
At least this President will not be illegally using the IRS to target individual Tea Party Members. 

Oh that's reassuring . Not that The IRS and the 16 amendment is the real issue there Wink

Quote:
Who knows though, since you guys don't seem to have any problem with what Obama did,

Oh no... just missed countless days of work and dedicated myself/life to the tea party movement from the beginning Wink Grin Roll Eyes  Why don't you have a problem with Trump's liberalism/progressiveness?

Quote:

Not even close

The tea party died the day it started to endorse candidates. I said that years ago when it first started to happen and I'm saying it now Wink

The people Wally were out in the streets for God sake!

yeppers

IP Logged

Abe
LNF Representative2
LNF Bunker

Reply #68 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
Wadsworth wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 10:27am:
OK, you have not been following the thread as usual.  Now please tell me what issues the Tea party complained about have been addressed. 

Maybe you need to learn to read and then recall the statements you make when refuted!

You said the tea party was NOT about issues.

Wadsworth wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 2:54pm:
Exactly, the Tea party was about Obama, not about issues.

Then I gave you the issues with a link unlike your misinformed remarks:

Abe wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 3:03pm:
It wasn't about issues?

Some may disagree

What is the Tea Party?

The Tea Party is a political movement that largely began in 2009 with protests that were sponsored both locally and nationally.

What type of “movement” is the Tea Party?

The Tea Party is essentially a populist movement urging political change for the benefit of the people. The focus is on fiscal conservatism.

How does the Tea Party align with other political movements or parties?

In general the movement is considered conservative as well as libertarian, favoring decreased taxes as well as decreased spending by the government. So far the Tea Party has endorsed Republican candidates.

What are some other important aspects of the Tea Party movement?

Other hallmarks of the Tea Party movement include reducing the federal budget deficit as well as the national debt, and advocating the country’s adherence to the original interpretation of the U.S. Constitution with the belief that the judiciary should only uphold the law and not create new law.

What are the Tea Party protests?

The Tea Party protests occurred beginning in 2009 and took place across the country as part of the larger Tea Party movement demanding fiscal responsibility by politicians.

Also advocated was an adherence to the Constitution, individual freedom and smaller government as well as lower taxes.

What were some of the prominent Tea Party protests?

The first major “Tea Party” protest occurred on Feb. 27, 2009 and was against the TARP bailout bill and the ARRA stimulus bill. TARP stands for Troubled Assets Relief Program and had been signed in 2008 by President George W. Bush. The ARRA stands for American Recovery and Reinvestment Act and was signed ten days before the protest by President Barack Obama.

Then you show your ignorance and the highlighted pivot by contradicting yourself with this by saying they had no issues and gave up:

Wadsworth wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 5:59pm:
So the Tea Party gave up.  None of their issues were addressed.

To which I called you out again.

Abe wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 9:59pm:
Nice pivot and less than brilliant conclusion. Roll Eyes Every time Wadsworth is wrong which runs close to 100% he replies to something not said or even remotely being talked about. I'd used the word tangent but that's reserved for another poster who does the same thing.

So let's recap. First you say they have no issues and I prove you wrong. Then you pivot and pretend that isn't what you said and claim they gave up on their issues, the same issues that you initially stated they never had.  Roll EyesThen you get pissed when I put your inability to comprehend and follow on display. Followed by you dodging and lying by saying that I can't follow.

You're a real piece of work Waddy...and it "ain't" a good one. Like Harry once said about you.."don't argue with Waddy, sooner or later she proves herself wrong."

Now be sure to deny the proof in front of all of us and go off on another tangent like someone else we know whom I might add, I already mentioned. Cheesy Then you wonder why every discussion you enter ends up going badly for you and makes you look foolish.  Undecided

I highlighted the tangent part since I have no doubt you will talk about something unrelated to what I just posted.

Here even simpler for you. You claim they had no issues. I gave you their issues. You pivoted. I called your pivot...you attack me.

Here's your second pivot:

"Now please tell me what issues the Tea party complained about have been addressed."

Not quite what you first said..you said they had no issues and THAT is what I addressed but now you ignore that and try to pivot.

I understand. Thinking and following, let alone replying to what is actually said to you instead of what you divert tois difficult for you when you're contradicted. Maybe you just get flustered...that's it. Undecided

So tell me what your misstatement that I can't follow a thread has to do with me replying DIRECTLY to a statement YOU made and I refuted? Let me help you using your own words:

Wadsworth wrote on Jul 15th, 2017 at 9:34am:
Yep, it does not take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Wink

« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2017 at 4:48pm by Abe »  

IP Logged

Wadsworth
LNF Speaker
LNF Bunker

Reply #69 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
Abe wrote on Jul 16th, 2017 at 4:13pm:
Maybe you need to learn to read and then recall the statements you make when refuted!

You said the tea party was NOT about issues.

Then I gave you the issues with a link unlike your misinformed remarks:

Then you show your ignorance and the highlighted pivot by contradicting yourself with this by saying they had no issues and gave up:

To which I called you out again.

So let's recap. First you say they have no issues and I prove you wrong. Then you pivot and pretend that isn't what you said and claim they gave up on their issues, the same issues that you initially stated they never had.  Roll EyesThen you get pissed when I put your inability to comprehend and follow on display. Followed by you dodging and lying by saying that I can't follow.

You're a real piece of work Waddy...and it "ain't" a good one. Like Harry once said about you.."don't argue with Waddy, sooner or later she proves herself wrong."

Now be sure to deny the proof in front of all of us and go off on another tangent like someone else we know whom I might add, I already mentioned. Cheesy Then you wonder why every discussion you enter ends up going badly for you and makes you look foolish.  Undecided

I highlighted the tangent part since I have no doubt you will talk about something unrelated to what I just posted.

Here even simpler for you. You claim they had no issues. I gave you their issues. You pivoted. I called your pivot...you attack me.

Here's your second pivot:

"Now please tell me what issues the Tea party complained about have been addressed."

Not quite what you first said..you said they had no issues and THAT is what I addressed but now you ignore that and try to pivot.

I understand. Thinking and following, let alone replying to what is actually said to you instead of what you divert to is difficult for you when you're contradicted. Maybe you just get flustered...that's it. Undecided

So tell me what your misstatement that I can't follow a thread has to do with me replying DIRECTLY to a statement YOU made and I refuted? Let me help you using your own words:

According to you and Luther, there were issues and I am saying that if they were, they never were addressed, so why are they not still protesting.

Definition of Stupid: 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › so what DID become of the Tea Party?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog