Liberty News Forum
Political News Forum - Let your opinions be heard on current news and politics. Not for wimps!
Political Opinion Page - Recent Posts - LNF Forums LNF in the Age of Empowerment!
Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Entertainment - Sports Forum
Military - A1 News Page - Computers Tech - Financial News - Bunker - Presidential Tracking Poll
The House - Off the Wall News - Page 2 - Rasmussen Reports Polls - Chat Room
Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › so what DID become of the Tea Party?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) so what DID become of the Tea Party? (Read 2,176 times)
The Original Wally
Hardhat
Conservative Caucus

Cunning... is but the
low mimic of wisdom ~Plato

Re: so what DID become of the Tea Party?
Reply #90 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 9:57am
Print Post  
michiganFats wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 9:44am:
I applaud you for getting involved but this isn't about you. There is no Tea Party. We do however have people who are riding the name like a Filipino prostitute for personal gain.

I understand your point.  Even while we were having Tea Party Rallies in 2009 and 2010, a few different organizations popped up with Tea Party names, such as the Tea Party Express.  They didn't represent anyone other than their own small subset of the movement.  Leading up to 2012, Obama had the IRS illegally target individual Americans who tried to organize Tea Party Groups.  This had a chilling effect and the "Tea Party" went under ground.  Whatever you call this populist movement, it exists and is growing stronger. (sending more "Tea Party" candidates to Congress)I still like to refer to it as the "Tea Party" for lack of a better name, but when I walk around the community and meet neighbors and carry petetions for myself and those candidates we endorse, I am talking about policies and positions; not political labels.  If someone discloses to me that they were (are) Tea Party people (since the positions/policies are the same, then I may chat with them about my activities in the early Tea Party, as well as my family members.  Otherwise, the Media and the Left, from Obama on down have Lied about the Tea Party so much that it's best to just talk about the same common sense, conservative positions we shared when someone dreamed up that name (Tea Party). The movement doesn't die...because it truly was a grassroots movement and still is...  Wink

" The few will always act like the few.

Machiavelli

WWWAIM  
IP Logged

michiganFats
LNF Representative2

I Love Liberty News Forum!

Reply #91 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:03am
Print Post  
The Original Wally wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 9:57am:
I understand your point.  Even while we were having Tea Party Rallies in 2009 and 2010, a few different organizations popped up with Tea Party names, such as the Tea Party Express.  They didn't represent anyone other than their own small subset of the movement.  Leading up to 2012, Obama had the IRS illegally target individual Americans who tried to organize Tea Party Groups.  This had a chilling effect and the "Tea Party" went under ground.  Whatever you call this populist movement, it exists and is growing stronger. (sending more "Tea Party" candidates to Congress)I still like to refer to it as the "Tea Party" for lack of a better name, but when I walk around the community and meet neighbors and carry petetions for myself and those candidates we endorse, I am talking about policies and positions; not political labels.  If someone discloses to me that they were (are) Tea Party people (since the positions/policies are the same, then I may chat with them about my activities in the early Tea Party, as well as my family members.  Otherwise, the Media and the Left, from Obama on down have Lied about the Tea Party so much that it's best to just talk about the same common sense, conservative positions we shared when someone dreamed up that name (Tea Party). The movement doesn't die...because it truly was a grassroots movement and still is...  Wink

I'm not sure you really are "tea party" though. It looks to me like a lot of people today calling themselves tea partiers are socially and fiscally conservative and that's not what the tea party originally was. It became that after the GOP meddled with it.

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Party Leader

Reply #92 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:20am
Print Post  
michiganFats wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:03am:
I'm not sure you really are "tea party" though. It looks to me like a lot of people today calling themselves tea partiers are socially and fiscally conservative and that's not what the tea party originally was. It became that after the GOP meddled with it.

Quote:
It became that after the GOP meddled with it.

Are you sure that's what happen Fat's? Roll Eyes

Me thinks not

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

michiganFats
LNF Representative2

Reply #93 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:21am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:20am:
Are you sure that's what happen Fat's? Roll Eyes

Me thinks not

The more you say the more sure I am you were a johnny come lately.

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Party Leader

Reply #94 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:26am
Print Post  
michiganFats wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:21am:
The more you say the more sure I am you were a johnny come lately.

No Fat's...

I was organizing and leading from the first protest to the last...

This was also leading a 5,000 people march and ready to kick some ass Wink Smiley

Where you there Fats?

Or did you take your rights and liberties for granted? Grin   

All throughout our American history, world history, "ordinary people can do extraordinary things"

IP Logged

michiganFats
LNF Representative2

Reply #95 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:29am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:26am:
No Fat's...

I was organizing and leading from the first protest to the last...

This was aslo leading a 5,000 people march and ready to kick some ass

Where you there Fats?

Or do ya take your rights and liberties for granted? Grin   

I don't believe you were there. Originally the TP had no agenda, it was about breaking duopoly. It's you Johnny come latelys who feel the need to post your cred. The TP was made made up of disaffected people from all over the spectrum, it wasn't just conservative people.

But you go ahead and tell me some more about your days in the trenches.

And I'll keep laughing at you.

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Party Leader

Reply #96 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:33am
Print Post  
michiganFats wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:29am:
I don't believe you were there. Originally the TP had no agenda, it was about breaking duopoly. It's you Johnny come latelys who feel the need to post your cred. The TP was made made up of disaffected people from all over the spectrum, it wasn't just conservative people.

But you go ahead and tell me some more about your days in the trenches.

And I'll keep laughing at you.

Me thinks Fat's you're nothing but a little troll

Good day

IP Logged

michiganFats
LNF Representative2

Reply #97 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:35am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:33am:
Me thinks Fat's you're nothing but a little troll

Good day

http://www.drpr.com.au/public-relations-blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/troll-ho...

And I think I got under your skin. Because I'm right and you know it.

There's nothing wrong with wanting what you want Luther, just don't claim you're something else while you're trying to get it.

IP Logged

Luther
LNF Party Leader

Reply #98 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:39am
Print Post  
michiganFats wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:35am:
And I think I got under your skin. Because I'm right and you know it.

There's nothing wrong with wanting what you want Luther, just don't claim you're something else while you're trying to get it.

Nah... I have suspected you of being a little troll for awhile

It's just confirmed now Wink

IP Logged

michiganFats
LNF Representative2

Reply #99 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:42am
Print Post  
Luther wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:39am:
Nah... I have suspected you of being a little troll for awhile

It's just confirmed now Wink

Deflection is common on this site I've noticed.

The original Tea Party brand didn't survive first contact with the MSM, didn't even last 6 months. Be whatever you want to be just be honest about what you really are.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 
Send TopicPrint

Liberty News ForumLNF Forums HerePolitical Opinion Page - The Hot Seat › so what DID become of the Tea Party?

LNF Home - Political Opinion Page
LNF Forums

Christian Forum - Religion Forum - Sports Forum - Entertainment - House
Military, History - Cooking and Crafts - Creative Writing
Off the Wall News - Science Forum - Tech Gadgets - Financial News - Humor
Bunker - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Chat Room

Drudge Report - News Max - Rush Limbaugh - FrontpageMag
Advertise on the LNF - Twitter LNF - LNF Archive - LNF News
LNF Blog
News and Political Links
Political Blogs
Add your website or blog